E-card forgery: Bangkok Court jails Malaysian's for 568 years

webfact

Well done to the court, a very good outcome. Hopefully more of this foreign scum will be caught and brought to justice. Unfortunately, it's not only Thailand who is host to these criminals.

I would like to agree with you,but all they done was steal money,not take a life.When Thailand can get a sense of priority I might start agreeing with some of the posts on here.The mushroom pickers and the Red Bull (person).come to mind.Money can be replaced,a life cannot.Only my opinion for what's it's worth.

Bangkok Court jails Malaysian's for 568 years

You'd think a journalist or editor would be proficient in English. The Court jailed Malaysian's what?

The Grammar Police are out in full force today! A very minor error that doesn't matter. Don't be so pedantic Billy Boy!

• Like 1

Nothing but petty cash, in the UK, USA and various other countries the banks have scammed billions out of the taxpayer and thus far not one person has been sentenced to one day in jail.

Far better if you want to engage in illegal money dealings to work for a bank, then when you finally get caught you get to leave on an enhanced pension plus compensation for termination of contract.

I never understood this . Give someone a life sentence and also a fine of lots of money. Sounds good right ? Well how the heck are they going to pay the fine if they are sitting in jail for the rest of their lives Can anyone explain it .

The theory is that if they don't pay the fine their sentences are extended but in this case there were no fines, only a compensation order.

Edited by Triplebank999

I never understood this . Give someone a life sentence and also a fine of lots of money. Sounds good right ? Well how the heck are they going to pay the fine if they are sitting in jail for the rest of their lives Can anyone explain it .

Give back the money they stole?

The sentencing is really bizzare in Thailand. Noticeably the thai apologists go quiet all of a sudden.

The way an outsider could possibly rationalize the sentencing is that Thailand believes offenses like Lese Majeste or small time theft as genuine threats to national security and so warrant maximum sentences in every single case. Even ridiculously long 50 year sentences. While the system views Murder, vehicular manslaughter or Rape simply as crimes against the person and not serious threats to national security, so 5 years or even no jail time is the norm.

Edited by Time Traveller

50 years for 5 people stealing 500,000 baht ?. Absolutely ridiculous.

What happened to that politician who got caught with bags of loot all around his house and claimed it was a wedding present ?. Did he ever go inside - and for how long ?.

This country has many serious issues - and common sense is right up there at the top of the list.

How does 100k each equate to this sentence, when I have heard of people getting out after 6-8 years after killing someone? Something is very wrong here.......

It is even more extreme in the west...

Dunno where you are from h90 but where I am from you would walk away with on a bad day 3-4 years, the sentence would then be halved and finally you would get released early on a tag. Hardly 129 years is it, sh!t the Krays only picked up 30 years for murder and that was considered very harsh.

500K fraud gives you 50 years in jail, but if you kill a cop with your Ferrari you are free to go.......mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qs.gif

A very substantial distortion of the truth.

Do you have information that shows the RTP are actively and aggressively following up on the case of the Red Bull boy including his extradition?

Or is he simply being allowed to remain outside Thailand until the statute of limitations runs out?

The young person who caused a crash in which a dozen people died whilst driving underage was given community service, probation and banned from driving. The boy who drove his Benz into a bus queue killing a few "common people" also got probation and community service, as he was in a bad mood at the time he did it poor thing. The actor who shot and killed his friend, and only admitted it when CCTV evidence came out, seems never to have reached caught.

Foreigners and poor people receive a different sought of justice and treatment than wealthy and connected Thais. Very very different.

How far do you think that's a distortion?

Justice in Thailand is "Thainess" - nothing to do with Western concepts of justice.

• Like 1

Bangkok Court jails Malaysian's for 568 years

You'd think a journalist or editor would be proficient in English. The Court jailed Malaysian's what?

That poor little "apostrophe" ' is misused constantly here on Thai Visa.

"There are many Thai's in Thailand." Don't worry about it mate.

Surely you mean Thai Vi'sa?

• Like 1

They just can't stop shooting themselves in the foot in Thailand.

What kind of sentence does someone get for murder ? I think we know this already based on past sentencing - it's about 10 years if you admit it.

When journalists compare the eventual sentencing of those who killed the two tourists on Koh Tao this could look very bad for the Thai Judiciary. For a country obsessed with 'face' it sure does make a lot of controversial decisions.

Is ATM fraud the 'new drugs' ?

The more I think about this (couple of minutes max) the more I suspect there could be a political motive behind this.

What happened recently in Malaysia which could warrant such wrath from Thai officialdom ?

Did Malaysia release any information which could make Thailand 'lose face' recently ?

Passport theft, Phuket and the disappearance of MH370 springs to mind

They just can't stop shooting themselves in the foot in Thailand.

What kind of sentence does someone get for murder ? I think we know this already based on past sentencing - it's about 10 years if you admit it.

When journalists compare the eventual sentencing of those who killed the two tourists on Koh Tao this could look very bad for the Thai Judiciary. For a country obsessed with 'face' it sure does make a lot of controversial decisions.

Is ATM fraud the 'new drugs' ?

Still cannot beat the Judiciary of Malaysia where theft of a pair of slippers outside a mosque earned a few years in jail. Value of slippers - a couple of 100s baht.

How does 100k each equate to this sentence, when I have heard of people getting out after 6-8 years after killing someone? Something is very wrong here.......

It is even more extreme in the west...

Very true, I've seen some cases in the British press where rapists and murderers receive a shorter sentence than someone defrauding a bank. My mind finds it difficult to comprehend how the executives of these banks are unpunished for fraud (LIBOR and various other financial crimes) but a small fraudster looks at a long sentence. Something is very wrong.