Ex-DJ Travis guilty of sex assault

Lite Beer

Seems there is no let up.

Dave Lee Travis sentence to be reviewed

The three-month suspended sentence given to former BBC Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis is to be reviewed by the attorney general's office.

The 69-year-old was sentenced on Friday after being found guilty of indecently assaulting a TV researcher on the Mrs Merton Show in 1995.

The attorney general's office said four people had complained that the sentence was "unduly lenient".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29415240

Edited by Basil B

The three-month suspended sentence given to former BBC Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis is to be reviewed by the attorney general's office.

The 69-year-old was sentenced on Friday after being found guilty of indecently assaulting a TV researcher on the Mrs Merton Show in 1995.

The attorney general's office said four people had complained that the sentence was "unduly lenient".

"Four people had complained ........." As many as that? Wow, seems that the Attorney General's Office will have to go on overtime and employ more staff if this keeps up! How much public money has been spent on this farce? Mountains and molehills spring to mind. I touched a girl's breast many years ago and got a slap in the face for it. If I'd been a well known DJ or popstar, she would probably have bragged to all her friends about it. Seems like the American philosophy has moved over the pond!

"Four people had complained ........." As many as that? Wow, seems that the Attorney General's Office will have to go on overtime and employ more staff if this keeps up! How much public money has been spent on this farce? Mountains and molehills spring to mind. I touched a girl's breast many years ago and got a slap in the face for it. If I'd been a well known DJ or popstar, she would probably have bragged to all her friends about it. Seems like the American philosophy has moved over the pond!

Maybe them 4 should be charged with harassment...

I think Pattaya would be like a candy shop for DLT, I know a few bars where the ladies would complain if he did not touch them.giggle.gif

Edited by Basil B

an old perv who got off lightly ,why would so many women make it up .and go thru hell ? in court

Did she 'go through hell' ? Someone touched her left breast once, twenty years ago.

I'm sure the nightmares will never end for her, only death will set her free from her torment...

like the others in jail he took advantage of his position and groped a woman on air so she claimed ,thats the whole point his position made him feel he could do what he liked

an old perv who got off lightly ,why would so many women make it up .and go thru hell ? in court

Point 1

Not sure squeezing a 22yos breast is considered perverted, seems fairly normal to me.

Point 2

Lots of women do appear to make up allegations of all sorts, some sort of attention seeking maybe?

Point 1 - Agreed, normal behaviour as per my previous post, and the slap it got me!

Point 2 - Disagree on attention seeking - more likely MONEY seeking!

Did she 'go through hell' ? Someone touched her left breast once, twenty years ago.

I'm sure the nightmares will never end for her, only death will set her free from her torment...

like the others in jail he took advantage of his position and groped a woman on air so she claimed ,thats the whole point his position made him feel he could do what he liked

Yes there was a lot of talk, a lot of accusations, but out of all the charges he was only found guilty on one charge, and that was not the one you have raised...

Former Radio 1 DJ Dave Lee Travis has been found guilty of indecently assaulting a researcher on the Mrs Merton Show in 1995.

as i seem to recall this was backstage somewhere, not "on air".

He should have a sentence that is punishment for the crimes he has been proven to have committed, I feel the sentence handed down was just that, what some people can not grasp is of the all

allegations made against him only one was he found guilty on, but some people can not get that into their silly heads.

He fondled a woman's breasts once against her will, (all other accusations are hearsay), not exactly a viscous brutal serial rapist...

Wonder if the 4 complainants are old biddies who were burning their bra's in the 60's?

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 1

Crimes? All you "Mud sticks posters "Get your facts right. one case of indecent assault. And the sentence was more than adequate. The teen groupies who threw themselves at DLT decades ago have been proven liars.

Edited by kingalfred
  • Like 2