Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Independent investigation absolutely necessary to confirm DNA results. Thai police simply cannot be trusted with something as imortant as this. Catching people not wearing motorbike helmets is one thing, condemning 3 people to a life behind bars or worse is another. Also what of the victims families if they are fobbed off with some convenient scapegoats ? The British goverment must demand an independent investigation to corroborate the RTP results.

The only way this ''confession'' will be accepted is if the DNA evidence is confirmed by an outside third party agency.

The guilty confession to the judge has to make sense and be consistent with other aspects of the investigation.

If all things are done correctly and he pleads guilty, then guilty he is I guess.

The high season is just around the corner so let's get the pointing and re-enactment out the way followed by a fast track trial as with the rape and murder on the train and it can all be wrapped up in a blaze of publicity to convince everyone all is well.

Have they got the right man, does it matter ?

It's an insult to intelligence -

List too long to state here .

The world meanwhile sees this and notes duly .

Jesus wept indeed

What exactly is the world duly noting? An arrest with a confession?

More lies ......

Nope.. Confession and arrest will be all the world "duly notes"

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

You mean you can't accept that a Thai person could do these crimes considering everyone in Thailand is so friendly not violent in the slightest?

KOH TAO MURDERS

Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

The Nation

KOH TAO: -- A Myanmar worker has confessed killing two British tourists on Koh Tao in Surat Thani, acting Deputy Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Jakthip Chaijinda said Thursday.

Following the confession, Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Somyos Pumphanmuang rushed to Koh Tao at 5 pm Thursday to get prepared for holding a press conference Friday.

According to a source from the investigation team, the worker was identified as Win, 21. He worked at a bar on Koh Tao.

The source said Win was taken into custody and detained pending DNT test along with two other Myanmar workers - Maw, 23, and Saw, 21.

Maw and Saw were captured on Koh Tao while Win on the mainland of Surat Thani.

Police are waiting for DNT test results to match those found on cigarette but and other evidences at the scene.

Maw told police that he played guitar on the beach and smoked the cigarette but he returned home and knew nothing about the murder.

But Win later admitted that he saw the two tourists having sex so he made the attack with a plan to rape the woman.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Myanmar-worker-confesses-killing-British-tourists-30244632.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-10-02

DNT results???

So not only is it a stitch up, now the Danish National Trekkers decide whether he's guilty by evidence.

The only way this ''confession'' will be accepted is if the DNA evidence is confirmed by an outside third party agency.

That would be a waste of time, as far as getting the truth was concerned.

The whole investigation is far too contaminated, and fraught with corruption and incompetence.

Virtually nothing they can say or produce, at this point, would convince me.

At the moment i'm very not buying this.

In the wake of the taxi driver attempted fit up its all very suspicious

Myanmar wont protest either.

of course they havnt been dna tested and yet to be matched so atm its just another BS headline

Really this is all too convenient, but then again what did we expect.... its almost as if we wrote the script ............

regardless of if these are found to be the murderers its been a farce all the way

When things become as outrageously and openly corrupt and predictable as this its time for some soul searching regarding staying here anymore.

At least it is for me

If you honestly have been following this story from the beginning and really, but really have that much faith in the Thai Authorities as a Thai yourself, then you seriously have bad judgement and or just not wanting to admit what is actual reality.

I for one would love it for the Thai Authorities to catch these animals that did this to these two poor souls, but with all statements issued by the Police saying that YES, they did not do their job correctly and will do their best to make it right and then again to stipulate this and then all the contradictions (i.e. they've collected over 200 DNA samples to just over 40 DNA samples...what does that tell you?) etc... This investigation was stained long ago and I for one, want the culprits to be caught, but now I don't trust the Thai Authorities AT ALL! I will ONLY believe them if they are transparent and allow a third party from outside of Thailand who is reputable to confirm everything and that these 3 migrant workers are the real murderers.

Would you agree with that or do you have that much faith in the world known corruptness of the Thai Authorities here in Thailand?

Sorry, I don't believe that for a second. Where's the motive for the ferrocity of those attacks ?

Total stitch up.

me too I dont believe it at all. The police is in big trouble here... and I guess that they pay off these guys families and take them as escape goats...

Hope I am wrong..

Glegolo

..but a Thai can rape a young girl, kill her and throw her from a train?

You have zero credibility here.

Best you leave.

I don't believe it for a second, one they rounded up all those people first up,

two its the most vulnerable least powerful, non represented patsy.

Words cant express how disgusted I am.

(of course it is possible that this is the person, and I'll eat crow but thats highly unlikely)

I don't believe the Brit guy and girl were having sex, or even together.

Why not? Britons have their way of reproduction?

There are a lot of CCTV pictures of these two people, they are sitting at the same table in one bar, but never sitting together.

All the street shots, they are in different groups, not together.

People intending to have sex, usually are together for a while first.

I would have expected to see CCTV of them walking together, holding hands, standing close, but nothing like that happens.

They were not together as a couple at any time in the evening.

Archived