PM Prayuth vows crackdown on Koh Tao vices

webfact

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I troled koh tao fb page all expats want cover it up. Just cuz they run businesses

Do u have a link to these fb pages?
Search koh tao community page

Amazing - like nothing has happened

They were told not to post.

And they scare of locals

And scare about tourism..

Ps.

Go to Andrew Drummomd

New article

Not really.

They censoring it

Deleting posts

To be fair to the community, then i can understand that they would try to keep their board free from troll posts.

I have seen several troll posts on both community board and AC Bars facebook page.

And honestly, this is not cool behavior either:

I troled koh tao fb page all expats want cover it up. Just cuz they run businesses
I said trolled but in fact just posted link exposing them

Even so, there is a lot of trolling going on, and i can understand they just want to keep the community clean.

However, you still claim that "all expats want to cover it up", which is a very bold claim too.

Let's try not to get ahead of ourselves, even though that way too many things in this case is fishy. But unless you do actually know something that will be able to fully expose the circus, then please let us try not to get ahead of ourselves here.

I had chat with them

They were acting like this

All of them

Want delete post

And then threat me like they save my info

I said they good comedians

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha yesterday vowed to tackle influential rackets and illegitimate businesses on the tourist island, and pledged to punish soldiers or police patronising these people or their activities.

Dear General P,

Unfortunately this ideal measure, is all too little and all to late, this is not just a problem in Kho Tao, but is infact a serious massive and major problem at every tourist destination in the Kingdom of Thailand.coffee1.gif

Give him a chance, so far, I think he has managed to clean up a lot already

What has he cleaned up already?

Well i for one have seen a complete stop to the constant harassment and endless police checkpoints in Pattaya, stopping motor cycles at every corner and taking bribes of unsuspecting motorists. They have for the most part completely disappeared. Now i can put my car away and venture out on my bike again in the knowledge it will NOT cost be a few hundred baht just to get past them. Yes i am legal, the last time it cost me 300 baht because i had no shirt on!!!

You're lucky you weren't wearing a bikini!!!!

When these families are so filthy rich and not involved why not put up a 10 million baht reward?

Village headman promised the police 1 million if his relatives was involved in the killing.

It's not public wether or not if there is any money if they are not involved.

He didn't put up a reward, as if he cares about finding the real killers or actually want to give any money to help..

He waved a million baht and said, there prove my family is guilty and I'll give this to the police......

Everybody should boycott Saree beach and these scum to be so insensitive and brazen...whether they did it or not, their response is a disgrace to mankind..

Message to Prayuth: Don't mess about with this. This is now FAR bigger than the little "big time" players on this island. The world looks on in anticipation of the arrest of the right people and the charging of the police officers who are surely in the pockets of these players. It has become obvious to anybody with half a brain and it isn't just a bunch of Thai people saying "mai pen lai" this time. Come down hard, it doesn't matter if there is nothing left at the end. A clean start appears to be the best option out there.

But what happens when Thailand returns to "normal" elected government? Thailand is what it is not because of some totalitarian overlay or foreign-imposed mindset. It's because of the way the people think and believe about how to live their lives day-to-day. I'm not sure a "clean-up", no matter how well-intentioned or how draconian, changes this in anything but the short term. Rather, I suspect it will just create power vacuums that opportunists will jump at the chance to fill. And once big brother is gone and not watching anymore...

It's like interventions in the Middle East. Some very bad actors are suppressed, and something even worse springs up to take their place the moment the foreign troops are gone.

Anti-crime initiatives are certainly part of the equation, but if you want things to "stick", then education and especially decent parenting are even more important. And there you get into "values" & traditions. They didn't evolve overnight, they didn't decay overnight, and won't be restored in a day.

• Like 2

What should be reported that the headman has 2 sons and from my understanding one of the sons got an alibi , he was studying in Bangkok on Sunday , the day before the killings ? But at the same time witnesses saw him leave the island early morning after the killings ? So is this the other son of the headman who is still on the run , why do we not hear about him .

When these families are so filthy rich and not involved why not put up a 10 million baht reward?

Village headman promised the police 1 million if his relatives was involved in the killing.

It's not public wether or not if there is any money if they are not involved.

He didn't put up a reward, as if he cares about finding the real killers or actually want to give any money to help..

He waved a million baht and said, there prove my family is guilty and I'll give this to the police......

Everybody should boycott Saree beach and these scum to be so insensitive and brazen...whether they did it or not, their response is a disgrace to mankind..

I took that to be pure arrogance and mean dont waste your time becuase i'm prepared to dump millions on the police to make sure it isnt proven. Oh and ill sue the papers and make even more money out of it with the defamation laws we have here too .....you cant do anything ( middle finger ) so there. .now go away

Edited by englishoak

Many of the US newspapers have published stories on this case,

without an arrest and proper prosecution, it is up to ALL OF US,

to continue to provide updates to the reporters and twitter accounts of all the people who have an interest in this case, to keep the pressure on

to continue to provide updates to the reporters and twitter accounts of all the people who have an interest in this case, to keep the pressure on

Which US papers Steve? Nothing in the NY Times yet or on NPR as far as I can tell. One piece on the Time website though

I agree Steve. It's our duty and clearly it's doing something with social media being mentioned as the bothersome intrusion. Hit a nerve there ! Secondly these families through their grief need to come here and make noise and be prepared to stay here . At least family representatives. The British ambassador needs to make a daily or at least three times a week statement to the British nationals in Thailand. It is his duty to do this type if public broadcast even if he is Only speaking in generalities. Take time out to address the people. We look to him fir this throughout this mess.

I agree Steve. It's our duty and clearly it's doing something with social media being mentioned as the bothersome intrusion. Hit a nerve there ! Secondly these families through their grief need to come here and make noise and be prepared to stay here . At least family representatives. The British ambassador needs to make a daily or at least three times a week statement to the British nationals in Thailand. It is his duty to do this type if public broadcast even if he is Only speaking in generalities. Take time out to address the people. We look to him fir this throughout this mess.

This morning Andrew Drummond advises there are only two media outlets left covering this debacle in KT.

We must implore these representatives to stay on. Without their presence it will be game over for any type of justice. Daily mail and Jonathon Head of BBC please please continue your coverage of this from the island.

We support your decision to stay this long and will continue to do so.

• Like 1

Which US papers Steve? Nothing in the NY Times yet or on NPR as far as I can tell. One piece on the Time website though

NY Post and NY Daily News both have run the story,

People I would never expect to hear Thailand news in Florida, are familiar with the case.

Any links posted here, would delete my comment, but, I found the links on Twitter from the journalist that helped save Sean's life

• Like 1

This news story has run its course in most press.

It has gone from Page 1, to Page 3 to Page 25...and soon it will just fish and chip wrapping.

The Thai police know that news fades, people forget and they get away with their incompetence....again.

You know that the case has lost all importance when the "...tourism hardly affected..." or "...tourism will recover quickly..." are more newsworthy that updates on the murders.

The pressure to solve this case has diminished.

This must be devastating for the families and friends.

• Like 2

This news story has run its course in most press.

It has gone from Page 1, to Page 3 to Page 25...and soon it will just fish and chip wrapping.

The Thai police know that news fades, people forget and they get away with their incompetence....again.

You know that the case has lost all importance when the "...tourism hardly affected..." or "...tourism will recover quickly..." are more newsworthy that updates on the murders.

The pressure to solve this case has diminished.

This must be devastating for the families and friends.

Imperative that we attempt to have daily mail and bbc stay on that island longer and the two families send representatives urgently. Once this is able to be scuttled under someone's desk at rtp that is exactly where it will stay and evidence and testimonies will be "lost". Mr ambassador please can you assist in purely shedding light and transparency on this case to all your nationals daily or bi weekly.

This morning Andrew Drummond advises there are only two media outlets left covering this debacle in KT.

We must implore these representatives to stay on. Without their presence it will be game over for any type of justice. Daily mail and Jonathon Head of BBC please please continue your coverage of this from the island.

We support your decision to stay this long and will continue to do so.

" and Jonathon Head of BBC please please continue your coverage of this from the island "

or as an alternative invite your colleagues at the BBC - the likes of Hilary Andersson, Richard Bilton, Jane Corbin, Tom Heap and some of the other excellent investigators from BBC Panorama and do a full expose on this scandal (and others).

This absolute farce of an investigation needs to be shown right around the world on BBC world.

• Like 2

lets all start getting to them via twitter

thumbsup.gif

use twitter or contact this way. The more people that do i think will encourage them.

Contact us

If there is a story you would like Panorama to investigate then you can e-mail or write to us.

Please be clear and concise as to the nature of the information you have and mark the title of the e-mail as "confidential".

Understandably some of you might prefer to remain anonymous. If that is the case then please write "In Confidence" in the subject heading of an e-mail or in any correspondence you may want to send us.

You can also contact us if you have fresh information that could assist a Panorama investigation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/panorama/hi/contact_us/default.stm

Edited by Asiantravel
  • Like 1

CCTV will be installed at more tourist destinations to help track down criminals. A move in the right direction :-http://asiancorrespondent.com/126993/thailand-to-install-more-surveillance-cameras-after-tourist-murders/

And who will be designated "CCTV camera footage monitor"?... (The person with the keys to the box?)... because I can guarantee you that in a case like this, no incriminating evidence will ever find its way to court, no matter how blatant.

.... and the soap continues - what a shame that mr. Military-man didnt step up earlier, I mean dont he know how incompetent the Thai Police-Circus is ???

Maybe he should let TAT solve these horrible crimes - Poor families that have to look at this retardo-show ...