12-year-old voyeur arrested in Nakhon Sri Thammarat

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The police arrested this small guy ...

This country has never been in medium. I like TH.

I made it also when I was young. And? This is a part of sexual growth.

But we can be sure:

This boy won't be the next gay or lady boy here, their quantity is pretty enough I guess.

What happened, did you like put your comment through a word-scrambler before posting it? smile.png

Doubt English is the posters first language - but you shouldn't have too much to say following " did you like put your ...."

• Like 1

15!!!!! HELLLOOOO!!!! 15 year old child being spied on!!!!!

Anyone suggesting that this is ok for an adult to do so [as your final sentence would seem to indicate] needs to readjust their moral compass.

I don't care how old someone is, to spy on naked children/underage teenagers/fully grown adults is wrong on every level.

This boy needs to know this as much as anyone else.

This has made me recall an amusing incident from a year or so back.

One afternoon I was in bed with a gf, she was being particularly enthusiastic, when suddenly she jumped off and ran outside screaming.

(Grabbed a small towel and wrapped it around her on the way out to preserve modesty, you understand)

She seemed to be having some sort of altercation with my 13 yo niece (who lives with me while she attends high school).

GF comes back in with a right grump on, your XXXX niece was watching us do it, through the gap in the curtain, she shouted.

Oh well, at least I won't be needing to have that embarrassing discussion about the birds and the bees with her now.

Did it make the newspapers and was it carefully analysed and commented on in T.V.

Peeping on. At first I read that as 'peeing on'. I think it should be 'peeping at'.

Peep has more than one meaning with relation to looking and I think these prepositions do change this.

If he 'peeped on her' then this would infer that he was spying on her for a while, whereas if he 'peeped at her' then it would infer it was just a furtive look at her.

Well - "peeped on her " doesn't mean anything as it is incorrect English usage.

It could explain why there are more young parents in this country than we see in the west .

It's not unusual that the father is 15 or 16 years old when his gf gets pregnant. No education and they don't know or don't care how to protect them using a condom. They just rely on their family to take care of them and the kids.

Edited by balo

Peeping on. At first I read that as 'peeing on'. I think it should be 'peeping at'.

Peep has more than one meaning with relation to looking and I think these prepositions do change this.

If he 'peeped on her' then this would infer that he was spying on her for a while, whereas if he 'peeped at her' then it would infer it was just a furtive look at her.

Could you explain how exactly? Also perhaps you could explain how using incorrect grammar could actually remove the meaning in something so easily understood?

Perhaps you feel that we mustn't use 'peeped on' in the transitive and only in the intransitive?

If we look at google search results, 'peeped at her' gets 665,000 hits, 'peeped on her' 227,000. That would infer it is in common usage which does actually mean it is correct as we can only hope to describe language by its usage. Which came first the word or the dictionary? Remember, the dictionary is compiled of words and usages which have appeared within literature. Plenty of 'peeped on her' within literature.

Perhaps you are holding on to the belief that through linguistic prescriptivism you can actually prevent the evolution of language? I hope not, that would be boring!

do we really need to know this ? a young kid caught peeking at agirl in the shower, national news , REALLY, get a grip thai visa.

For me at least, the news is not what the boy did but the extreme way in which it was dealt with, and judging by the comments, I am not alone.

Could you explain how exactly? Also perhaps you could explain how using incorrect grammar could actually remove the meaning in something so easily understood?

If we look at google search results, 'peeped at her' gets 665,000 hits, 'peeped on her' 227,000. That would infer it is in common usage which does actually mean it is correct as we can only hope to describe language by its usage.

So, because there are a lot of mistakes on the internet, they must be right? The point of my original post, which I am now regretting, was that the nonstandard appearance of the preposition "on" after the verb "peeped" resulted in a verb phrase that native English speakers rarely, if ever, use. This resulted in my brain comically fishing around in my dusty memory banks for a near match, and what it came up with was "peed on". Haha! Isn't that hilarious? Yeah, right. I'm sure everybody knows what "peeped on" is supposed to mean given the context. So let's not belabor the point, if it isn't already too late.

Edited by attrayant

do we really need to know this ? a young kid caught peeking at agirl in the shower, national news , REALLY, get a grip thai visa.

For me at least, the news is not what the boy did but the extreme way in which it was dealt with, and judging by the comments, I am not alone.

I suspect the 15 year old child who was being spied upon might think differently from you.

I suspect the 15 year old child who was being spied upon might think differently from you.

Yeah, I am sure the girl thinks that her being spied upon by a young boy in the village is worthy of the attention of the national news. LOL

If we look at google search results, 'peeped at her' gets 665,000 hits, 'peeped on her' 227,000. That would infer it is in common usage which does actually mean it is correct as we can only hope to describe language by its usage.

So, because there are a lot of mistakes on the internet, they must be right? The point of my original post, which I am now regretting, was that the nonstandard appearance of the preposition "on" after the verb "peeped" resulted in a verb phrase that native English speakers rarely, if ever, use. This resulted in my brain comically fishing around in my dusty memory banks for a near match, and what it came up with was "peed on". Haha! Isn't that hilarious? Yeah, right. I'm sure everybody knows what "peeped on" is supposed to mean given the context. So let's not belabor the point, if it isn't already too late.

It's a little too late for that and considering the many more points to belabor I think it best we continue.

You will currently hear 'joke' being used as an adjective in the UK, "That movie is jokes though" and also as an adverb, "You are talking joke blood". It may not be the commonly prescribed "correct" language we are most used to but due to its usage alone amongst their peers we can observe its correctness through its acceptance. Prescribing the word 'funny' as incorrect would through peer pressure would also be language prescription regardless of the fact that most would deem it to be incorrect language. Others, such as their parents, may show their disdain for these changes and attempt to prescribe a more traditional language. Thus, our language evolves but also divides, and we observe the creation of the many non-standard dialects that English is well known for.

In my opinion, description based on observation is a much more enjoyable field of linguistics than attempts to control, (I understand that the control of language may not be your prerogative but I will continue my rant regardless as there are others, commonly known as 'the grammar police', who do frequent this site and could probably benefit from a little perspective of the other side). The youth of today are having a great time playing with the language and making something that they can feel is 'theirs' out of it. This is great as English is not necessarily a fashionable subject, perhaps particularly within the circles making these quite dramatic changes, and the enjoyment of any subject has to be a good thing. I'm not sure if there is a term for this but I will call it postmodern deliberate language adaptation.

It is funny that you first read it as 'peed on', my brain also has some funny ideas of it's own at times, you might have read it as 'pooped on' but perhaps your brain was dusted enough to logically rule out 'pooped on' for it's logistical improbability, had she been taking a bath you might have read it differently. LOL

Yeah, I am sure the girl thinks that her being spied upon by a young boy in the village is worthy of the attention of the national news. LOL

Never said it was. Just making point a lot of people seem to be more concerned about the fate of the boy than her. Let's not forget she was the victim of this boys voyeurism. She's probably a lot less sanguine about what he did than many other people. Edited by Bluespunk