Arrest warrant for Koh Tao murder suspect to be Issued in 3 days

webfact

Is it just me, or does this case show the so called "Thainess" at it's ugliest? Xenophobia, a blame it on the victims attitude, and complete incompetence of law enforcement agencies, all come together. To top this up, one must hear the now famous bikini speech of our leader, and the cynical and difficult to beat "let them wear tracking devices" idea of the tourist minister. The only way to bring Thailand to it's senses, would be a complete boycott by tourists planning to visit.

And what about the expats. I've said it before... if you want to effect change in Thailand then the expat community should walk. Just think of the impact of 10,000 or more hitting Phuket Airport or Had Yai - do you think the international press would ignore a mass exodus? When interviewed the expats can then say why and demand change. Seriously if the Thai Gov didn't change they would be losing billions each year and would be a massive blow to the economy... you talk about tourists boycotting but you and the other expats could achieve so much more. Time to get off the bar stool and put your words into actions.

I would say that many Thais would react in a Similar manner to The British when immigrants moan , If you don't like it <deleted> off

• Like 1

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I heard that FBI and Scotland Yard were doing their own investigations undercover and know exactly what the Thai Police are doing. Charge the wrong people for this and the entire Thai Police force will have to be sacked in front of the world....now that's a BIG loss of face.....karma. I was going to mention this earlier on in the investigation but decided to let them run with this entire disgusting excuse of an investigation.

Also, I'd imagine that human right groups will be called in to save the poor sucker fitted up for this.

FBI has NO jurasdiction in Thaialnd as neither victim was a US citizen, so it's all a load of bovine scatology.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does this case show the so called "Thainess" at it's ugliest? Xenophobia, a blame it on the victims attitude, and complete incompetence of law enforcement agencies, all come together. To top this up, one must hear the now famous bikini speech of our leader, and the cynical and difficult to beat "let them wear tracking devices" idea of the tourist minister. The only way to bring Thailand to it's senses, would be a complete boycott by tourists planning to visit.

And what about the expats. I've said it before... if you want to effect change in Thailand then the expat community should walk. Just think of the impact of 10,000 or more hitting Phuket Airport or Had Yai - do you think the international press would ignore a mass exodus? When interviewed the expats can then say why and demand change. Seriously if the Thai Gov didn't change they would be losing billions each year and would be a massive blow to the economy... you talk about tourists boycotting but you and the other expats could achieve so much more. Time to get off the bar stool and put your words into actions.

I would say that many Thais would react in a Similar manner to The British when immigrants moan , If you don't like it <deleted> off

If you live here and pay taxes here, legally, then why should you not have the right to comment on the society you are part of?

• Like 1

Thank you for your excellent idea. IMHO I don't think you understand the Thai authority's position when considering our expat status here. Basically, we are looked down on as 'sub-human' aliens, who just like any other non-Thai cannot tell Thailand anything it doesn't already know. We are only tolerated, and as other posters have frequently said, they just aren't prepared to accept help from any non-Thai institution eg FBI. If thousands of farangs 'walked' out on Thailand they would just stamp our passports and be happy to collect the appropriate fee paid on exiting LOS. You are mistaken if you think you or anyone can demand change.....it goes 100% against the grain as far as FACE is concerned. Regardless of how stupid and incompetent they appear to foreigners Thailand will carry on falling behind other more 'open-minded' countries.

• Like 1

&nbsp;

&amp;nbsp;

&amp;nbsp;

I would say that many Thais would react in a Similar manner to The British when immigrants moan , If you don't like it &lt;deleted&gt; off

If you live here and pay taxes here, legally, then why should you not have the right to comment on the society you are part of?
&nbsp;

I'm not saying you don't have the right to say what you like . What I'm saying is the Thai's are the same as The Brits and will have no time for immigrants moaning

Edited by Sena Dave

The BBC should get involved with this considering it was their citizens murdered.. Do a complete investigation and uncover the truth for the families. Even if they never get brought to justice at least the the world will know who was responsible.

I absolutely agree. This is so shameful that the whole world and EVERY Thai should know how their police force operates. When exposed in a panorama documentary, the pathetic defamation laws would not be of any help. This is going to be an acid test for the new regime's reform agenda. Is it real or not? How they deal with this case is now the perfect test. This is not only a murder case, it demands an investigation of the police and authorities on this island. Does the new PM have the strength and will to reform the police?

Edited by BestBitterPhuket

Behind the scenes, a deal is being agreed in return for a light prison sentence, and financial compensation for the perps family. That way everyone will agree justice has been done and everyone will save face. Koh Tao will be proclaimed a 'safe' tourist attraction, and all the locals can carry on as before.

Compensation is normally paid to the victim's family, not the perpetrator's family.

Ain't a chance in hell that David and Hannah's family would accept financial compensation in exchange for a light sentence!

A police source told the Bangkok Post that detectives were looking for three men who shopped at a convenience store near Sairee Beach where the pair were killed.

Captured on security cameras, the trio bought one item later found discarded. The source said DNA recovered from that package matched that found at the crime scene.

You would of thought that security cameras of convenience stores near the incident would of been the first port of call. Recovered item? Have they been picking up all discarded items on Ko Tao and screening them for DNA to try and get a match??blink.pngblink.png

Probably the most stupid announcement of the entire debacle.

WHY 3 DAYS??????

If they don't know nownow, why bother making an announcement? If they DO know then just make the &lt;deleted&gt; arrest!

It appears they, or the press officers, are still completely unaware of what complete idiots they have made themselves look and are simply intent on making the Keystone Cops look like a gang of geniuses compared to them.

3 days to issue an arrest warrant? If, as they say, they have enough evidence to issue an arrest warrant,why the 3 day thing? In fact if 3 days is a standard time for an arrest warrant to be issued, why don't they go ahead and arrest the suspect anyway. They arrested the victims best friend without a warrant and they also arrested all those migrant workers without one too. This is wrong on so many levels.

So they will make an arrest of a scapegoat who can not defend himself. We know at least 2 or 3 people were behind the murders . So lets see if the DNA match first. If they blame it on an immigrant worker this case is still wide open and not closed, even if the Royal Thai police says so.

Read "The Devils Discus" to see how innocent people can be executed in Thailand. One line in pdf. You won't find it in Thailand.

All the Thais i know are very angry and sickened by this horrific event and want justice for Hannah & David. Facebook especially on CSI LA's page is full of comments demanding that the student suspect and influencial people (suspects) in Koh Tao be dna tested properly. If you're innocent why hide? Initially my knee jerk reaction was anger at all Thais and that was wrong of me because the murderer and anyone covering up for them are $#@# sick #$@# and are shaming the otherwise good people of this country. This leads me to believe that that good will prevail and the real murderers will be caught in the end.

I agree with the first part of your post,

unfortunately regarding your last sentence

" This leads me to believe that that good will prevail and the real murderers will be caught in the end."

I do not share your optimism

I am afraid not only the murderers but a lot more villains would needed to be arrested - and this will make it difficult

Agree 100000%

3 days is enough time for the key players to do runners as they will have already been tipped off by the cops

Does anyone get the impression that the real culprits don't have to run anywhere! At this stage without intervention from the PM they have got away with it.

Don`t worry, PM is in charge as Supreme Commander of Police. You see It`s all under control and Martial Law.

And he has sent the 4th Army in to document migrant workers already. Have faith, what could possibly go wrong? w00t.gif

All the Thais i know are very angry and sickened by this horrific event and want justice for Hannah & David. Facebook especially on CSI LA's page is full of comments demanding that the student suspect and influencial people (suspects) in Koh Tao be dna tested properly. If you're innocent why hide? Initially my knee jerk reaction was anger at all Thais and that was wrong of me because the murderer and anyone covering up for them are $#@# sick #$@# and are shaming the otherwise good people of this country. This leads me to believe that that good will prevail and the real murderers will be caught in the end.

I agree with the first part of your post,

unfortunately regarding your last sentence

" This leads me to believe that that good will prevail and the real murderers will be caught in the end."

I do not share your optimism

I am afraid not only the murderers but a lot more villains would needed to be arrested - and this will make it difficult

Agree 100000%

By "good" will prevail you are referring to justice ? As in a fair search for the actual perps proper DNA collection

Releasing some CCTV but leaving other parts deliberately out ? Not forcing local folk into being witnesses or tirturibg them ? Investigating all possible and reasonable leads ?

Yes I agree with you on your statements too. But the normal everyday Thai isn't deliberately impeding this investigation. The families are. The police are. And the army are complicit.

If these examples aren't enough ...

• Like 1

I do think it is worth saying again that it is the BiB that are the ****** in this investigation,(with assistance from other disorganisations), many Thai people are as outraged as us farangs.

Many also agree with farangs that we should be given some kind of status if we live here, other than temporary aliens.

I know many wonderful Thai people and I live in this fantastically beautiful country.

It is being spoilt by a minority, it should not affect our views and relationships with Thai people in general.

I feel sorry for anyone involved in the tourist industry, it is being decimated by corruption and ineptitude.

As for arresting the REAL culprits....dream on.

• Like 2

RTP really need to learn to say

No Comment

instead of continually putting their feet in their collective mouths.

my comments are not intended to show disrespect to the victims

but isn't the lesson in this that the RTP need to employ proper, professional PR spokespersons, either nationally or regionally ?

the BiB on the ground need to keep their traps shut, get on with the jobs they are suppose to be doing and let a "talking head" deal with the media and doing "damage control" ?

We know this will not happen, as the head honco's, minnons etc all love their 15 minutes of fame, telling the "world" and being in the spotlight, irrespective of what comes out their mouths..