Should Thailand's tourist police be given a new uniform to reflect a more friendlier image ?

David48

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is TGAU?

It's a lifestyle enhancement product.

Very popular among the Hollywood elite and believe becoming popular in Bollywood as well according to the latest market research, in fact India could be where the next thurst will be to fill the gap there, the prospects are very exciting...

• Like 2

Costas ... appreciate the thought, but being Thailand ... maybe a little more relaxed approach?

Hot pink colour would be nice.

Never had any problems with BB here.

Edited by ABCer

I suggest all plain cloths thai officers now wear uniforms and badges or official ID.

Question 1- Any ideas how to spot a plain cloths thai police officer???

About ALL officers:

Question 2- Should they not have something extremely official somewhere on their person to identify them to visitors as well as thai that they ARE real police?

Question3- How do you spot or know fake police or posers?

For informational purposes only.

I suggest all plain cloths thai officers now wear uniforms and badges or official ID.

Question 1- Any ideas how to spot a plain cloths thai police officer???

he is the one with a revolving blue light strapped to his head ?

or in the Thai context, he is the one extorting money off people ?

No clown outfits! Clowns are scary!

BOO!!!!!

This is what I think of the jerks.

This is a smaller version of what the poster proposes.

clownee%20logo.jpg

Don't forget the utility belt complete with baton, tazer, pepper spray and a Leatherman multitool and other assorted toys.

• Like 1

Very popular among the Hollywood elite and believe becoming popular in Bollywood as well according to the latest market research, in fact India could be where the next thurst will be to fill the gap there, the prospects are very exciting...

Thanks, you have been very helpful. I wouldn't have asked if google had given me the answer.

Why would anyone , especially a foreigner want to be associated with an organisation such as The BIB, and wear a uniform?

Maybe these are people who never quite made the grade to join the police in their home country, so this gives them a chance to pretend to be important.

I'm not sure who is worse, the pretend policeman or the guy on the next bar stool to me who is only 37 years old but served in Nam (Didn't realise that there was a war in Paknam).

If it is a lifestyle enhancement product, why does it not appear in the latest IKEA catalogue?

You would need to contact the manufacturer's of TGAU to be 100% certain, but believe IKEA are more interested in selling furniture you must build your self, and as far as I understand it TGAU's are hand built by master craftsmen at CW Industries secret manufacturing facility in Thailand and supplied fully assembled and ready for use.

As you correctly state TGAU's are a life style enhancement product and one of the benefits I believe is stress relief from today's very hectic lifestyle, and one could suggest if a TGAU was supplied in flat pack form, the new owners of the TGAU may get very frustrated assembling it, thereby increasing stress as one does assembling IKEA flat pack crap...

But of course you could contact CWI and suggest a self assembly version at a lower cost which may benefit the Cheap Charlie/Balloon chaser customers..

But I believe you have stumbled on a good concept, currently TGAU's are only manufactured to order for the rich / famous and other elites , But the concept of a "TGAU for the masses" is good one similar to a what Hitler did with the Volkswagen Beetle, I guess ?

A "VolksTGAU" if you will, no frills, no bling, does what it says it does on the box...

• Like 2

This thread is full of humour, but rather short on intelligent or practical contributions smile.png

So here is my suggestion, but without the dark glasses (since anyone in the forces/police should be aware that wearing dark glasses can be intimidating):

post-174-0-31835900-1412758033_thumb.jpg

Now I will admit that this photo features someone who is probably a lot fitter than most volunteers, and has better-looking knees...

I would be quite happy to wear such attire

• Like 2

Why would anyone , especially a foreigner want to be associated with an organisation such as The BIB, and wear a uniform?

Because lots of tourists need help. They would feel more confident to talk to a farang police officer who speaks their language. Farangs who have been here for a long time can indeed help them.

The idea is laudable, and I support it.

Because lots of tourists need help. They would feel more confident to talk to a farang police officer who speaks their language. Farangs who have been here for a long time can indeed help them.

The idea is laudable, and I support it.

So do you think that these 'helpers' should be able to overstep their mark.

Do you think that they should be used in police undercover sting operations?

Do you think that these people should arm themselves with batons and CS gas, just to make the public feel safer?

Do you think that they should be given the power to act just like a policeman when they stop a vehicle being driven by another farang?

Do you think that they should be able to drive their Hummer around with an arsenal on board and shoot out the tyres of a moving vehicle? (and yes, they are still a volunteer force).

Maybe there should be a volunteer force that helps foreign tourists but the system that we have in place at the moment allows one or two bad apples to infest it.

This is why the current volunteer forces do not win over anyone except for the people that they have helped.

Edited by Chairman Of The Board
  • Like 1

I would like to write an honest answer to your question but that would get me banned for life.

I would like to write an honest answer to your question but that would get me banned for life.

I can start. I suspect most of them are Walts that were bullied at school and failed in life