What you are in Thailand and still single?

michaeltheR

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what you say in your OP but your opening lines I don't understand, unless you were joking, "My friends in Europe always like to make this comment. I do not know where there presumtion comes from that women are available like candy bars.".......Is that not an actual fact....there are indeed plenty of ladies here in Thailand available to be a partner to a man who is seeking a companion in life.

• Like 1

I think you have the right to be what you want to be and you don't have to answer to anyone. They chose to be what they are and you didn't tell them not to (I hope).

I am a senior, divorced with 2 adult children. I have met someone who is much younger than me; she is smart (university, masters) good occupation (v.p. of marketing) and dresses impeccable. She has waited for my retirement this year (3 years) and I am tired of eating alone, going to movies alone, watching t.v. alone, shopping alone, sleeping alone, showering alone, and mostly dying alone. When those things become an issue with you, then you might want to think about having someone to love and be with but until then enjoy your life.

Excellent Comment....

• Like 1

To Winstonc:

I can understand why you may have thought that mentioning my ladies desire to achieve a good education, her perserverence in achieving a high standard in the business world and her desire to dress well either professionally or informally as frivolous rhetoric but I applaud her and anyone like her who wants to rise above in a country where it is so difficult to do that...

But I am sure you had a good reason to bring all this to my attention and this is why it is so great to have a forum such as this to allow everyone to express their thoughts...

• Like 1

I think you have the right to be what you want to be and you don't have to answer to anyone. They chose to be what they are and you didn't tell them not to (I hope).

I am a senior, divorced with 2 adult children. I have met someone who is much younger than me; she is smart (university, masters) good occupation (v.p. of marketing) and dresses impeccable. She has waited for my retirement this year (3 years) and I am tired of eating alone, going to movies alone, watching t.v. alone, shopping alone, sleeping alone, showering alone, and mostly dying alone. When those things become an issue with you, then you might want to think about having someone to love and be with but until then enjoy your life.

Excellent Comment....

yes nice comment but why the need to say shes got a masters..dresses good and got a good job..who cares..just enjoy being together..

It's de rigueur on TV to state she isn't an Isaan bar girl. Usual to add Chinese Thai too.

• Like 2

Best retort would be "What, your back at home with a fat bird who orders you about and has your gonads in her handbag while you obey her like a little lap dog, and still only get sex 5 times a month."

A retort for the women is more simple "yeah just look at yourself, that's why"

I dunno, most of the women I know back home are pretty attractive. I think the kind of stuff you posted above maybe is more do with a failure in your own life and your level of attractiveness.

Sorry, that's kind of harsh but it's also totally true. Like someone once said "look at yourself, that's why". thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Best retort would be "What, your back at home with a fat bird who orders you about and has your gonads in her handbag while you obey her like a little lap dog, and still only get sex 5 times a month."

A retort for the women is more simple "yeah just look at yourself, that's why"

I dunno, most of the women I know back home are pretty attractive. I think the kind of stuff you posted above maybe is more do with a failure in your own life and your level of attractiveness.

Sorry, that's kind of harsh but it's also totally true. Like someone once said "look at yourself, that's why". thumbsup.gif

Dear RC,

I'm nearly 60, tell me again how attractive a woman I can get back in the USA?

(and one I can get without risking my home)

• Like 2

Apart from wanting to shag her, I can't see anything in your list you could do with a much younger Thai lady.

(and I can speak Thai, while you can't, which sort of limits your 'together' movie and TV watching)

Well sometimes I like a Kit-Kat bar, but then sometimes I prefer a Mars bar, while other times it's a Mounds bar (not Almond Joy...they have nuts laugh.png )......so maybe ask your friends how loyal are they to their candy bars?

Until you're ready to eat one candy bar for the rest of your life.........

I, too, don't see the point in giving us her resumé.

What do you mean by "she's waited for my retirement"?