Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

what a stupid comparison you cant be in thailand or you woulden't say that also you can not have been to iraq

reading papers does not give you any insight only someone else's

To show that our prevention is not anti-thai racism => this current story is exactly similar to Colin Powell brandishing samples of the sadam hussein massive destruction arms which never existed. Police will brandish DNA samples which will not prove anything.
Thai police lies as George Bush did. And it's a lot.

I think between Thai police and GWB I'd take a Thai cop any day. There's Kaw Tao and there's Iraq. Where would you rather visit?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

No, don't believe it. Thats the whole point, the police have been running a circus and now anyone will do to save face...

Only an ignoramus would take this as gospel and what a foolish statement to make at this time.. considering the severity of the case and the likely consequences for the guilty party it seems quite incredible that this man was not even in custody earlier today and yet here we are with a full confession by evening.

it needs verifying with conclusive evidence that puts him at the scene. preferably by someone independent or from the UK Met.

the arrested suspect does appear to have a similar body profile to the CCTV footage taken on the night of the murder....IMO more so than the other Thai Visa suspects mon and Worat

Significantly shorter than the 170 - 175 height claimed of the guy on cctv, then theres the missing 2 mins of the cctv and with a guy in front of him on camera we get a glimpse of in the cut version that no one can account for....

Maybe one Burmese guy "Win" who worked at the bar was involved and the others were ??? You guessed it ! The other two Burmese may be innocent and the police trying to place blame. Lets hope Win survives the night to tell who the other two really were.

With all the BS the police and media has thrown at us it is really difficult to know what's true and what's not.

Now is the time for those who know to confirm or deny.

Are you watching Sean? Locals? Anyone who actually knows?

The ferocity doesn't seem to fit with the story

Well, one thing, this has exposed to the outside world just how corrupt the Thai police are. With 2000 illegal persons working on the island all having to pay 500 bht each per month to the police just to be left alone. That is probably 5 days wages per month, a couple of million Bht going into the pockets of the police. Another point is that the very people who are supposed to be upholding the countries laws, are actually encouraging and aiding others to break these laws, so this makes the police criminals. Now then Mr Prayuth ( the new PM) you have been saying that you are going to stamp out corruption, are you going to sack these corrupt police or just send them to the usual inactive post, another way of saying "Promote them"

So now the crimes solved (sic) we can now work on the racism problem. Why can Burmese workers live here and offer nothing back to the Kingdom of Thailand other than lining a few coppers pockets and expats and long term tourists have to mess about with visa runs.

Work for the salaries the Burmese work and do their kind of job, than you can stay. Hyaenen.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

My Thai wife also thinks this is a setup

Your Thai wife thinks that? Than it must be true. tongue.png

Does she also think, that there is some Pii ghost around any corner?

Does she also have small Ghost houses in front of the houses and places drinks there for the ghosts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_in_Thai_culture

u

Did you read that in your lonely planet?

It was a white man playing the guitar on the beach, this is what the police told us at the start.

This is just going to prolong the pain for the families, 3rd world mindset in this nation where the natives are known to have a low IQ.

"...where the natives are known to have a low IQ." Jesus, could you people stop saying this kind of rubbish? Factually unverified and blatantly racist. Why? Why even give an opinion if you have nothing to offer the conversation?

actually the Thais say it themselves, tests done in primary schools throughout Thailand have shown Thai pupils have a lower than average iQ. I read this some time ago in the BP, i was put down to poor nutrition.

What have IQ to do with a murder case, attack a whole nation, we all have different IQ and my own IQ is both up and down smile.png

Yeah IQ is like a container. A 55 gallon drum (one's brain) that only has 1 gallon of liquid (knowledge) is under educated/stupid.

Doing what you are told, believing without question, doesn't equal low IQ.

No doubt many locals in many countries fail to have critical thinking skills and are uneducated.

I do STUPID stuff on occasion (almost knocked myself out when I walked into a sign a few weeks back). I just don't do it all the time.

"pack up and go" I hate that phrase

"Stand up and be counted"

Or you're just as bad as them...

For all you people defending the pillars of our communities that are the police heres a story for you. I have a former friend who killed 3 migrant workers while driving drunk on Koh Samui, he has money and was able to buy his way out of that mess by greasing the right palms. The police made it look like the 3 poor blokes on the motorbike were drunk and because they were migrants, nobody cared and there were no family's to deal with! This is a fact so to all you people defending the police I just want you to know that this stuff happens all the time here. It's just the way it is, and if we are not prepared to live with it then we should just pack up and go.

Its pathetic some of these responses, no matter who they find guilty, i would say a lot on this forum would cry fowl !! One has admitted it, what you think he did so for money...

like the red bull heirs driver did..

Edited by ColdSingha

the arrested suspect does appear to have a similar body profile to the CCTV footage taken on the night of the murder....IMO more so than the other Thai Visa suspects mon and Worat

Significantly shorter than the 170 - 175 height claimed of the guy on cctv, then theres the missing 2 mins of the cctv and with a guy in front of him on camera we get a glimpse of in the cut version that no one can account for....

Exactly ! That's what I am requesting to see. There s a reason this has been cut off and played down.

What is it.

Scary:

Just after the murders had been discovered and it was on TV, my girlfriend said Burmese people did it.

Most scary:

Yesterday, I had a meeting with a Thai-guy and we talked about the case. He said, he believed that the two farangs were having sex on the beach and then 2 or 3 burmese men killed them.

Now seeing this article I feel like the people around me are either psychics or.... ??????? Need I say, that my girlfriend is very happy that she "guessed" it, already 5 min. after it was known?

Personally, I am convinced that the burmese guys, are just scapegoats and it is all a setup. I hope it backfires. But sure it will not.

I think Thais are fed this propaganda that they are all special people and wonderful and lovely and better than the nasty old foreigners.

"pack up and go" I hate that phrase

"Stand up and be counted"

Or you're just as bad as them...

For all you people defending the pillars of our communities that are the police heres a story for you. I have a former friend who killed 3 migrant workers while driving drunk on Koh Samui, he has money and was able to buy his way out of that mess by greasing the right palms. The police made it look like the 3 poor blokes on the motorbike were drunk and because they were migrants, nobody cared and there were no family's to deal with! This is a fact so to all you people defending the police I just want you to know that this stuff happens all the time here. It's just the way it is, and if we are not prepared to live with it then we should just pack up and go.

Difficult to stand up and be counted in a country that barely acknowledges your existence mate.

My Thai wife also thinks this is a setup

Your Thai wife thinks that? Than it must be true. tongue.png

Does she also think, that there is some Pii ghost around any corner?

Does she also have small Ghost houses in front of the houses and places drinks there for the ghosts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghosts_in_Thai_culture

u

Did you read that in your lonely planet?

I live here in Isaan, since 1998 my own experience.

If you not know these things, come out of your Thai City ghetto. lol yes.gif

“On arriving the day after the murders, the senior police officer on the island assured us the culprit could not have been a Thai person.”

“No Thai could possibly commit such a crime, he said, forgetting the equally ghastly murder of Welsh tourist Katherine Horton in 2006, by, it turned out, two Thai fishermen.”

This result was sown from the first day.

This is it, Ladies and Gentlemen.

We live in a Third World Coconut Republic.

Where savages rule.

A xenophobic society who truly don’t know right from wrong given their lack of education and exposure to the real world.

You almost can’t fault them due to their ignorance.

But, they are such fools to think others are as foolish as them.

The best that can come from this, is the exposure of such.

I’ve written on these boards in the past,

(amidst the jubilation of the cheerleaders for the new regime), that once this current circus folds it’s tents, business will return to as usual.

Now, I correct myself.

It’s merely a different tent.

Only a new circus has rolled into town.

Expose these <deleted>s far and wide.

As much as time demands…

For the apologists who may suggest going “home”; to many of us, this is home.

And it is our duty to criticize and bring to light, injustice.

post-206952-0-81864500-1412268119_thumb.

Edited by iReason

Scary:

Just after the murders had been discovered and it was on TV, my girlfriend said Burmese people did it.

Most scary:

Yesterday, I had a meeting with a Thai-guy and we talked about the case. He said, he believed that the two farangs were having sex on the beach and then 2 or 3 burmese men killed them.

Now seeing this article I feel like the people around me are either psychics or.... ??????? Need I say, that my girlfriend is very happy that she "guessed" it, already 5 min. after it was known?

Personally, I am convinced that the burmese guys, are just scapegoats and it is all a setup. I hope it backfires. But sure it will not.

I think Thais are fed this propaganda that they are all special people and wonderful and lovely and better than the nasty old foreigners.

wife (thai) saying thai social media is reading same as this. set up

this gangthai is on a wind up best to ignore it

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So tell me why Thai jails is full of rapists and murderers, are all from Burma and Cambodia?

Now that the Thai Police have caught the guilty party, i am sure that Mon, the village head mans son will willingly consent to a DNA sample, so that his dad can carry out his threats to the media and sue them for the accusations, against his innocent son.

Yes, I would think that without the DNA tests he could not sue and win in court as they would need to submit as evidence to prove the DNA did not match.

They should just test anyhow to clear the family name. I know I sure would and if you have nothing to hide it would be stupid not too.

probably a police man bumming his kind up

why can you not , whater you are, or from, just say good work by the police, lets hope that they have the right people, what a great job by the police with the train murder, i think the police are excellent here in thailand, working in difficult circumstaces, most times with a mob of losers and drunks, not to mention the druggies

Your doctor must be crazy to let you talk in public

I was on Koh Tao in January and a Western friend who has worked there for a few years and has been living in a hut by the beach, said there were frequently couples having sex on her doorstep, often not even knowing each others' names, i.e. they finished and then asked "what's your name?' before going in opposite directions. She had sometimes turned lights on them and even threw cold water once, but without any shame on part of coupling couples.

This kind of behaviour gives a very bad example to locals in a country where sex in public is taboo and Thai women wear teeshirts to swim. OK the sex trade is rife, but mostly concealed in bars.

Absolutely not an excuse for these brutal murders, but maybe we should stop abusing the Thai and look at Western behaviour, which gives the wrong message about what is acceptable.

thai women wear t shirts on the beach to stay white not shield their bodies from prying eyes. jeez do you not see their profile pictures on facebook..

It is the way it is. There are many people getting hysterical here who haven't been here long and don't know about all the other famous cases like Duangchalerm, who got off with murder, and haven't witnessed the not so famous thousands of other cases.

Semen was found and a cigarette was found. If both proved to be his we can conclude he is the guy.

Here you are Win, just "bash the bishop" into this bottle, we need a genuine semen sample for DNA. facepalm.gif

You think that DNA from semen is different from DNA in saliva. Pfffff

No you fool, they will want to change the original semen samples......................get it ?????

Ahh. Of course because they also changed the cigaret. Pfffff Edited by Nickymaster

i think you should change the record

you must have connections with the police or maybe you are one

just because he confesses does not mean he did it if you have 240volts passing through your genatails i think you sign a confession

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/765074-police-promised-cash-reward-to-buy-false-testimony-koh-tao-taxi-driver/

It is absurd to even begin to imagine that these poor Burmese guys are anything other than scapegoats..

For 3 Burmese to attack a Farang in Thailand would be quite out of character....attack each other yes, but attack Farang and or Thai's?? Completely out of character.

Right!

I killed the farang with a hammer. Please tell the lady I'm so sorry': Burmese pirate confesses to murder of Briton on sailing trip:

It's not over yet.... Didn't they say they were waiting on DNA ??? Perhaps nothing matches and the police forced the confession of the one guy. I mean how many false calls were there 3 or 4 so far.... And false information. .... 5 or 10 times ....

One of the most outrageous was that Chris Ware murdered the victims in a fit of homosexual rage at his lover's alleged infidelity without s scrap of evidence that either of them was gay.

I was on Koh Tao in January and a Western friend who has worked there for a few years and has been living in a hut by the beach, said there were frequently couples having sex on her doorstep, often not even knowing each others' names, i.e. they finished and then asked "what's your name?' before going in opposite directions. She had sometimes turned lights on them and even threw cold water once, but without any shame on part of coupling couples.

This kind of behaviour gives a very bad example to locals in a country where sex in public is taboo and Thai women wear teeshirts to swim. OK the sex trade is rife, but mostly concealed in bars.

Absolutely not an excuse for these brutal murders, but maybe we should stop abusing the Thai and look at Western behaviour, which gives the wrong message about what is acceptable.

Sex in public is taboo everywhere. Do you think it is acceptable for people to have sex in public in the West? Do you think Western people usually have sex with strangers outside?

I guess the only thing I can say about that behaviour is IF you were to get carried away and have sex outside then on a tropical beach, miles away from home sounds a likely candidate for the activity,, some may even consider it kind of romantic.

Prostitution is also illegal in the West, but I can't think of anywhere in the West like Walking street or Soi Cowboy. So perhaps you can spare us all the lecture about Thai decency until you all clear your own streets of the "clear to see" immoral behaviour that men, women and even children get to witness.

Lastly, I don't believe for a second that your friend has witnessed post sex discussions and heard "whats your name?" on multiple occasions. This is obviously crap and just for effect,, sounds like something discussed in the playground by children.

My Thai wife also thinks this is a setup and it seems the ordinary population of Thailand are coming to the same opinion, it may be possible that a huge amount of good for Thailand can come from this horrible crime.

RIP young ones

Can they fudge the DNA samples? The positive alcohol and cocaine tests of the Ferrari driving cop killer seem to have been mysteriously mislaid or contaminated at the Police General Hospital.