Diarrhea / Tummy problems - imodium delivery? 7/11?

JThai

Ahh sorry for the gross topic but it's getting worse. Not sure what I ate that caused it but stomach is gassy, gross burps and many trips to the toilet. I think I need to get some Imodium or Loperamide but I don't want to walk too far. I'm near Sukumvit Soi 18 or 22, any one know of a pharmacy that delivers? or does 7/11 carry this? :(

+1 for charcoal, while your at the pharmacy you may as well ask for something. they will probably give you this stuff called "milk of magnesium". that works for me. just drink a tablespoon and your good to go

• Like 1

I would case advise against Immodium as it can prolong the illness.A better option and one that will help absorb toxins and render them inert (as opposed to prolonging their stay in your gut) is activated charcoal or Smecta.

I don't know oif any pharmacies that deliver but for this or any other need, you can usually just pay a motorcycle taxi driver to run get it for you. If doing that best write down "SMECTA" and tell him to go to a pharmacy (ran kai ya) for it. While you are at it, have him pick up ample fluids to help you stay properly hydrated and replace electrolyte losses: green coconuts are ideal, or else rehydration packets from the pharmacy or sports drinks.

If a somewhere with security guard, it might be good enough to tell the security guard that you are sick and need that and give him 1000 Baht. He'll have things fast, you ask him how much everything together and than you give him 100, better 200 Baht tip.

Charcoal: This is not a recommendation but what I do and it works well for me: Cut all food, only drink water (if electrolytes have some time between the drinking and the charcoal). Eat like 10 of the charcoal with plenty of water, than every 30 min or so another 5 for 2 or so hours.

Than every couple of hours 2 more.

Specially if if you need the toilet often it really cleans you out.

Maybe there are better advises than this, but this helped me several times

• Like 1

Thanks guys, late last night it got worse and I vomited my guts out and finally made it to sleep. Today I woke up, feeling decent, went to pharmacy was able to get Imodium and Charcoal and eletrolite packs. Since I haven't had to go to the toilet yet and my tummy feels decent I didn't take any of the pills just the electrolites and even ate a real lunch. I guess I'm cured it's almost like throwing up was what fixed me. Well see how it goes. Thanks for all the tips and I learned something new.

Thanks guys, late last night it got worse and I vomited my guts out and finally made it to sleep. Today I woke up, feeling decent, went to pharmacy was able to get Imodium and Charcoal and eletrolite packs. Since I haven't had to go to the toilet yet and my tummy feels decent I didn't take any of the pills just the electrolites and even ate a real lunch. I guess I'm cured it's almost like throwing up was what fixed me. Well see how it goes. Thanks for all the tips and I learned something new.

Just remember that if the problem lasts more than 3-5 days, better hit the doctor's office. It might be a bug or parasite more serious. I had C-diff once and it took 2 months on heavy meds to clear my system. That was something I never want to go through again.

Try the first days to not eat too fat or too spicy....just something mild......Else it seems you are recovered :-)

Well guys, I was cured of the the LBM suddenly the next day with no medication but I haven't taken a real poop in a few days. It's starting to get annoying. I pushed out a little. I've been eating my normal crap diet of take out but that's nothing new. Now what? Seems silly for me to go take a med to constipation now. I'm lazy thought I don't want to go to the store for the home remedeys. Wait another day or two?

How can you go from LBM to constipation the next day haha?

Well guys, I was cured of the the LBM suddenly the next day with no medication but I haven't taken a real poop in a few days. It's starting to get annoying. I pushed out a little. I've been eating my normal crap diet of take out but that's nothing new. Now what? Seems silly for me to go take a med to constipation now. I'm lazy thought I don't want to go to the store for the home remedeys. Wait another day or two?

How can you go from LBM to constipation the next day haha?

At 2-3 days I wouldn't worry to much but above I would.

As mild solution I something eat 2 packs of Fishermens friends cherry.

Maybe you should rethink your crap diet.....