Koh Tao murder probe 85% complete: Panya

Lite Beer

hmmmm (1) every-body within 600m radius is a suspect = we don't have any-one yet. (ii) not complicate as luck was on their side = solid police investigation has now resorted to luck. Next it will be a fortune teller. (iii) no murders will take place in December ....... I was wrong, they have already consulted the fortune teller.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is an elite class of people that have higher rank than the general.

If they want the investigation stalled it will be stalled.

Not sure if this is what is happening but it should be considered.

No way to run a country that needs tourism. A double murder on a resort beach using bloody farm tools. No suspects, more than two weeks, small beach resort with "big men" controlled bars and night clubs. Police on the take for ages. It is a stain on Thailand's philosophy of life and relationships with the outside world.

There's an outside world?????????????

Cases like this (random sex related crime with no motive) are always difficult to solve no matter what country they occur in. Many of the comments on this case are unjustified. The Thai police are clearly putting massive resources into solving it, and the PM himself has ordered action to improve security on the island and others in the area. If the perpertrators came ashore by boat will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. At present the police and the government appear to be doing all they can.

How are you concluding this is ( random sex related crime with no motive ) ? Its more likely the couple had an altercation or were associating with lowlife local male(s) before attack.

In any event the lesson here is: Do not visit or stay in any bar or area that contains lowlife local males.

• Like 2

I don't understand why they only "believe" that the suspects live or work in the area. If they know who the suspects are, they know where they work and live.

On the other hand, if they don't actually have specific people in mind when they say "suspects", they're just blowing smoke again.

Posted Today, 06:00

Koh Tao murder probe 85% complete: Panya

Posted Today, 07:13

Police yet to examine 20pc of evidence in Koh Tao murders

Posted in 2 weeks time, 25:13

All suspects released so it's back to square one in Koh Tao murders

Edited by aussiebrian
  • Like 1

I'm going to be optimistic. Well now that's out of the way, I'm going to suggest that any arrests made won't hold water, and the perps wriggle out of it. Or I could be wrong. If the police can link the headman's family or any other family, from tip-offs, then they will need to arrest them before they have the right to take a DNA sample, which will prove it one way or the other.

As we enter the tantalising 4th act of this 3 act tragedy, we turn to the legendary Thai sleuth Sherock Ohm for comment.

"Once you eliminate the possible, all that remains is the impossible,

The answer is simple Wasson, Murder suicide pact innit"

"Wasson responds "Mai Rue Jak?"

• Like 1

I've got a bit lost in all the misreporting . . . Did the "influential family" ever actually give DNA samples? Or was the fact that they "said" the son was in Bangkok (allegedly) at the time reason enough NOT to bother with it?

Yeahhh, and how about these other islanders who were excluded from the overall DNA sampling, this is rotten to the core and is going to backfire.

Thailand you are with your pants down and the world is watching.

So 'complete' means - media interest has faded away, the police have returned to normal duties, tourist numbers are back up, and the killers are celebrating. Beware the moon!

my thoughts also. I interpreted the statement similarly as: 'We are now 85% of the way toward the general public forgetting about this, and 85% toward finding ways to absolve any guys connected to island heavies.'

• Like 1

you would have to have a heart of stone not to laugh at all these 'announcements'. Chinese man bashed over the head with iron bars by 4 assailants, all well known tour guides, many witnesses, photo's taken, arrests so far ? none. What hope is there that the Koh Tao murders will be solved, right, none.

The police needs to go through a total change, in every way and especially in terms of personnel. They should fire ALL of them and rehire a few, like other countries successfully have done. Local Thais I know have no respect for the police. They respect the army a lot but not the police at all who are seen as a group of criminals with no pride, but even they have been shocked how bad things are in the police after recent events.

• Like 2

I've got a bit lost in all the misreporting . . . Did the "influential family" ever actually give DNA samples? Or was the fact that they "said" the son was in Bangkok (allegedly) at the time reason enough NOT to bother with it?

Yeahhh, and how about these other islanders who were excluded from the overall DNA sampling, this is rotten to the core and is going to backfire.

Thailand you are with your pants down and the world is watching.

The world is watching?, tourists have short memories, in two weeks it will be,''Pack your swimsuits kids we're off to Koh Tao''

Cases like this (random sex related crime with no motive) are always difficult to solve no matter what country they occur in. Many of the comments on this case are unjustified. The Thai police are clearly putting massive resources into solving it, and the PM himself has ordered action to improve security on the island and others in the area. If the perpertrators came ashore by boat will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. At present the police and the government appear to be doing all they can.

What have you been smoking this time junk?

• Like 1

What has "vice" got to do with this double murder? Either the forces of law and order know more than they are saying - or, more likely, they are saying more than they know. The parents of the poor kids who were killed must be going frantic as the floundering and posturing goes on.