German beggar spends donated cash drinkin' and partyin' in Pattaya

webfact

This guy is the epitome of double standards. Had this been an older person or an Asian who had this condition, and went for a beer with the tokens donated to him, would he still get flamed by everybody for taking money? Probably not.

What a stinking world we live in, where folks show no compassion for people less privileged than themselves. OK the guy could have been a bit more discreet if it was just beer and a shag he wanted, but my god what a right bunch of self-righteous nobs commenting. "Never donate to charity, Never give to beggars blah blah blah" honestly I'm embarrassed to be associated with the same species as you - never happy unless a beggar has absolutely nothing - "Oh he's smoking or oh he's drinking, how dare he have any happiness" Carry on living in your cozy little carefree world, when the other 95% struggle.

Hope this young lad can at least find a little bit of happiness in what must be a very difficult life.

Baxida, This has got to be one of the very best posts I've ever read on TV.

Thanks for being an astute observer and for your candid assessment.

"Oh he's smoking or oh he's drinking, how dare he have any happiness"

if he likes self destruction so much - nobody can forbid him, but FOR HIS OWN MONEY do you understand the difference?

this 50.000 baht can make a bunch of Thais a little bit happier - those who take care of there bodies and need just one thing - to survive from disease, even without cigarettes and liquor.

so trying to save this scumbag is like trying to feed a dead cat. Don't you think it would be more fair to spend money on people who really WANT TO LIVE and take care of there relatives, even if they are not Germans?

but you, as I see, have a bit twisted moral - for you it's normal that he spent charity money donated to him on booze, you just wish him to hide better. May be because you see yourself on his place? And you want to believe you can continue your antisocial way of life on somebody's else money?

I would take him to Germany, send him to rehab and throw away the key - for his own safety. This is the only humane way for a society to neutralize destructive elements. But I bet German leftists better give him more money to buy booze, and would be happy to give him methadone - if this guy will just declare himself a heroin user.

And in these conditions you are surprised why there are so many junkies, drunkards, and other parasites in Germany?

lol

Edited by Jeffreyake

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy is the epitome of double standards. Had this been an older person or an Asian who had this condition, and went for a beer with the tokens donated to him, would he still get flamed by everybody for taking money? Probably not.

What a stinking world we live in, where folks show no compassion for people less privileged than themselves. OK the guy could have been a bit more discreet if it was just beer and a shag he wanted, but my god what a right bunch of self-righteous nobs commenting. "Never donate to charity, Never give to beggars blah blah blah" honestly I'm embarrassed to be associated with the same species as you - never happy unless a beggar has absolutely nothing - "Oh he's smoking or oh he's drinking, how dare he have any happiness" Carry on living in your cozy little carefree world, when the other 95% struggle.

Hope this young lad can at least find a little bit of happiness in what must be a very difficult life.

Baxida, This has got to be one of the very best posts I've ever read on TV.

Thanks for being an astute observer and for your candid assessment.

"Oh he's smoking or oh he's drinking, how dare he have any happiness"

if he likes self destruction so much - nobody can forbid him, but FOR HIS OWN MONEY do you understand the difference?

this 50.000 baht can make a bunch of Thais a little bit happier - those who take care of there bodies and need just one thing - to survive from disease, even without cigarettes and liquor.

so trying to save this scumbag is like trying to feed a dead cat. Don't you think it would be more fair to spend money on people who really WANT TO LIVE and take care of there relatives, even if they are not Germans?

but you, as I see, have a bit twisted moral - for you it's normal that he spent charity money donated to him on booze, you just wish him to hide better. May be because you see yourself on his place? And you want to believe you can continue your antisocial way of life on somebody's else money?

I would take him to Germany, send him to rehab and throw away the key - for his own safety. This is the only humane way for a society to neutralize destructive elements. But I bet German leftists better give him more money to buy booze, and would be happy to give him methadone - if this guy will just declare himself a heroin user.

And in these conditions you are surprised why there are so many junkies, drunkards, and other parasites in Germany?

lol

Maybe you would suggest the unfortunate young man just spend his time every day in prayer and meditation.

Mine got, can't you just accept that he is human and imperfect. His "crime" in no threat to society in general.

I hope you run your own life by such strict standards of appropriate behavior.

Was there even a crime involved here? What reason is he being deported? Disfigured people with deformities not allowed in Thailand ? Or is it one of banned diseases, Elephantiasis?

I guess begging was the crime- or at least as a public nuisance- although obviously it's more because of loss of face for Thai people. I think he would have probably got away with it if he hadn't returned to begging on the streets and doing the pushy money shaking in a cup thing. It was already causing a storm on social media and he would have been smart to lay low or at least show up at a temple and seem contrite.

Quite admire him for the fact he clearly didn't give a shit- even as the police take him away he's quite relaxed and easy going, having a drink of water.

He's German. He's in Thailand. They won the world cup. It's all good. If it was my stingy American government they would allow me to sit on a street corner with a swollen foot.

Maybe, maybe not. But if this hit the news, the American people would overwhelm you with help.

In 2013, the American people were ranked the most generous in the world for charitable giving. In 2010, they were ranked the 5th most generous.

LINK

Edit. #1 in 2012. LINK

http://www.aneki.com/most_generous_countries.html

I'm not German.

Are not training programs provided for the disabled? Are employers not required to employ those with disabilities without prejudice? In fact are those employers not provided with government subsidies to provide accomodations for special needs? I would think so. I am sure he has a fine mind and is suitable for desk work. He needs to get a job, then he can come to Thailand on vacation as the Germans do. I'm happy to pay high taxes and support the social welfare state, but I unfortunately believe eveyone needs to work if able. For that I apologize.

The rest is all scam.

Edited by arunsakda

Jeez - we are talking about 50,000 baht - hardly worth such emotional outbursts of indignation...

Another example of the wonders of social media. This is not newsworthy, more like a distraction for bored posters.

This guy is but one example of the thousands of people worldwide who are outcasts of society. In the USA it is not uncommon to find war vets in such dire circumstances, yet society shuns them as though they are lower than human.

Fight your governments for better support for the poor - at the rate things are going most will be there in this lifetime. Worldwide.

...in Pattaya, sex tourism capital of the world.

I'm deeply offended by this. Perhaps the OP needs to change his circle of friends, or perhaps he is just jealous of those who live in Pattaya. coffee1.gif

On a serious note... In Pattaya it is OK for Cambodians, Khmer, and Lao beggars to sit everywhere with a cup or a dish, why can't 'ol club foot farang? Oh yea, because he's a farang and this is Pattaya where all begging is regulated by the police and local mafia. He should just offer them a cut of his earning.

So how about we say Pattaya is the biggest redlight district in Thailand....ok do you feel better now?

I'm not German.

Are not training programs provided for the disabled? Are employers no required to employ those with disabilities without prejudice? In fact are those employers not provided with government subsidies to provide accomodations for special needs? I would think so.

the truth is it's better for economy let employers employ those who they need (even if they are not gay, not women, not African -American, not blind etc) and pay a pension from there tax for those who REALLY CAN'T WORK and it's not their own fault.

when the state intervenes in business's affairs it always ends bad. Just let business people hire those with the best efficiency and use there tax for your social utopia. but no, regulations, restrictions and rules is what bureaucrats live and work for, they would never volunteerly let people to decide themselves. + many groups of interest lobbying special privileges for minorities. That's why business go to China, notwithstanding the communist party etc. - nobody, especially CEOs like to be told how to do their job.

it's like to force the Air company to keep stewardesses until the age of 70. Stewardesses will be happy but 10000 times more passengers will not, but stewardesses have their group of interests (labor unions and many others) but passangers don't. So the age of stewardesses growing up, and passangers are floating to Asian and Mediterranean Air companies. Voting with money will never lie.

Edited by Jeffreyake

He is a human being, same as you and me, to call him a parasite is a touch melodramatic don't you think? . I know the world isn't a fair place, and yes I agree that starving kids in the this resource rich world is simply WRONG.

What you have to remember is that everybody deserves the right to happiness, whether they are from Germany or Guatamala. If this poor guy finds some happiness in having a smoke or a drink, then let him do so, unfortunately smoking or drinking for most is seen as an affliction or an addiction. But for some people who have nothing else in their life it's the only escapism they have.

Why don't you try going up to a tramp in a western country and give him 20 quid at Christmas time, and tell him to have a nice meal or a bottle of liquor. Touch their hand. You might actually get a feeling of euphoria making somebody that happy, especially when their physical appearance tells a small story of their life. As maybe they don't get it very often, if ever. If you think that's is crazy or they don't deserve that, then I have absolutely no idea which planet you are from.

Peace.

parasite -

1. Biology An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.
a. One who habitually takes advantage of the generosity of others without making any useful return.
b. One who lives off and flatters the rich; a sycophant.
3. A professional dinner guest, especially in ancient Greece.
seems like option 2 a perfectly fits? lol
"What you have to remember is that everybody deserves the right to happiness" deserves from who? who accepted an obligation to make everybody happy? me, as a taxpayer? no
even American bill of rights says: "equality in the pursuit of happiness" do you understand the difference between "pursuit of happiness" and "be happy" nobody ever gave an obligation to make everybody happy, this is just a bullshit.
"If this poor guy finds some happiness in having a smoke or a drink, then let him do so" Again: sure, for his own money, and if no possibility to earn any - he should sober.

"Why don't you try going up to a tramp in a western country and give him 20 quid at Christmas time, and tell him to have a nice meal or a bottle of liquor." are you joking?! may be I should give guns to those who want to shoot themselves?

in western country to be a trump - is the person's choice, I've seen plenty of free meal centers, flophouses, labor exchange centers for homeless, free rehabs etc (all with better conditions than billions, working hard, have in developing world) - but they choose streets and booze. so it's completely their own fault and they deserve everything happened to them.

When I saw a few US trumps I remembered faces of African children, starving in Ghana or Liberia, and I realized - I would not lift a finger to help American vagabonds.. they simply don't deserve this.

and yes, people are not equal, somebody deserves another chance and somebody doesn't - because we haven't enough resources to let all the humanity not to work.And for my opinion that German scum definitely doesn't.

It's unfortunate, but there are those who take advantage of generous people. Some thing that having a soft heart is a weakness.

Even though I have been taken advantage of I do be believe in Karma. He will pay someday for this. I think that having a soft heart is

a asset not a weakness.

You've just described my girlfriend !!!!!!!! One who habitually lives off others..........

He is a human being, same as you and me, to call him a parasite is a touch melodramatic don't you think? . I know the world isn't a fair place, and yes I agree that starving kids in the this resource rich world is simply WRONG.

What you have to remember is that everybody deserves the right to happiness, whether they are from Germany or Guatamala. If this poor guy finds some happiness in having a smoke or a drink, then let him do so, unfortunately smoking or drinking for most is seen as an affliction or an addiction. But for some people who have nothing else in their life it's the only escapism they have.

Why don't you try going up to a tramp in a western country and give him 20 quid at Christmas time, and tell him to have a nice meal or a bottle of liquor. Touch their hand. You might actually get a feeling of euphoria making somebody that happy, especially when their physical appearance tells a small story of their life. As maybe they don't get it very often, if ever. If you think that's is crazy or they don't deserve that, then I have absolutely no idea which planet you are from.

Peace.

parasite -

1. Biology An organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.
a. One who habitually takes advantage of the generosity of others without making any useful return.
"What you have to remember is that everybody deserves the right to happiness" deserves from who? who accepted an obligation to make everybody happy? me, as a taxpayer? no
even American bill of rights says: "equality in the pursuit of happiness" do you understand the difference between "pursuit of happiness" and "be happy" nobody ever gave an obligation to make everybody happy, this is just a bullshit.
"If this poor guy finds some happiness in having a smoke or a drink, then let him do so" Again: sure, for his own money, and if no possibility to earn any - he should sober.

"Why don't you try going up to a tramp in a western country and give him 20 quid at Christmas time, and tell him to have a nice meal or a bottle of liquor." are you joking?! may be I should give guns to those who want to shoot themselves?

in western country to be a trump - is the person's choice, I've seen plenty of free meal centers, flophouses, labor exchange centers for homeless, free rehabs etc (all with better conditions than billions, working hard, have in developing world) - but they choose streets and booze. so it's completely their own fault and they deserve everything happened to them.

When I saw a few US trumps I remembered faces of African children, starving in Ghana or Liberia, and I realized - I would not lift a finger to help American vagabonds.. they simply don't deserve this.

and yes, people are not equal, somebody deserves another chance and somebody doesn't - because we haven't enough resources to let all the humanity not to work.And for my opinion that German scum definitely doesn't.

Peace.

parasite -

You are not obliged to do anything! I know this, your opinion is bullshit! My opinion is bullshit! But trying to show some empathy to your fellow humans is a good thing is it not?? Quite clearly you are bitter towards the people who spend taxpayers money. But doesn't it make you think more about where your tax dollars are going? Why is there such a gap in equality? Why is so much taxpayers money spent on weapons and warfare? Is it the poor who force you to pay your taxes? Do the poor like the authoritarian world we live in, where without choice we fund governments who help their rich buddies stay rich while trying to eradicate the poor and working (and middle, some would say) classes to build their empires?

Switch off Fox news just for a moment, and ask yourself "who am I?"

Google Peter Joseph, listen to his TED talk on a "Resource Based Economy", since you obviously have no knowledge of our planets resources.

I have heard few stories of athai trying to raise money to help another human being. They do itall the time in my country. I am so proud of khun sirilat and team making efforts to be kind toa stranger. I hope this terrible man doeS not stop her group from helping strangers.

Keep up the wonderful work.

Reminds me of a beggar I saw in Oxford, with a half starved dog.

Nice young lady felt sorry for him, rather than give him money she bought him a sandwich and a hot cup of tea, he just throw them across the street.

If people feel so concerned with these people maybe there should be a system where people can by "food vouchers" to hand to beggars.

The young lady got it wrong,she should have fed the dog!

cant blame his mum for sending him the money, who would want this piece of sh*t living with them and embarrassing the hell out of them. Scum is scum no matter where it is, this piece of excrement is an example of what thais dont need here, the sooner he is gone the better.

cant blame his mum for sending him the money, who would want this piece of sh*t living with them and embarrassing the hell out of them. Scum is scum no matter where it is, this piece of excrement is an example of what thais dont need here, the sooner he is gone the better.

Fully agreed. He is an embarrassment to I would think the vast majority of 'silent' farang living here... Sometimes, when I see some of my fellow residents at Immigration, I often wonder what the staff there think...

German's deportation under way

PATTAYA: -- The Immigration Bureau will begin the process of deporting a German who was found enjoying the nightlife in Pattaya after begging for money on Bangkok streets.

Benjamin Holse, 29, claimed his passport and cash were stolen during his trip to Thailand. He attracted much sympathy, partly because he has an excessively swollen leg due to a congenital condition.

However, Holse sneaked away from a Bangkok hotel that a German foundation had arranged for him to stay in while waiting for a new passport this week.

He was later found enjoying himself in Pattaya.

Tourist Police picked Holse up in Pattaya on Thursday and the case was forwarded to the Immigration Bureau for further action.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Germans-deportation-under-way-30244213.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-09-26

This guy knows how to make a buck. Having those swollen legs for the passerby's to see. They donate some money out of human kindness and compassion. Feeling sorry for this unfortunate wretched creature. Then when it time to have a drink.....BINGO.......it's Party Time! It's gotta be 5 PM someplace on the Planet! Danke Schoen! Ein Prosit der Gemutlichkeit! Oktoberfest in Pattaya everyday of the year! crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

German's deportation under way

PATTAYA: -- The Immigration Bureau will begin the process of deporting a German who was found enjoying the nightlife in Pattaya after begging for money on Bangkok streets.

Benjamin Holse, 29, claimed his passport and cash were stolen during his trip to Thailand. He attracted much sympathy, partly because he has an excessively swollen leg due to a congenital condition.

However, Holse sneaked away from a Bangkok hotel that a German foundation had arranged for him to stay in while waiting for a new passport this week.

He was later found enjoying himself in Pattaya.

Tourist Police picked Holse up in Pattaya on Thursday and the case was forwarded to the Immigration Bureau for further action.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Germans-deportation-under-way-30244213.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-09-26

That is going to be quite an awakening: From hookers in Pattaya to Immigration Detention Center!!w00t.gif

Hope he gets home okay, with some good memories!!giggle.gif