Koh Tao murders: Police free bar owners and look for ex-village headman's son

webfact

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The FBI!! No self respecting country would allow a foreign governments police force to meddle in their internal investigations. And the whole world is not breaking their balls. The world consists of more than the UK and US....The PM made an error due to his lack of experience with foreign media. The Thai police are doing their best. And yes. Koh Tao and Thailand has a booming future ahead of them......Heinous crimes happen everywhere not just in Thai.....

The Thai police have always in the past had foreign police and Consultants carrying out training and advising behind the scenes. Several of my friends from various police forces and Consultants have been assisting the Thai police. However, since the coup there was a major reshuffle of Police commanders in favour of friends of the new Government, as I understand it the General does not want foreign advisors anymore. Likewise, foreign news on this case is being censored by blocking the web sites.

"does not want foreign advisers anymore" hardly a surprise but are you able to quote a source for your "understanding"? Not being picky, just interested. To be fair, apart from the Daily Mail, are there any other foreign news sites being blocked?

Daily Mails blocking has absolutely nothing to do with this case.

Its been blocked in Thailand for a while .

Agreed but you miss the point. Estrada "foreign news on this case is being censored by blocking the web sites."

Me "To be fair, apart from the Daily Mail, are there any other foreign news sites being blocked?"

I was asking the question of Estrada.

Amazing how this story differs dramatically from the Bangkok Post. Is either paper right, or are they as confused as the Bib seem to be?

Seem to be is the right word.

What you have to ask yourself is if the media report things as they really are?

The media never reported anything as it is in their history and the can make anyone look like a complete moron if it gets people talking, listening and reading.

If you listen to the trolls and sweetie wives on this forum every policeman lawyer politician in the country is corrupt and all Thais are dumb as dogshit.

You believe that then you're the dumb one............

There's an old saying about newspapers..Half of what they print is made up and the other half is lies.

OMG! Could this mean it may have been a Thai man after all? But I thought the GOV said no Thai is capable of such an act so it had to be a foreigner?

With respect wouldn't it better if you came up with some evidence to support your claim rather than just make unsupported accusation.

"came up with some evidence to support your claim"

Where, pray tel from, his ars_?

cheesy.gif

99.9999999999999999% of this thread is full of "unsupported accusation(s)"

TIT

What claim has he made...What accusation has he made? The first statement is a question...The second statement is supported by many reports of which one is available below. I will be happy to translate the report if needed or convert to big letters if that helps.

http://time.com/3420299/thailand-koh-tao-murder-hannah-witheridge-david-miller/

Try following the instructions, I did without problem. I went to World News and selected Asian News it is so easy a 5 year old could do it.

Geez, i did and could also find the page.

Point is that this guy he didn't provide the correct link YET he try to make it sound like some kind of conspiracy.

If i couldn't find the page to begin with, how would i be able to claim that no such pages on that website would have such link as he provided us with?

I thought that i was so clear that even a 5 year old would understand it.

Jeez guys... at first I thought this was some kind of a joke. Doesn't everybody who has been on the internet for more than a few days know that a 404 just means "file not found"? (Google it...) Sometimes this text is displayed as well along with the error number.

So probably the poster used a direct, absolute link to the article. The people at Independent moved it, deleted it, or renamed the file or folder which name was in that URL. So you get a "file not found" error. No conspiracy or blockade here, move on, nothing to see....

http://www.patc.com/weeklyarticles/dna-timeline.shtml

As a Forensic DNA Analyst, I have often been asked why DNA analysis takes so long.

Conclusion

Obviously, this time-line is a rough estimate of how long it would take to analyze a relatively straightforward case based on my experience in the laboratory. The total time adds up to approximately 54 hours and 15 minutes. Along with the other tasks mentioned earlier—cleaning, documentation, and quality control—it is probably closer to 60 hours. As can be seen, the forensic DNA analyst has many responsibilities, from quality control to actual technical work in the laboratory to technical reviews. There are other responsibilities such as testifying in court, training other laboratory personnel, etc. The analyst usually has to juggle multiple cases as well. There is no short-cut to speed up DNA testing. With lives and liberty at stake, the forensic DNA analyst has an obligation to produce the highest quality of work and with this commitment comes the cost of time.

Hmm, still wondering...

Well Saun the guitar player is a lucky guy. People threatened him and informed him of their plan to pin the murders on him and help him committing 'suicide' instead of simply carrying out this plan.

Edited by Roel

The Thai police have always in the past had foreign police and Consultants carrying out training and advising behind the scenes. Several of my friends from various police forces and Consultants have been assisting the Thai police. However, since the coup there was a major reshuffle of Police commanders in favour of friends of the new Government, as I understand it the General does not want foreign advisors anymore. Likewise, foreign news on this case is being censored by blocking the web sites.

"does not want foreign advisers anymore" hardly a surprise but are you able to quote a source for your "understanding"? Not being picky, just interested. To be fair, apart from the Daily Mail, are there any other foreign news sites being blocked?

Daily Mails blocking has absolutely nothing to do with this case.

Its been blocked in Thailand for a while .

Agreed but you miss the point. Estrada "foreign news on this case is being censored by blocking the web sites."

Me "To be fair, apart from the Daily Mail, are there any other foreign news sites being blocked?"

I was asking the question of Estrada.

So its a redundant question.

You know the answer, why take up time and space communicating with someone who you know is talking out of their derriere.

I am amazed by how many 'experts' we have on here and how many people are 'in the know' about what is really gong on!!!

My belief is that the police and the real 'experts' are that busy chasing around in circles and concentrating on covering their backsides that NOBODY has a real clue whats going on.

Very Sad.

Try following the instructions, I did without problem. I went to World News and selected Asian News it is so easy a 5 year old could do it.

Geez, i did and could also find the page.

Point is that this guy he didn't provide the correct link YET he try to make it sound like some kind of conspiracy.

If i couldn't find the page to begin with, how would i be able to claim that no such pages on that website would have such link as he provided us with?

I thought that i was so clear that even a 5 year old would understand it.

Jeez guys... at first I thought this was some kind of a joke. Doesn't everybody who has been on the internet for more than a few days know that a 404 just means "file not found"? (Google it...) Sometimes this text is displayed as well along with the error number.

So probably the poster used a direct, absolute link to the article. The people at Independent moved it, deleted it, or renamed the file or folder which name was in that URL. So you get a "file not found" error. No conspiracy or blockade here, move on, nothing to see....

He didn't copy/paste the full url, it was missing a part, hence why the 404 (page not found).

OMG! Could this mean it may have been a Thai man after all? But I thought the GOV said no Thai is capable of such an act so it had to be a foreigner?

With respect wouldn't it better if you came up with some evidence to support your claim rather than just make unsupported accusation.

cheesy.gif

TIT

What claim has he made...What accusation has he made? The first statement is a question...The second statement is supported by many reports of which one is available below. I will be happy to translate the report if needed or convert to big letters if that helps.

Perhaps I should have simplified my post for you ... IT WAS IN REFERENCE TO Keesters POST facepalm.gif

Maybe that ridiculous quote was a smokescreen to keep idle brains chattering while the police got on with their work.

Well Saun the guitar player is a lucky guy. People threatened him and informed him of their plan to pin the murders on him and help him committing 'suicide' instead of simply carrying out this plan.

Who is Saun?

Did you mean SEAN MC ANNA facepalm.gif

I have just read,that they,the police have regrouped. They are now sending in a new force to take over. A move in the right direction??

If any Thai is reading this,lets get things straight, Most of us here Farangs etc Do not have in our culture Loss of face ( lose face ) We have been taught to

admit our mistakes,and to excuse the mistakes of others. So we are not interested in who has lost face,we just want the truth

So now get your fingers out.

Ok so ive now only realized David wasn't totally naked, he still had his left shoe on.

Here you go. It is already the third time I copy-paste this from an old post so sorry to the forum hunters who have to read it again. Maybe Thai Visa should make a sticky listing the known facts and theories about the case. That way people can read that before asking the same questions over and over again, and eliminating the need to scan ever growing threads to read all available information.

Copy-paste >> I already posted the theory below previously in a different thread. I also read since that a blue short was found near the crime-scene feeding the assumption that one of the perpetrators switched his for the better quality short of David (that could have been in a pile on the beach while he was in the water). One of the killers could have picked it up when leaving, if he was one of the rapists he might already have had his shorts off. Maybe he stumbled upon David's clothes while trying to find his own short back in the dark.

There is a lot of speculation about David being naked. In my opinion an explanation could be that David went back, met Hannah near the beach and decided to have a swim. So he went for a quick skinny-dip while she watched clothes and flip-flops etc. While in the water, the perpetrators arrived. Maybe things were even still friendly at the time as Hannah recognized one of the guys she just smoked a cigarette with. They might only have noticed Hannah as single easy target with David out in the dark, out in the water. When things went sour, David must have started screaming and running out of the water. Got clubbed over the head a couple times then got dragged back into the water to drown, or was already thought to be dead. Hannah must have been terrified being held by Perp 1 while Perp 2 was brutally killing David. They possibly did not even have to threat her much after seeing what they did to him.

whistling.gif I grew up in a small town where there was one industry..... and one company you had to work for if you wanted a job.

It was truly a "company town".

Rather like these "tourist" based islands where "entertainment" is the only business there is.

That leads to a situation where the "big man" who owns and/or runs that business is like a god.

He and his family are the most important people in town. That's effectively what is happening here.

Tourism is all there is in this little island......and it takes a lot to get outside that mindset of the "head man" and whatever he wants he gets.

Because that is your only livelihood.

Now, finally, after a couple of weeks, the scourge of the "big man" is breaking down and the truth is slowly coming out.

When it does, there may be some real answers about what happened.

It will be interesting to see.

Remember the movie, "Jaws"?

The town mayor didn't want any "problems: in his town on "the biggest weekend of the season", did he?

This islands rely on tourists, and nothing must cause problems for the tourists and the money they bring.

But this time, they can't get rid of those inconvenient murders of these two tourists, can they.

I have just read,that they,the police have regrouped. They are now sending in a new force to take over. A move in the right direction??

If any Thai is reading this,lets get things straight, Most of us here Farangs etc Do not have in our culture Loss of face ( lose face ) We have been taught to

admit our mistakes,and to excuse the mistakes of others. So we are not interested in who has lost face,we just want the truth

Just read this where? Please provide a website link or other evidence if possible.

Todays comments from the U.K Independent newspaper concerning this horrific crime.

You need to go to the main page and then Asian News section as like yesterday the article link url comes back with a ''404'' notice.

One wonders why that should be?whistling.gif

http://www.independent.co.uk

Think it's because you didn't copy the correct URL.

Is this the article you're trying to link to?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/thailand-beach-murders-police-identify-two-suspects-over-deaths-of-hannah-witheridge-and-david-miller-9751056.html

Just read this where? Please provide a website link or other evidence if possible.

Sure its manager.co.th A thai news company its in Thai was read to me by my Wife Regards

With respect, (thesetat) has made only a statement with no associated accusation. Perhaps you should research the multiple reports that (thesetat) has pulled from in order to support such a statement. Should only take you a few minutes...

Why should I try and justify something somebody else has said. If thesetat is so sure let him justify it. OK. Time spent, can't find, don't agree. GOV never said that. How's that for an unsupported accusation. Like it.

Ok so ive now only realized David wasn't totally naked, he still had his left shoe on.

Here you go. It is already the third time I copy-paste this from an old post so sorry to the forum hunters who have to read it again. Maybe Thai Visa should make a sticky listing the known facts and theories about the case. That way people can read that before asking the same questions over and over again, and eliminating the need to scan ever growing threads to read all available information.

Copy-paste >> I already posted the theory below previously in a different thread. I also read since that a blue short was found near the crime-scene feeding the assumption that one of the perpetrators switched his for the better quality short of David (that could have been in a pile on the beach while he was in the water). One of the killers could have picked it up when leaving, if he was one of the rapists he might already have had his shorts off. Maybe he stumbled upon David's clothes while trying to find his own short back in the dark.

There is a lot of speculation about David being naked. In my opinion an explanation could be that David went back, met Hannah near the beach and decided to have a swim. So he went for a quick skinny-dip while she watched clothes and flip-flops etc. While in the water, the perpetrators arrived. Maybe things were even still friendly at the time as Hannah recognized one of the guys she just smoked a cigarette with. They might only have noticed Hannah as single easy target with David out in the dark, out in the water. When things went sour, David must have started screaming and running out of the water. Got clubbed over the head a couple times then got dragged back into the water to drown, or was already thought to be dead. Hannah must have been terrified being held by Perp 1 while Perp 2 was brutally killing David. They possibly did not even have to threat her much after seeing what they did to him.

David still had his left shoe on, are you saying he decided to go for a swim with one shoe on?

And also, they found a used condom at the scene.

Edited by lucaswallachia

Keesters, on 23 Sept 2014 - 23:25, said:snapback.png

thesetat2013, on 23 Sept 2014 - 16:26, said:snapback.png

cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

TIT

http://time.com/3420...e-david-miller/

Perhaps I should have simplified my post for you ... IT WAS IN REFERENCE TO Keesters POST facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

(almafudd) I ask that you kindly accept my apology...

cheesy.gif

TIT

The claim or accusation is that "the GOV said no Thai is capable of such an act so it had to be a foreigner"

But now that a link has been given it seems it actually is "“Thais wouldn’t do this” pronounced a leading policeman."

Certainly not the same and no translation or big letters needed. Would it have hurt thesetat to have done the work you traviss have now done. Thank you.

It is all this making up quotes, they must have done this or it must have been like that from know all TVers that make reading a serious thread about the murder of two people a nightmare. I'm honestly surprised it hasn't been shut down.

All clues and knowledge of Thais point to this: uncle has conflict with Brits and after hours him and two others (brother sons) meet up with Brits and a fight begins. Brit man gets killed so they kill the only witness but in the process the two young boys rape the lady and the uncle runs home to clean up.

What we know;

1. There was a conflict at bar with the uncle.

2. The uncle gets police friend and goes after Sean. Maybe to place blame.

3. Uncle at crime location at night and in morning. Trying to cover up

4. Uncle in video after murder running away from crime location.

5. Two sons leave island quickly and are in hiding and seeking legal advice. These are two who have not given DNA. After something like this why did they leave the island ? For school ... I think not real reason.

6. We all know that if the uncle had a conflict that he being a Thai would get help to confront with numbers, not fair fight ....

What is not correct here ?

He's not the uncle. He is his brother for starters.

With respect, (thesetat) has made only a statement with no associated accusation. Perhaps you should research the multiple reports that (thesetat) has pulled from in order to support such a statement. Should only take you a few minutes...

Why should I try and justify something somebody else has said. If thesetat is so sure let him justify it. OK. Time spent, can't find, don't agree. GOV never said that. How's that for an unsupported accusation. Like it.

Love it... http://time.com/3420299/thailand-koh-tao-murder-hannah-witheridge-david-miller/