Last picture of British backpackers murdered on Koh Tao island

webfact

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen the pictures of both of them and with the woman's legs open...the wounds on the woman's head..this was no death by simple and straight blows..they hated this woman for whatever reason...they wanted to humiliate her to the highest degree possible. Lucifer would be proud of the killers...this was pure evil intent. Believe this when I say they HAVE to catch these bastards (more than one for sure) and really do away with them....this is 100% intent to degrade and kill. My Thai wife has seen pics. of people murdered in Thailand,..but not like this woman, this disturbed her to the point of crying. The man, they dealt one critical blow and that was about it. If I was in Thailand, I would help with the search. I'm so sorry ..I wish to God I was there to stop the bastards from doing this..it is completely unacceptable not to find the killers.sad.png

Edited by freedom4life
  • Like 1

Or, is he being protected? Please fill us in.

Police in Bangkok are searching for this man, Warot, 22, for questioning in connection with the Koh Tao murder case. [/size]http://pic.twitter.com/RmHCnUkwFr

is this a police mugshot?....has he got a previous criminal record?

Ah another one who doesnt live in Thailand... as if you did you would know that photo comes off a Thai ID card, not a police mug shot..

Edited by Soutpeel

At this stage I cannot determine whether the murderers were Thai or not. All I will say is that I hope they are not British, because there is the possibility that they could one day be transferred to a UK prison to serve out the last 2/3rds of their life sentences. I would hate to think that any of the income tax I pay on my pensions would ever be used to provide any form of future 'life' for them. In this case the death penalty is warranted and I hope it is used as to deter any future crimes of this magnitude.

The death penalty doesn't work as a deterrent.

Yes it does. There is no crime in the USA. /s

• Like 1

Nice looking guy and lovely girl to have their lives end in this way is so sad. May they rest in peace. It has bothered me all week thinking about this and how something like this can so easily happen in Thailand. I have seen things get out of control so quickly here and normally end badly. RIP
This sort of thing doesn't just happen in Thailand...You need to be careful here just like anywhere else in the world. ...

Yes and no. This kind of brutal murder could take place anywhere, but Thailand's culture of impunity for political families (mafia) has helped to make Thailand a particularly brutal place. Stats for things like gun deaths put Thailand 3rd worst in the world, rape and brutality towards women is utterly shocking, although it is appalling all over Asia.

Sadly Thailand has an awful lot of thugs like these people, who simply think they are above the law. Local police are paid off or are relatives of these people. Hopefully this case will prove the exception to what is often the rule in Thailand and be solved satisfactorily, but more often than not these people know they can get away with murder.

Why do you think not one Thai person spoke up to say that local thugs had an altercation with the pair? In a word, fear. Even more damning is the fact the Scots guy's story was all over social media less than 48 hours after the murder yet the police did not investigate it until over a week later, having almost been forced to do so by international media.

Allan you are exactly right.

How do others feel living in a country where a proportion of the populous know they can get away with serious crime including murder?

To answer your question MJP , i am more scared of the " good, normal people " silence.

I cannot have a say on this case, because i've never been to KT, and we have only a fragmented account of what really happened on that tragic night....but in my perception the Thai society can be possibly compared to middle age society in Europe.

It's not right though that we feel morally superior, we have a lot of injustice in the Western world too, but we are too busy to do something about it.

The patronage system. I do feel morally superior to the patronage system and those who benefit from it. I never feel morally superior to the poor sods at the thin end of that wedge which is normal strugling Thai folks and other victims of it.

0.1% owns 50% of the wealth in Thailand says it all.

• Like 1

Just a group of young, good-natured tourists enjoying an evening with friends during a tropical vacation.

Could have been any of us in our youth.

Could be any of our children, grandchildren or great-grandchildren today.

The attackers need to be caged for the remainder of their lives.

I always discourage my family from vacationing in the 3rd World. There is no support structure in these places compared to industrialized Western nations.

• Like 1

A total waste of life, taken away by total scum. Having watched my parents suffer when my brother passed, my heart goes out to the parents of these young people. Their hurt will sadly be with them forever, at least catching the killer/s may help with closure.

Great words, sorry for your brothers passing, but as you say the family need closure.

• Like 1

My very astute British hotel owner friend said the next day that it will probably be the son of one of the three leading families on the island and further commented that when it gets to court he will say that the deceased lady was so beautiful that "he could not help doing what he did." Well, it will take a lot of back-hander baht to get out of this one, but maybe it will end up like the two Russian girls in Jomtien, where many of us believe that the real culprit was never caught (all in the name of political expediency).

• Like 1

Does it matter if they were good looking or not ?Would it be less tragic if they were not ? ...why does nearly everyone comment on their supposed looks ?

Sorry just felt the need to say Nice looking is not the same as good looking - it obviously could just mean they look like nice people, nothing wrong with that - they do indeed look like lovely nice people, and I for one am disgusted that anyone belonging to the human race could have done this - for what???? it makes my blood boil.

Sadly it seems likely that it was Hannah's good looks that contributed to their deaths.

My very astute British hotel owner friend said the next day that it will probably be the son of one of the three leading families on the island and further commented that when it gets to court he will say that the deceased lady was so beautiful that "he could not help doing what he did." Well, it will take a lot of back-hander baht to get out of this one, but maybe it will end up like the two Russian girls in Jomtien, where many of us believe that the real culprit was never caught (all in the name of political expediency).

I am not familiar with the power structure on Koh Tao but the first couple of days of police bungling, implausible arrests and gobsmackingly ridiculous statements made me sense that a cover-up was under way because the killers were either connected to the police or were policemen themselves. Now it seems very likely they were local gangsters that have the police in their pockets and terrorise everyone on the island. Even if they are forced to make a meaningful arrest, the police will done their best to corrupt evidence and reduce the possibility of convictions.

I am not familiar with the power structure on Koh Tao but the first couple of days of police bungling, implausible arrests and gobsmackingly ridiculous statements made me sense that a cover-up was under way because the killers were either connected to the police or were policemen themselves. Now it seems very likely they were local gangsters that have the police in their pockets and terrorise everyone on the island. Even if they are forced to make a meaningful arrest, the police will done their best to corrupt evidence and reduce the possibility of convictions.

Agreed

The girl is the same age like my old daughter who lives in Brazil, a country far more dangerous then Thailand. She was robbed twice and had a gun in front of her face... her life could have gone in a flash. But when she lived in Germany, she and her Brazilian fiancée where in a bar enjoying the evening with friends as a group of young delinquents from Turkish or Maroccan origin came in and started bashing around. My daughter got kicked and one of her friends so badly injured that he was in a coma as they brought him to a hospital.

When I see the young couple, I feel deeply sorry for them and now especially for their parents, family and friends.... they look like the same type my daughter is... bright, willing to work for their future and be someone the parents can be proud of... and then being murdered by scum that doesn't deserve a space on this planet... scum too lazy to do decent work, that lives of the misery of other people...

I really hope they will be caught. They have to get the highest punishement possible... put them on deathrow for many years and let them feel that any day could be their last one.

I can fully relate to what you are saying, having a 26 year old daughter and 2 sons myself.

We used to say; that when we have sons, we worry, and when we have daughters, we pray. So true are those words.

All of us live in fear for our families and all of us live in constant hope that the worst will never happen, some horror that could destroy our lives within an instant. But what can we do? It is not possible to keep our children, especially once they reach adulthood, in glass bubbles and protected from all the dangers and evils of the world. The same applies to the families of the tragic victims. I have always been a fatalist and believe that these things mostly happen by chance or bad luck for just being in the wrong places at the wrong times, none of us can predict what will happen from one day to the next and so all we can do is live on a hope and a prayer that none of our children are ever touched by the dark side of life or such horrors, and even if the monsters are caught, the case will never be concluded for the grieving families who will have the burden of this nightmare with them for the rest of their lives, as would affect any parents having suffered such a tragedy on this scale.

A terrible state of affairs for everyone involved. I am almost brought to tears typing this, because like you, this makes us think of our own children and how we would cope if god forbid we had to ever experience such a situation like this.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2

Inappropriately named bar in the circumstances "Choppers" !

Will justice prevail ?

Like roulette in LOS.

The name of the bar is not as inappropriate as your post.

I agree. Sean was supposed to meet David at choppers, and then meet another friend after. Talking of which.... if the time on the uk fb was 11.30 what time would it be in koh tao?. I'm assuming 4-5hrs difference?

Where did the PM's comments come from re: scant bathing suits?

Badly briefed on the event & typical Thai male attitude ...

He could redeem himself by sending in Military Police to go over the case in every detail & uncover the whole truth including lapse RTP handling of the case due to stupidity & other motives (too friendly with the killers/rapists) ...

Edited by BuckBee

The first couple days were spent trying to track down the victims European acquaintances before they could flee the country...hardly police bungling.

The girl is the same age like my old daughter who lives in Brazil, a country far more dangerous then Thailand. She was robbed twice and had a gun in front of her face... her life could have gone in a flash. But when she lived in Germany, she and her Brazilian fiancée where in a bar enjoying the evening with friends as a group of young delinquents from Turkish or Maroccan origin came in and started bashing around. My daughter got kicked and one of her friends so badly injured that he was in a coma as they brought him to a hospital.

When I see the young couple, I feel deeply sorry for them and now especially for their parents, family and friends.... they look like the same type my daughter is... bright, willing to work for their future and be someone the parents can be proud of... and then being murdered by scum that doesn't deserve a space on this planet... scum too lazy to do decent work, that lives of the misery of other people...

I really hope they will be caught. They have to get the highest punishement possible... put them on deathrow for many years and let them feel that any day could be their last one.

I can fully relate to what you are saying, having a 26 year old daughter and 2 sons myself.

We used to say; that when we have sons, we worry, and when we have daughters, we pray. So true are those words.

All of us live in fear for our families and all of us live in constant hope that the worst will never happen, some horror that could destroy our lives within an instant. But what can we do? It is not possible to keep our children, especially once they reach adulthood, in glass bubbles and protected from all the dangers and evils of the world. The same applies to the families of the tragic victims. I have always been a fatalist and believe that these things mostly happen by chance or bad luck for just being in the wrong places at the wrong times, none of us can predict what will happen from one day to the next and so all we can do is live on a hope and a prayer that none of our children are ever touched by the dark side of life or such horrors, and even if the monsters are caught, the case will never be concluded for the grieving families who will have the burden of this nightmare with them for the rest of their lives, as would affect any parents having suffered such a tragedy on this scale.

A terrible state of affairs for everyone involved. I am almost brought to tears typing this, because like you, this makes us think of our own children and how we would cope if god forbid we had to ever experience such a situation like this.

I am not a fatalist. I tell my children the outcome of events is largely dependent on the decisions they make.

I am not a fatalist. I tell my children the outcome of events is largely dependent on the decisions they make.

that doesnt explain getting hit by a drunk driver very well

Only young farang people in that last picture posted of the ac bar, must have been a popular hangut for sex, drugs and something else. And the bar owner must have made a fortune of all the young backpackers.

Only young farang people in that last picture posted of the ac bar, must have been a popular hangut for sex, drugs and something else. And the bar owner must have made a fortune of all the young backpackers.

shame on that bar owner for making money on patrons!! lol

On the contrary--its called situational awareness.

Don't text or gab on your cellphone or be chatty cathy with your passengers--pay attention to the road and tell your passengers not to distract the driver.

Recognize that the incidence of drunk drivers on the road is far higher after 10pm and avoid driving at those hours.

Watch your rearview mirror when you are approaching a stoplight or stopsign to see if the vehicle behind you is slowing down. Tap your brake pedal as you begin to slow.

Situational awareness.

On the contrary--its called situational awareness.

Don't text or gab on your cellphone or be chatty cathy with your passengers--pay attention to the road and tell your passengers not to distract the driver.

Recognize that the incidence of drunk drivers on the road is far higher after 10pm and avoid driving at those hours.

Watch your rearview mirror when you are approaching a stoplight or stopsign to see if the vehicle behind you is slowing down. Tap your brake pedal as you begin to slow.

Situational awareness.

avoid driving after 10 pm!!?? lol. your kids must think youre a real fun guy!! hahahaah.