looking for a good hamburger ?

arby

just ate a pretty good hamburger at a little restaurant on Soi Naya in Naiharn. 120 grams of 100% tenderloin steak served with one whole potato sliced up and fried. I had to force myself to finish it all. The restaurant is called Laemontra (sp?) just off of Sai Yuan down the road between Family Mart and Crepes heading to Naiharn beach. It is the orangish castle looking building on the left side of the street. I have eaten other food there (Thai) and it was pretty good and large portions. I find the hamburger comparable (better than superburger near Cheers bar) and any other burger around here.

post-37343-0-55488300-1411974808_thumb.j

post-37343-0-99986200-1411974836_thumb.j

• Like 1

The Irish bar next to White Heart in Rawai new kitchen managment Awsome Cheese burger....

Will give Laemontra a try did not even know that place was a resturaunt....thanks for the tip...

It better be (better than superburger near Cheers bar) cause that place is awful IMHO..

Green Tamarind has even better burgers than Catalina. Cooked on a BBQ. About 10 metres down Soi Cokmakam.

Both these places looked closed when i was there last month but still on the list to try....

Worst hamburger I ever had in Thailand was in a restaurant next to a ferry pier, everybody eats there just once before boarding the boat, so not much of a reason to excel. You can stretch minced meat by mixing in in with bread, they had done this so generously that the burger had pretty much the same flavour as the bun.

Green Tamarind seemed overrated and over priced when eating there. The guy uses what looks like an old beat up BBQ. The burger was OK, but for 260 baht plus, I'd rather have the Catalina catalina burger. At least Green Tamarind used real cheese as opposed to the plastic superburger cheese. To each their own........................

Green Tamarind seemed overrated and over priced when eating there. The guy uses what looks like an old beat up BBQ. The burger was OK, but for 260 baht plus, I'd rather have the Catalina catalina burger. At least Green Tamarind used real cheese as opposed to the plastic superburger cheese. To each their own........................

WOW 260 baht (thats 10 USD) for a burger in a small little roadside joint.

I have had the burgers at Lucky 13 very good but overpriced as well 290bht with a few fries as i recall.

Actually, I always have the breaded chicken burger at 170 Bt (maybe 190 Bt?). Prefer it over the beef burger.

My problem with the Catalina is no matter how many times you go and you ask for the burger to be well done, it's always pink in the middle.

I like rare steaks, but, not burgers.

Edited by KarenBravo

I have had the burgers at Lucky 13 very good but overpriced as well 290bht with a few fries as i recall.

They not really into burgers but sandwiches and they are delicious..

Anyone had the double d burger @ hooters ?

Seen a few (tourists) order them they are the biggest burgers ive ever seen in Phuket .

But at 699++ as much as id like to try one just cant justify paying that much , you do get curly fries with it too though :-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As I said, personally I think it's overpriced. The patties were those premade looking ones with a slice of waxed paper in between when I was there and I'm pretty sure superburger is the same. The Catalina burgers seem more like the home made kind that you would make yourself over your BBQ where the beef isn't so pressed together. Maybe that's why Catalina suffers from under cooking as they are too thick and the heat doesn't get to the inside very well. I have to agree with KB in that the inside is never as cooked as well as you ask for.

Never been disappointed with the burgers at 'Cookies' restaurant at Falang Paradise in Chalong. The deluxe burgers are circa 180 from recollection, which includes french fries or fried potato wedges (shown in photo).

post-62520-1412073538631_thumb.jpg

Edited by pagallim

I had a good burger at Diver's a.k.a. Aladdins Cave in Surin a few months back. Even though he was swept from the beach I understand he is still in business in one of the concrete structures. Also Rider Cafe in Phuket Town does a fairly decent one.

Well, back to the OP, I went to Lemoentra and tried the cheeseburger. As mentioned by the OP, they use very good quality ground beef and it is cooked very well, properly seasoned and accompanied with tasty sauce, cheese, tomato, lettuce and onion. I enjoyed this burger along with the chips. At 200 Baht, it is not cheap but for me worth the extra money than I would usually spend. The owners are friendly and anxious to please. They have a surprisingly ample menu of Thai and other western foods. The wine selection looked good and the coffee smelled great-though I had no room for either after the generous meal. Give it a try if in the area. I for one will go back and try some of their other offerings.wai2.gif

The best burger, albeit overpriced, I've had on Phuket was at Bangkok Burger on the road into Laguna, Cherngtalay.

It became Flip Side burger, where the burgers were almost as good, and then shut down about 4-6 months ago.

Word on the street is that the place is being resurrected for the high season and will be reopening again soon. Hopefully as BKK burger as it was slightly better than Flip Side.

Does anyone know when/where it will be reopening? Can't wait!

• 4 weeks later...

I tried most burger locations mentioned here but was not really impressed. Had yesterday the best burger for many years at Johnny Rockets Burgers in KLIA2.

Try the tasty 1/3 pound burgers if you fly through KLIA2. The burger was a good ending for a great KUL trip.

• 2 months later...

It was good to find a decent burger locally in Karon.

EAT Bar & Grill is opposite the various banks on Patak Road at the southern end of Karon. The owner used to own 2Gether Restaurant but has now opened directly opposite.

The burger was very tasty, made with Angus Beef, allegedly. Homemade fries as a side, cut thin enough that you don't get that hard centre. Dill pickle, chopped onions and garlic mayonnaise served on the side of the wooden board it comes on. Cooked just about medium, juices fall out of the meat as you bite into it, and that isn't too easy with the double!

The place caters mainly to Swedish tourists so prices are a little high in general and the burger wasn't cheap at 199 baht for a single, 279 baht for a double but worth it for a quality hamburger. Fries were 60 baht.

post-10317-0-61028800-1422008490_thumb.j

Great burgers at The Green Tamerin in Nai Harn/Rawai...

All cooked to order on a (same as in your back yard) grill..

I think the cook is the owner real nice French guy (i think),

great place great food....The staff there are fantastic..Realy lovely girls.....Enjoy

If comming from Kata to Nai Harn.....

Turn left onto the road at the Swiss resturaunt/before new foodmart....

Green Tamerin is First small Resturaunt on the left....Open 5:30pm till 10pm I think...

*Thanks to Karen Bravo for the thip on this place*

Edited by glassdude007