Police still fail to pinpoint suspects

Lite Beer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The following can give them clues than wild search, arrest foreigners, arrest migrants.

1. If weapon is used, then the murderer is not Foreigner, or a migrant worker, so it is confirmed that accused are Thai. Where is the migrant worker have time to chit chat with foreigner since they work like slaves for 24 hours. Also Foreigners and Migrant workers don't dare to keep a weapon with them for no reason until and unless if they are planning to commit crime in advance.

2. What happen to both victim's belongings, any phone, or money or other valuable missing, and if it is sold somewhere in secondhand shop some thing like this.

3. Big question is how many locals are registered there for voting last time, and how many voted there. How many are still traceable how many left or absconding.

4. How many boats are registered, how many are working there still, and every boat man knows other boat man, so by arresting the boat leaders at the near by pier for suspected case, they will reveal the truth of how many boatman absconding there.

5. Bar owner and staff should also be arrested until the case is resolved, because there was a brawl at that night bar owner did not informed this to the police, so that they will come with truth.

6. Thailand has a responsibility to answer the world who did this ? Otherwise it could become another mystery like Saudi Theft and Diplomatic murder case going on still the accuests on the run, and some are holding higher posts in Police. And after 20 years nothing is resolved.

Instead of face saving, creating the faith by arresting real culprits are important for Thailand to be back to No.1 tourist country.

Edited by NextStationBangkok
  • Like 1

Its my belief that the police and other investigators already have the evidence of the murderers.

Maybe they have the evidence. But it's even more sure they have strong suspicions who did it. It's sounding increasingly like they just can't or won't finger the real culprits. It has a rancid cover-up smell all over it.

If they could haul in the top suspects and do corrobarating tests on them (Dna, prints, whereabouts, searches, etc) they could nail the investigation. But they're dropping the ball, and the murderers are still free - to murder some more.

There is a due process of law here in Thailand where farangs are involved .... that is anything will be done to impede, slow, divert attention and cover up. Clearly there is a lot more to this story than is being told and will ever be told. Prayuth wants the police to speed up the investigation but that is just a front to appease the world's media. DNA seems to be the key to this investigation so testing all of the 2,000 or so inhabitants will take time although those responsible will be well clear by now so no resolution. No one in this investigation wants to lose face but the biggest loser will be Thailand and it's tourism industry.

This marks the end of Thailands tourist industry,as they (the Thais ) know it today.And I am afraid its self inflicted. ,

Really? I don't think the tourists from Russia, China, Taiwan, Korea etc, who make up the vast majority of tourists to Thailand, will be particularly affected. Thailand's tourist industry has survived a tsunami, SARS, political riots, airport blockades, military coups - I think it will survive this horrible murder.

Yes I agree with most of your points, but will it survive the clean-up?as most of the tourists you mention,come here for other things :)

Gotta wonder how much it costs to switch the labels on a DNA sample before it's sent in for analysis?

I suspect that this will be solved only under 2 scenarios:

1) The local police are taken out of the loop and the military handle the samples.

2) The families hire a private detective to covertly gather DNA samples from cigarette butts, trash cans, etc. and have them tested by an independent lab.

And that's assuming the samples from the victims haven't been compromised, and they're already looking to match the wrong DNA.

I hope the police prove me wrong, and I hope even more the military sorts it out. (And I hope there is more untainted forensic evidence in the UK).

Condolences to the families.

This marks the end of Thailands tourist industry,as they (the Thais ) know it today.And I am afraid its self inflicted. ,

Are you delusional? Do you honestly believe that a significant amount of tourists have vacated the island since the murders? NO... Have any new tourists visited or perhaps are staying on the island since the murders? Yes... Will the tourists continue to visit the island? The answer is YES...Very small speed bump in the short term and very, very minimal impact to the long term.

Many tourists come to Thailand as they expect it to be, as marketed, a great tropical wonderland. Good food, pleasant people and overall inexpensive. They will continue to come because they are of a self serving mindset. A bad experience had by others, even murder, will not impact many tourists decision to come to Thailand.

Travel restrictions by their respective government is the answer. Will it happen due to the latest murder of foreigners, death threats to foreigners? NO...

• Like 2

Time to bring in foreign crime investigation experts and take it completely out of the hands of the Royal Thai Mafia Police.

Also time time for a complete, top to bottom, reform of the police. It also might not be a bad idea to send the army in to Koh Tao to replace the police and deal with the rampant criminality there. Target Samui next.

The army have already moved onto Samui your a little late with your comment they have been here several weeks and have ordered the removal of extensions that are over the building line as well as signs and many other items !

• Like 1

So they admit they are still looking mostly for migrant worker to be the killer instead of a Thai.

Seems they dont really want the killer to be a Thai and stain Thailands image in the land of smiles. This must be the progress mentioned by the TCT yesterday as well as their views on how it affects tourism only for a short time. Mai Pan Rai

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Surely they don't think the rest of the World is a complete idiot?

I believe they can't think globally, it's more like the rest of the world doesn't exist. whistling.gif

Weapons?? Forgot to mention those earlier did they?

Have you changed your phone number? I am sure that they are still trying to reach you with every lead they get. It is good that they have you on the job though.....

Are you delusional? Do you honestly believe that a significant amount of tourists have vacated the island since the murders? NO... Have any new tourists visited or perhaps are staying on the island since the murders? Yes... Will the tourists continue to visit the island? The answer is YES...Very small speed bump in the short term and very, very minimal impact to the long term.

Many tourists come to Thailand as they expect it to be, as marketed, a great tropical wonderland. Good food, pleasant people and overall inexpensive. They will continue to come because they are of a self serving mindset. A bad experience had by others, even murder, will not impact many tourists decision to come to Thailand.

Travel restrictions by their respective government is the answer. Will it happen due to the latest murder of foreigners, death threats to foreigners? NO...

I had family staying on Samui until yesterday they had planned for a diving trip to the island for a few days but decided to cancel after these horrific crimes . I do not know where you get your information from about no tourists leaving as well as tourist arriving of course these I solved murders would have an influence on whether one should visit an island where there is a murderer / murderers at large people will not feel safe !

Unfortunately for the local police and for the local mafia, DNA samples obtained from the victims have spoiled their cover-up scenario. Scapegoats will prove to be innocent, and the perps will be found eventually as long as at least one of their relatives remain on the island. With more than one perp (say four) eventually a family member's DNA will show the connection to the killers. I'm assuming that the elite BKK forensic police have already made this connection (or are closing in) , but need to keep it quiet from anyone outside their group until they can trace and arrest at least one of the gang.

You do not have to switch labels on DNA when you know you do not have the killers DNA . Maybe they should test the DNA of the police officers on duty that night.

They should. I don't see how the police station could be 200m away, plus whatever else is around, and no one heard anything? Out of all the stories out there, I haven't seen any talking about witness(es) hearing anything (there may be, I just haven't seen any). There are two people getting whacked with hoes and they take it in silence?

• Like 2

An absolute disgrace to any police force in the world. Pathetic, corrupt, incompetent, disgraceful scoundrels.

Right on !

i really hope that this is printed on main page of all big newspapers and is broadcasting on EVERY news channel in EVERY country on this globe ! Who still wanna come on holiday to TH when police is not able (read "not willing") to guarantee their safety ?

Then will see which rabbit the TAT is gonna bewitching out of their black hat...

You do not have to switch labels on DNA when you know you do not have the killers DNA . Maybe they should test the DNA of the police officers on duty that night.

They should. I don't see how the police station could be 200m away, plus whatever else is around, and no one heard anything? Out of all the stories out there, I haven't seen any talking about witness(es) hearing anything (there may be, I just haven't seen any). There are two people getting whacked with hoes and they take it in silence?

Or checking phone records into out of and around the island between 1 and 5.

Some people on Koh Tao had given false information to police in a bid to divert attention.

In some countries, that might be considered a criminal offense. In certain other countries, however, lying is such a normal part of daily life that it is not punishable, even when it hampers a murder investigation.

Ahh Thainess....the ability to lie to you with a straight face.

• Like 1

so did they take dna samples from the 2 guys that were said to be the guilty parties as claimed by the guy that was a friend of the deceased and now claims his life is under threat. I mean if these two are innocent surely they will allow the police to take dna to eliminate them or are they too well connected/wealthy to be even considered by the police........

make sense but we are in Thailand the police probably never thought to demand one cheesy.gif

I believe DNA was requested but they refused to it.

• Like 1

the dna sample will match relatives. find the relatives. and find your culprit. plus social media will have a billion of pictures of them. ... remember. the internet is here to scrutinize every little detail and facts will emerge. the families of the mob must pay... pay for all the mysterious western deaths on the islands.

so did they take dna samples from the 2 guys that were said to be the guilty parties as claimed by the guy that was a friend of the deceased and now claims his life is under threat. I mean if these two are innocent surely they will allow the police to take dna to eliminate them or are they too well connected/wealthy to be even considered by the police........

make sense but we are in Thailand the police probably never thought to demand one cheesy.gif

I believe DNA was requested but they refused to it.

There are many such cases of refusal that the island police are overlooking and attempting to divert the Bangkok popos attention from. It is causing a lot of tension on the island.