Last picture of British backpackers murdered on Koh Tao island

webfact

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they had been Black, Latino but still attractive would anyone care this much about how "good" they look? If you get discriminated by people who look almost exactly like people in the photo over and over, then they don't look so "good" and the sentiment doesn't echo those listed above.

• Like 1

The one at the back looks like Chris Ware, the man police arrested saying he was Miller's homosexual lover who murdered the couple in a fit of jealousy.

No mention of them checking the others. I did see a clip of the police trying a match a bunch of Burmese room maids' feet to a pair of footprints in the sand. They were standing in front of the camera looking like concentration camp inmates with signs in Thai round their necks saying "May May - Burmesese". No sign of any potential Thai murderesses being subjected to the same degrading treatment. I wouldn't be surprised if police tried to match the Burmese maids' DNA with the semen found inside Heather Witheridge's body.

Sorry, he wasn't with them that nite. He said he deeply regretted not meeting up because he was hungover!!

How could anyone even think about hurting these two? They look kind and considerate...and look so good.

Lost forever because of a few minutes of evil. Hope their justice comes quick....and without restraint.

How could the think ...? I've got a hypothesis about this based on over five years of living in Bangkok. I call it WEDS - Wealth Envy Derangement Syndrome. The "Wealth" can be manifested many different ways such as the obvious assets but, perhaps, in attractiveness, intelligence, knowledge. I believe WEDS could be present in many countries and could provide a partial explanation of radical religious terrorism.

RIP you poor victims of those psychopaths.

Does it matter if they were good looking or not ?Would it be less tragic if they were not ? ...why does nearly everyone comment on their supposed looks ?

it is simply a way to exress empathy.

why you have a problem with this seems self evident to me....

Not self-evident to me... please explain. The loss of any innocent life is tragic. Whether the victims were good-looking or not is utterly irrelevant.

You do not know if these people are "innocent" or not. You only assume they are good people from exterior appearance.

Nice looking guy and lovely girl to have their lives end in this way is so sad. May they rest in peace. It has bothered me all week thinking about this and how something like this can so easily happen in Thailand. I have seen things get out of control so quickly here and normally end badly. RIP sad.png

It can happen anywhere on this planet. Don't, please, just hone in on Thailand.

And the murder rate.

Does it matter if they were good looking or not ?Would it be less tragic if they were not ? ...why does nearly everyone comment on their supposed looks ?

Unfortunately, it does seem to matter to people. Research shows that defendants (especially unattractive defendants) receive longer sentences in simulated cases when the victims are attractive (all else being equal). Other research shows that people in general equate physical attractiveness with both intelligence and moral goodness, though they might not do this consciously (and this has implications in the classroom, for instance). There's even something called 'Missing White Woman Syndrome' (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missing_white_woman_syndrome) which refers to the disproportionate media attention given to cases in which a female victim is white and middle/upper class. That should give you some idea of what's going on here...

it is simply a way to exress empathy.

why you have a problem with this seems self evident to me....

Not self-evident to me... please explain. The loss of any innocent life is tragic. Whether the victims were good-looking or not is utterly irrelevant.

You do not know if these people are "innocent" or not. You only assume they are good people from exterior appearance.

You misunderstand me. I am not saying they are 'innocent' in a broad moral sense, I'm only presuming that they were not deserving of their fate. Please see my post immediately above to better understand my position.

Edited by Docno

Nice looking guy and lovely girl to have their lives end in this way is so sad. May they rest in peace. It has bothered me all week thinking about this and how something like this can so easily happen in Thailand. I have seen things get out of control so quickly here and normally end badly. RIP sad.png

To be such a Small Country it happens way to much...

Goes right along with all the so-called jumpers from Hotels also

• Like 2

There are five other people at the table. I don't remember reading any statements they gave regarding what happened in the hours before the murders. Did the police interview them or do they just go around collecting DNA?

Early reports mentioned the police interviewed all their friends.

Sorry just felt the need to say Nice looking is not the same as good looking - it obviously could just mean they look like nice people, nothing wrong with that - they do indeed look like lovely nice people, and I for one am disgusted that anyone belonging to the human race could have done this - for what???? it makes my blood boil.

Certainly. The way they dress and how their faces are open and genuine. The company that they keep....how they sit, their posture.... it all adds up to being good natured kids, out for a fun vacation. What I mean, is that they do not give the appearance of wanting trouble. Certainly, all people do not look this good... A crime is a crime. However, our nature is to have compassion for those who are surely not out to make trouble. Just a few drinks, some smiles and laughs with other couples. Not street trash, not drug dealing riff raff. Good kids...and good looking as well.

• Like 1

When and if they catch the Killers,your comment will hold more relevance!

If who they are seeking turns out to be the real killers, then they should be shoot or hung or better yet hacked to pieces like the cold blooded killing they committed, on the two younger Brits.

Lets all wait for the DNA to test POSITIVE ++++++ then do not waste any time to exterminate them all, as the scum pinchi gavrones (son of a bitches) they are.wai2.gif

• Like 1

Yes they are a good looking couple, whats the bad thing about mentioning this? Take your politically correct crap else where, yes this would of gotten less attention if the couple was ugly, deal with it, this is the real world.

But as the thai PM said, the girl wouldn't probably end up getting killed and raped if she was ugly. Yes good looking people are more at risk of rape, and murder.

Edited by Lukecan

Very heart wrenching.

Relatives and friends must be in shock.

They can run, but they can't hide!

It's just a matter of time before they are in a cage where they belong.

Bring back the machine gun death sentence or just a hoe, ax, hatchet, machete or olive fork!

RIP

• Like 1

To be such a Small Country it happens way to much...

Goes right along with all the so-called jumpers from Hotels also

I wouldn't call a country with a population of 67 million exactly small. They've got more than their fair share of morons is the the problem.

• Like 1

Very sad indeed. RIP

Now some names and photos of the suspect/s so we can all help with tying up this case.

Not until they get it really right. We have had way too many half a$$ed revelations on this case so far. It has been a world-wide world-class demonstration of how NOT to run a murder investigation. Do it once, do it right please.

• Like 1