Thai PM Bemoans Divisive Soap Operas, Offers to Write Better Ones

Lite Beer

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They've restricted freedom of speech, freedom of association, freedom of press, and academic debate. None of this was enough so they're moving on soaps. Of course all this is for the best, one can't have "Thai style" democracy without "Thai style" freedom of speech.

You never watched Thai soaps I guess, or did you and think that all that was perfectly acceptable, even in your own country?

I'm confused, are you suggesting that it's a good idea for Prayuth to write the soaps?

You confuse easily, don't you ?

I'm only suggesting that Thai soaps are awful and that I have no doubts that in the free Western World we would have various (different) protest groups agitating against such stereotype like depiction.

There's awful television in my own country, and I assume in all countries. However only countries with totalitarian regimes insist on writing the scripts, and then the television is even worse. So, once again, do you think it's a good idea for Prayuth to write the soaps?

• Like 2

so now there are 4 suspects. the backpacker with blood on his clothes and the three Burmese with bloody i phones? 1 in custody and 3 not in custody awaiting DNA results. I just hope they charge the right person.

I think it would be better if this temp PM was skilled at acting and it was left to others to write his script.

Edited by msealey

You confuse easily, don't you ?

I'm only suggesting that Thai soaps are awful and that I have no doubts that in the free Western World we would have various (different) protest groups agitating against such stereotype like depiction.

There's awful television in my own country, and I assume in all countries. However only countries with totalitarian regimes insist on writing the scripts, and then the television is even worse. So, once again, do you think it's a good idea for Prayuth to write the soaps?

There's a difference between 'awful" and 'full of prejudice and stereotypes".

In the Western World we accept the "awful" but would protest against the 'prejudice and stereotypes'. It would seem that nowadays even the 1927 musical "Showboat"" cannot be broadcasted without the need for talkgroups explaining how to see it in the light of 'those times' and how much we have evolved since.

Great Idea PM, you got my full support for this idea. Please make the plots so bad that my girlfriend losses interests in the soaps so I can watch my programs during the weekends.

You don't have a signal splitter?

BTW I can imagine other advantages when your girlfriend loses interesting in watching television, maybe more time for you rolleyes.gif

If the can grease out a cartoon caricature holding a cartoonish cigar and other silly " modest"

policing that, god forbid, will offend the sensitive Thai public will not be exposed too, so they

can rewrite those brainless, mind numbing, utterly moronic Thai Soaps....

BTW I can imagine other advantages when your girlfriend loses interesting in watching television, maybe more time for you rolleyes.gif

Is that what the dear General would say? laugh.png

You`ve got it for him real bad wub.png

You ask a question, you assume you know the answer and continue building on the answer presumed.

Maybe you are the right chap to write some soaps ?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Great Idea PM, you got my full support for this idea. Please make the plots so bad that my girlfriend losses interests in the soaps so I can watch my programs during the weekends.

How could the plots possibly be worse than they already are??

Edited by loong
  • Like 1

Perhaps, like in our house, you should have 2 TVs, I watch football and motor racing while my wife watches likkae and lahkon. Result a podium for us both.

• Like 1

You have to admit that Thai TV is full of violence, guns, rapes, disrespect for social values, and is just not real Thai behavior. But stupid people seeing this crap think it is real and act out the parts. A free press is important but responsible TV broadcasting should be something that the government should push for. It is no wonder these Thai kids sitting in these video computer shops playing shoot up games are going out on the street and killing people. Monkey see monkey do ....

It is good to hear our new PM cares and is talking about this...

How will he have the time to write soap scripts when there are already so many other more important things that need change ? On a list of a thousand things he has to do, and that's being conservative, i would put writing soap scripts at 998. This is a problem that could be solved in a day; he has the absolute power to tell all TV channels to cancel all such programs until suitable scripts are written by the people who are already being paid to do it. Of course; they will scream like punctured pigs but if they don't comply it's their loss.

Dear General....Well done is better than well said, Your strong words of well meaning are useless without serious action.

Edited by trainman34014
  • Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How could the plots possibly be worse than they already are??

Most likely quite easy.....the generals gonna write the scripts...........:)...the circus only gets better....