Thai Democrats deny supporting pre-coup protests

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

555 this stretches the imagination. This is the party that resigned from parliament and then boycotted an election in support of Suthep's aim of an unelected people's council (not to mention all of the senior leaders that spoke at the protests).

Sent from my IS11T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And of course the PTP had nothing to do with the 2010 demonstrations!

Sure, the Democrats didn't support the protests, they STARTED them!

Of all the current big political lies, this one takes the cake! But, this is Thailand so the people will buy it hook, line and sinker.

The Democrats thought they would be put into power, like the 2006 coup. But it hasn't happened and they are pissed off big time. Too bad!

So Mr Abhisit leading the feral mob in the protest at the US embassy wasn't part of the protest? The one with the crowd screaming " Americans, out now!"? Seemed to me to be pretty political.

Did Abhisit get involved in the US embassy protest? I can't find any news on him being there.

Sure, the Democrats didn't support the protests, they STARTED them!

Of all the current big political lies, this one takes the cake! But, this is Thailand so the people will buy it hook, line and sinker.

The Democrats thought they would be put into power, like the 2006 coup. But it hasn't happened and they are pissed off big time. Too bad!

Like the 2006 coup ... when they didn't get put into power??

same level of truthfulness as "I no bar girl. I work cashier".

So it is like ;

I am just having a drink here and looking at the ladies,

I am not bar fining anyone, there for not shopping for whores, just drinking.

Action. Drinking, implication illegal whoring.

Oh wait you think I am out whoring, not drinking.

Right, guilty without the action, just the association.

So Mr Abhisit leading the feral mob in the protest at the US embassy wasn't part of the protest? The one with the crowd screaming " Americans, out now!"? Seemed to me to be pretty political.

Did Abhisit get involved in the US embassy protest? I can't find any news on him being there.

Yes, he LED the protest, whistle in mouth (although took the BTS part of the way rather than the long march). I believe he realized it wasn't a wise move because he backed away from public protests soon after.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/685312-thousands-march-to-us-embassy-in-bangkok/

Edited by Prbkk

LOL keep flapping those lips, no one buys it.

No doubt prominent executives and members of the Democrat party supported the anti-government protests. The question seems to be if they had resigned as MP, executive or member and when.

I would assume an MP can join a protest, but maybe not lead it, but a 'normal' party member would be under no such restrictions, especially when his party has no parliamentary representation. Even in the (very) first days of the protests PM Yingluck admitted to the democratic rights of protesting.

Semantics basically ... and thats all and well re a case but in the end everyone knows the truth of it.

Now wondering what the Constitutional Court will think about semantics, the 'letter of the law' and "everyone knows".

Oh, I think I can guess exactly what they'll think, and will probably be right on the nose too - the "band of brothers" have previous.

x14112946111411294983l.jpg.pagespeed.ic.

On questioning Mr. Abhisit why he was wearing the PCAD trademark whistle despite denials that the Democratic Party supported the protest movement, he responded with a remark from the Bill Clinton text book: "I wore the whistle, but I never blew it!"

Doh!

abhisit-whistle-suthep.jpg

I've just realised that suthep is giving abhisit some kind of "hat" judging by the others wearing said item in the picture. Surely abhisit wouldn't wear ridiculous headgear?

abhisit-wearing-condom-hat.jpg

Doh!

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

Abhisit's picture was in the newspapers at the time. He was marching down the street with the PDRC, blowing his whistle.

At the time, he looked proud to be part of it. But of course, that's not really supporting. He was just coincidentally walking down the street, blowing a whistle.

What a hypocritical liar the man is.

• Like 2

Doh!

I've just realised that suthep is giving abhisit some kind of "hat" judging by the others wearing said item in the picture. Surely abhisit wouldn't wear ridiculous headgear?

abhisit-wearing-condom-hat.jpg

Doh!

That does look remarkably like a whistle sticking out of his mouth, as he smooches with Suthep.

Not supporting though.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by Thanet

LOL keep flapping those lips, no one buys it.

No doubt prominent executives and members of the Democrat party supported the anti-government protests. The question seems to be if they had resigned as MP, executive or member and when.

I would assume an MP can join a protest, but maybe not lead it, but a 'normal' party member would be under no such restrictions, especially when his party has no parliamentary representation. Even in the (very) first days of the protests PM Yingluck admitted to the democratic rights of protesting.

Oh no - you are pretending again.

I'll make it simple. Was Abhisit an MP when this picture was taken? (thanks to FAB4 for digging it out).

xabhisit-whistle-suthep.jpg.pagespeed.ic

So just because the Dems didn't ​publicly come out with a statement supporting the protests it means that they didn't...at all?

Sorry that just doesn't wash with me, it was clear as day that they were in cahoots. Mark and other Democrats going to these protests speaks volumes in itself.

• Like 2

I wonder how many PTP MPs attended red shirt rallies in the months before the coup.

No idea, maybe a few.But if some did I am not aware they lied about it.Frankly the photograph of Abhisit enjoying a snog with Suthep and holding a whistle says it all.

Re Abhisit's comment that he wore a whistle but did not blow it, it now looks like he'll have to change this to something akin to 'smoked but did not inhale'.

I think that anybody vaguely sane will know what happened, but that is highly unlikely to lead to a negative court decision. I'm continually amazed by the TVF posters who do not acknowledge the obvious connections between the PC, the leadership of the armed forces, much of the judiciary and the senior backers of the Democrat Party,

On questioning Mr. Abhisit why he was wearing the PCAD trademark whistle despite denials that the Democratic Party supported the protest movement, he responded with a remark from the Bill Clinton text book: "I wore the whistle, but I never blew it!"

Doh!

I

Doh!

• Like 1

I wonder how many PTP MPs attended red shirt rallies in the months before the coup.

No idea, maybe a few.But if some did I am not aware they lied about it.Frankly the photograph of Abhisit enjoying a snog with Suthep and holding a whistle says it all.

For PT its is difficult to lie about it indeed. Here is the interior minister at a red shirt rally.

From Thursday night and into Friday morning, the regime’s Interior Minister had taken the stage of the pro-regime rally, stirring up their mobs even as gunshots were fired and protesters were being killed, just beyond the walls of the stadium. Speakers took turns taking to the stage, with their colleagues smirking in the background, all while the foreign media began reporting on violence and deaths.

http://truthfrequencyradio.com/thailand-regime-deploys-black-clad-militants/

Edited by Nickymaster

Korn led the protest, Abhisit joined the protest. Get your facts right.

Edited by Nickymaster

Not according to The Nation ( link already provided)

Not according to The Nation ( link already provided)

LOL. This is what I get when I Google Abhisit leads protest. rolleyes.gif

Korn leads protest

The crowds are even more enamored with the man they spot next. A few hundred yards behind Mr Korn, Abhisit Vejjajiva, the opposition leader and a former prime minister, comes into view.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/banyan/2013/11/thailands-protests-0

Korn leads protest

http://www.google.co.th/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CFQQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.demotix.com%2Fnews%2F3368492%2Fkorn-chatukavani-leads-protesters-towards-us-embassy-bangkok&ei=gQUgVMmyMJDmuQTUsYLwDQ&usg=AFQjCNF-Docxp2bptEnLOn6AvkrUd5_M3A&sig2=P-JWHKS0vvUVf2Gfh5PEGg&bvm=bv.75775273,d.c2E

Korn leds protest

http://www.thephuketnews.com/korn-leads-bangkok-protesters-to-us-embassy-43143.php

Korn leads protest

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/korn-tells-us-embassy-government-lost-legitimacy-rule/

Korn leads protest

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiVisaNews/posts/10152412496868012

Korn leads protest

http://www.corbisimages.com/stock-photo/rights-managed/42-53533069/korn-chatukavani-leads-protesters-towards-us-embassy

BUT.... most of these articles stated that Abhisit later joined the protest

Edited by Nickymaster