Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Independent investigation absolutely necessary to confirm DNA results. Thai police simply cannot be trusted with something as imortant as this. Catching people not wearing motorbike helmets is one thing, condemning 3 people to a life behind bars or worse is another. Also what of the victims families if they are fobbed off with some convenient scapegoats ? The British goverment must demand an independent investigation to corroborate the RTP results.

What do you think is more important to the British government, the lives of two of it's own citizens or a continued good relationship with Thailand? To me the answer to this is obvious. Britain will never put any serious pressure on Thailand over this. IMO, of course.

When you travel overseas you are on your own. Not many people understand this, they think their country/embassy will protect them

Yes of course there are certain risks involved in travelling, however this does not have any bearing on how an investigation such as this should be handled. What you are saying is that it's perfectly acceptable for the untrustworthy and inept Thai police to fob the families and public off with absolutely any old rubbish, just to get the job done and dusted before the all important high season. That looks to be the case and you are right but it doesn't make it anymore palatable. Let's have a big cheer for Thainess winning the day yet again.

Yeh I agree with you, I was replying to the comment above, about how the UK will look after it's overall relationship with a Thailand over people's lives

Wether these are the real killers ir not, the fact that almost everybody is sceptical jut goes to show how little credibility te thai police has. If foreigners don't trust the police, the mistrust among local Thais are even greater. Reforming the police is the real test for the thai reforms. They need a total shakeup of the police.

Yes, they need to start paying cops more than 6000thb per month for starters... How could any honest man live on 6k a month without taking some bribes?

The problem is that Police dont have set roles. Ive seen them guarding carparks, and guarding important shops etc.

I have yet to see a Police person on a motorbike or in a car pull someone over. Its always at roadblocks where lack of movement and access to the TV soapies is easy for them.

Apart from that, some loiter around cafes and shopping malls.... As far as Police work goes, I havent really noticed much from them... and its always a laugh to see them at the traffic lights surrounded by riders with no helmets... and they still do nadda!

And they get paid 6000 THB for being glorified parking attendants ??? ~sic~

I was unfortunate to see photo of what they did to that poor beautiful young lady (facebook)it was horrific .hopefully the truth will come out

Not forgetting, the photos were taken and posted by the RTP, no respect for dead, and no dignity for the young victim even after her passing.

It's an outrage.

I will believe it when the DNA results is a match.

I won't even believe it then, as they can [and do] tamper with, loose and misplace results any time it's convenient for them.

What is needed at this point is some international human rights investigation into the farce of the current investigation, but sadly the Myanmar government doesn't believe in human rights.............

And It wouldn't surprise me at all if a Burma slave worker would confess to a crime he didn't commit if a generous gift was promised to his dirt poor family back home.

Also the person who claims these couple couldn't be having sex because they were never seen being together - can you please explain this photo why are they sitting at the same table? jsut because they didn't seem to be together in the CCTV doesnt mean they can't be together else where.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2776072/Taxi-driver-says-beaten-Thai-police-investigating-murder-two-British-backpackers-refused-accept-bribe-false-evidence.html

There is no evidence to support the theory the two victims had been engaging in or had engaged in sex.... nothing... .. no dna, no sperm, no link other than they were both found murdered near each other...

NO EVIDENCE of the Brit couple having sex..................Its pretty impossible to have sex without DNA being there...

So it makes this confession and witness pretty suspect when he says he was watching the victims having sex when theres no dna evidence that supports they were. GET IT ?

If a girl jacks of a guy will you be able to find DNA on there? or if a guy licks her? or perhaps the guy wasn't even hard yet and they were just on the arousing phase. Who knows, but the absence of DNA doesn't exclude the possibility they might be having sex.

Also the person who claims these couple couldn't be having sex because they were never seen being together - can you please explain this photo why are they sitting at the same table? jsut because they didn't seem to be together in the CCTV doesnt mean they can't be together else where.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2776072/Taxi-driver-says-beaten-Thai-police-investigating-murder-two-British-backpackers-refused-accept-bribe-false-evidence.html

There is no evidence to support the theory the two victims had been engaging in or had engaged in sex.... nothing... .. no dna, no sperm, no link other than they were both found murdered near each other...

NO EVIDENCE of the Brit couple having sex..................Its pretty impossible to have sex without DNA being there...

So it makes this confession and witness pretty suspect when he says he was watching the victims having sex when theres no dna evidence that supports they were. GET IT ?

Huh?

Impossible to have seen W/of death?

I would say the injuries to both suggest that David was attacked from behind (taken by surprise) while Hannah was facing the killers, and that both were on the ground when attacked. It doesn't prove they were having sex, but they may have been at least snogging. Not that any of this really matters.

I'm the 420th poster on this thread. And I'm going to wait for the outcome without making any more speculative comments. That's not to say I don't believe this is the craziest investigation I've ever heard, because it damn well is.

See you all tomorrow, I'm going to read some more fiction.

An utter sham from start to finish..the police have further promoted themselves as totally incompetent in this type of investigation..I feel so sorry for the families of the 2 victims, and no doubt (in my mind) the migrant workers who are being charged with murder.

I have first hand knowledge of this village headman from several years back when he attacked my ex wife and left her unconscious because she stood up to his arrogance..he is a nasty piece of work and is rarely seen out without a mob of equally nasty bodyguards..the local community fear him and what he is capable of..it seems pretty apparent that even the police are afraid of him and his mob and will always resort to finding a scapegoat to cover up for him.

Ive spent a lot of time in Koh Tao, and enough to realise that there are more than a few people on that Island who are laws unto themselves...such a shame, as its a beautiful place with some really ugly people

RIP to David and Hannah..i doubt you will receive justice for this terrible crime...i really hope i am wrong

http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detail.php?newsid=1412243500

Reporting they have 3 one guy dyed his hair from blonde to black .. theres vid evidence of one buying the same brand of cigarette in a shop somewhere as near the crime scene AND ...that this is the most important evidence apparently ...whistling.gif

they are setting up a major press statement now.... DNA yet to be confirmed of course ... parade them first .. prove later

however when looking at him doesn't he look like the guy running in the video. I'm confused now.

Scapegoat or not...remains to be seen. Thai Police can't be trusted in most of the cases, agreed. But so much hatred and bitterness towards Thai people in general in this topic.....unbelievable. It really makes me wonder what are you still doing in this country.

Fail to see your logic. This a murder investigation and emotions run high, the process and outcome of this stink of corruption. The bitterness your complain of is mostly directed at the handling of the case rather than Thai people in general. What you are saying is if people don't like they should leave Thailand?

Huh?

Impossible to have seen W/of death?

I would say the injuries to both suggest that David was attacked from behind (taken by surprise) while Hannah was facing the killers, and that both were on the ground when attacked. It doesn't prove they were having sex, but they may have been at least snogging. Not that any of this really matters.

Right Lewis, now let's go for a pint.

Scapegoat or not...remains to be seen. Thai Police can't be trusted in most of the cases, agreed. But so much hatred and bitterness towards Thai people in general in this topic.....unbelievable. It really makes me wonder what are you still doing in this country.

Fail to see your logic. This is a particularly gruesome murder and emotions run high, the process and outcome of this investigation stink of corruption. The bitterness you complain of is mostly directed at the handling of the case rather than Thai people in general. What you are saying is, if people don't like they should leave Thailand?

I don't believe the confession.

I don't believe the Brit guy and girl were having sex, or even together.

She was dragged off and attacked, he ran to help, now that story makes sense.

I believe it was a Thai related to the head man who is guilty, else why would they covered up for so long.

Allow me to expand on this. Many are probably skeptical. Why would an uneducated, poor Myanmar worker confess to this heinous murder when the result will be almost certain death? Let me suggest the following. Certain assurances are made by the Village Head Masters family and in cooperation with the police significant (For a Myanmar family) amounts of money are given to the family of the accused Myanmar worker. Promises are made to him that if he confesses his mother and father and sisters and brothers, his whole family will never want for anything. He is told that if he sacrifices himself he will be the savior of his family and they can surely rise above their poverty and position forever. What greater gift can a wayward son give his family? He's deprived of sleep, He's frightened. He's certainly guilty, in his own mind, of being a worthless sod. Finally, he has the opportunity do make "Merit", to do good and so he gladly confesses and is provided all the lurid details of the crime by the police and coached on the reenactment. He will go to his maker certain he did the right thing. That's just my take on things. An enterprising reporter or investigative writer with skill far greater than mine might want to follow up and pay a visit to the village in Myanmar where the poor son of a bitch grew up and see how his family is getting on with their new found wealth.

He won't just go to his maker certain he did the right thing, he will be reincarnated with a far higher social rank!

Archived