Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KOH TAO MURDERS

Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

The Nation

KOH TAO: -- A Myanmar worker has confessed killing two British tourists on Koh Tao in Surat Thani, acting Deputy Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Jakthip Chaijinda said Thursday.

Following the confession, Police Commissioner General Pol Gen Somyos Pumphanmuang rushed to Koh Tao at 5 pm Thursday to get prepared for holding a press conference Friday.

According to a source from the investigation team, the worker was identified as Win, 21. He worked at a bar on Koh Tao.

The source said Win was taken into custody and detained pending DNT test along with two other Myanmar workers - Maw, 23, and Saw, 21.

Maw and Saw were captured on Koh Tao while Win on the mainland of Surat Thani.

Police are waiting for DNT test results to match those found on cigarette but and other evidences at the scene.

Maw told police that he played guitar on the beach and smoked the cigarette but he returned home and knew nothing about the murder.

But Win later admitted that he saw the two tourists having sex so he made the attack with a plan to rape the woman.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Myanmar-worker-confesses-killing-British-tourists-30244632.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-10-02

DNT results???

So not only is it a stitch up, now the Danish National Trekkers decide whether he's guilty by evidence.

I was going to say it's clearly going to be a Deoxyribo Nucleic Thai test fitting the poor soul up.

It was a white man playing the guitar on the beach, this is what the police told us at the start.

This is just going to prolong the pain for the families, 3rd world mindset in this nation where the natives are known to have a low IQ.

Yes maybe there was a white man there playing guitar too, step forward Sean maybe he knows more than he is letting on, and if the guys worked in the bar I am sure he knew them too.

What incentive is there for sean to make his comments why would he lie? why? Why would he make such comments knowing the danger he was putting himself in. It doesn't make sense. How can suspects refuse DNA tests. Double standards or what? Why would all the locals be afraid to speak if they knew a foreign migrant worker did the crime? This news is complete <deleted>!! This was a crime of hate and anger, a tantrum if you like, a lost face "i'll <deleted> show you" type crime. Any educated logical thinking human being can see whats happening here. I feel sick, i feel distraught for Hannah & Davids parents, i cant begin to comprehend what they're going through, and that the real perps may get away with the crime. Maybe i'm way off mark, I hope i am wrong.

If they David and Hannah were having sex on the beach then why has does the DNA on the sperm match 2 Asians and not once as it mentioned as being of a Caucasian.

The fact they try and make the victims look immoral after their deaths shows the Thai way of thinking.

To show that our prevention is not anti-thai racism => this current story is exactly similar to Colin Powell brandishing samples of the sadam hussein massive destruction arms which never existed. Police will brandish DNA samples which will not prove anything.

Thai police lies as George Bush did. And it's a lot.

The only way this ''confession'' will be accepted is if the DNA evidence is confirmed by an outside third party agency.

The guilty confession to the judge has to make sense and be consistent with other aspects of the investigation.

If all things are done correctly and he pleads guilty, then guilty he is I guess.

It is heartening to hear that you have such great faith in the Thai justice system.

2 days ago, police have no clue ... hey Win, do us a pleasure, take the 800.000 reward, confess .. and later we let you slip out of jail, go burma and never coming back ;-)

problem solved, reputation of the thai cleared,Chief son cleared, tourist image ok, let them come again and ask 50 B, to get back the money from the reward

los

(could be a scenario :-))

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

it is most convenient this member joined to day to post on this thread....with the opinion ( which is so stupid its untrue ) he has.

Watch out for planted troll scum like this.

Forums get their share of paid shills,

this is most clearly one and there are a few others, Thailand has a vested interest in "fixing" this issue to its own and the worlds satisfaction...

The moment things turn to the mainland they have a confession ? .... yea ok right thats likely..

The way things have been throughout this I would not be surprised if they even alter DNA samples to suit now.

Lets be frank ... The Thai police and others are more than capable of messing about with original DNA samples or fudging any results that dont suit

The only way this will be believed by most following it will be by outside testing .. pref the UK .. but we know full well Thailand wont do this.

But they could rape a 13 year old girl and then throw them to their death from a moving train?

She's currently working on his appeal case on the basis that everyone in Thailand knows that Thais can't do anything bad. I'm sure the judge in his infinite wisdom and knowledge of Thainess will acquit him.

I cannot believe it is a setup with so much news and pressure even the keystone cops are not that silly. Well in my mind anyhow.

My question is why was the boss cocky was in Bangkok instead of at the island leading the investigation. Then he could have been on hand instead of rushing to the island to get his photo taken..

I suppose he was messed about by the statement that it would be three days time?

The Good General assigned a new chief to investigate this today, then hours later a confession and perfect 'DTA' match happens....

Um, does anyone else think this is, well, a tad, maybe half a tad -- more like a micro-tad -- suspicious?

I teach science and know about DNA sequencing, a bit, and the man who refused and has still never given a DNA sample might know (being told) that if a family member was guilty the evidence would show the man being sampled was innocent, but ... someone in his family was not.

Hence the refusal and theatrics....it's another blue diamond case (people will disappear trying to find out).

The beautifully stupid issue is that the remains have already been shipped home, and the evidence was shipped with them. DNA is hard to erase. So...the family now has the evidence and may demand the samples be made available for evaluation in England. Preepare yourselves for a new Thai law that dictates that remains only be shipped overseas after an investigation is completed and criminals are incarcerated.

Amazing Thailand.

xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png

I know many Thai men who could do this

Probably confessed after being beaten and told if they don't the Police will hurt their family and friends and then send them back to Myanmar where there is no work.

I suppose a Thai couldn't rape a 13 year old girl and throw her body out the window either.

Considering the skill and honesty of Thai police as well as the investigation procedures they performed in (also) this case these culprits have to be considered innocent scapegoats until real police with real investigation methods and well known for not being corrupt has proven them guilty.

World police make sure that Thai police does not act like criminals

The British Ambassador has offered technical assistance to the RTP.

The only satisfactory way to prove beyond all doubt, is for the RTP to give the DNA from these 3 guys to the British Police. Then let them compare to the DNA on her body. (that is if there is any left after the Thai authorities did what they did)

Maybe the British police have the origional DNA from her body, or maybe they can still get it...(Exhume and test)

Until something like this happens, there will always be some doubt.

The only way this ''confession'' will be accepted is if the DNA evidence is confirmed by an outside third party agency.

The guilty confession to the judge has to make sense and be consistent with other aspects of the investigation.

If all things are done correctly and he pleads guilty, then guilty he is I guess.

It is heartening to hear that you have such great faith in the Thai justice system.

Not at all, I think it stinks.

But it is what it is and if he pleads guilty and the judge accepts it then it's life in Ban Kwang.

What can I do?

This is complete bullshit. The UK and Myanmar embassies should get involved right away. That island is infested by mafia and corrupt police. Don't believe this for a minute. The people in the bar that night know what happened. And they aren't talking because those in high places are implicated. Just disgusting.

Archived