German beggar spends donated cash drinkin' and partyin' in Pattaya

webfact

German beggar spends donated cash drinkin' and partyin' in Pattaya
By Coconuts Bangkok

germantourist_copy.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The public will be relieved to know the destitute farang beggar with the swollen foot last seen rescued from the streets of Bangkok for repatriation to his homeland is doing just fine – waaay fine.

Days after Benjamin Holse was found sleeping on Khaosan Road and given a hotel room while his embassy arranged for a new passport and ticket home, the 29-year-old German reportedly skipped out and is currently having an awesome time in Pattaya, sex tourism capital of the world.

It was only Friday when photos shared online led tourist police Friday to find Holse. Deutscher Hilfsverein Thailand, an organization that aids German citizens, paid for him to stay in a hotel until they could take him to the embassy, according to a report on Thailand Police Story.

For "duping the entire nation," the national police account said Holse was detained yesterday for questioning by Pattaya police. [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/09/25/german-beggar-spends-donated-cash-drinkin-and-partyin-pattaya

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-09-25

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since then Benjamin has been seen spending the donated THB50,000 cash in a bar, drinking and partying.

Some people can't be helped. Perhaps next time the general public will let him eat his fat foot before being so generous again.

This is why he general public will think twice when and who to help out.

Lots of these beggers are there where they are because of themself!

He's German. He's in Thailand. They won the world cup. It's all good. If it was my stingy American government they would allow me to sit on a street corner with a swollen foot.

Maybe, maybe not. But if this hit the news, the American people would overwhelm you with help.

In 2013, the American people were ranked the most generous in the world for charitable giving. In 2010, they were ranked the 5th most generous.

LINK

Edit. #1 in 2012. LINK

Edited by NeverSure

It's no point giving cash to spongers like that. The cash the raised should have meant an air ticket was bought, or medical attention if he needed it. Might be cynical, but don't give beggars and people like this cash, happy to buy them a meal - but most of the time they don't really want that.

"For "duping the entire nation," the national police account said Holse was detained yesterday for questioning by Pattaya police.

They ultimately released him because there was nothing to charge him with, as being a dick is not a crime – especially in Pattaya.

Since then Benjamin has been seen spending the donated THB50,000 cash in a bar, drinking and partying.

The report claims that Benjamin made comments blaming “Thai people’s stupidity” for giving him the money."

http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/09/25/german-beggar-spends-donated-cash-drinkin-and-partyin-pattaya

Edited by metisdead
Font color re-set to black, again.

"Since then Benjamin has been seen spending the donated THB50,000 cash in a bar, drinking and partying."

What did they expect him to spend his money on...The complete teachings of Aristotle?

The reason he had to beg was because he lost all his money drinking and partying in the first place. DUH!!!

Edited by jaltsc

Rich farang cheat poor thai. Typical. Nothing unusual about that.

Nope nothing unusual about that. That's why farangs come on holiday here. Its part of the package holiday - In between a jaunt around Bangkok and a weekend retreat in Chaing Mai is the compulsory "how to cheat a poor Thai person interactive tour".

It's a key part of TAT overseas marketing campaign to lure tourists back- Didn't you know that?

He's German. He's in Thailand. They won the world cup. It's all good. If it was my stingy American government they would allow me to sit on a street corner with a swollen foot.

Maybe, maybe not. But if this hit the news, the American people would overwhelm you with help.

In 2013, the American people were ranked the most generous in the world for charitable giving. In 2010, they were ranked the 5th most generous.

LINK

Edit. #1 in 2012. LINK

If you look at it per capita, the US barely makes the top 20. http://www.crossborderdirectory.org/which-countries-give-the-most-to-charity.html

One photo shows him sitting in a bar alone, the other's show him sitting in the street with a bottle of water. I wouldn't say that's living it up.

Yes must be tough partying it up and taking breaks in between to sit on the sidewalk with a drink and a smoke waiting for your donation cup to get filled again to go back and hit up the bars and lady's some more.

But hey, more power to him but hope he is no longer on the street as I fear the next report will be of him being beaten severely. I suspect this will likely be the outcome as he is going to need more money since he will probably not be able to change his ways as he waits for things to get processed before going home.

I am German resident, living here in Pattaya since long time and feel ashamed abut that guy.

Hope, he will disappear from here.

If You watch all these lonesome losers hanging at the bars around, already in the morning,with the beer,

what can you expect ??

Pattaya needs a change, urgent.

Less people like this and more qualified tourists.