Koh Tao murders: Myanmar worker confesses killing British tourists

webfact

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thai Police find a suspect who confesses and you still don't believe it.

I know a thai person could not do these crimes.

The other day a Taxi Driver spoke of how the "Thai" police offered him 700,000 thb for a false confession.

AND

If a "Thai person" could rape a young girl on a train and then throw her out the window why would you speak such foolishness?? Does being "Thai" make someone better in some way than every other race of humans?

Please re-think your view here. Show a little common sense!

Edited by empireboy

The only way this ''confession'' will be accepted is if the DNA evidence is confirmed by an outside third party agency.

No 'if's' allowed on this one, the dna will be conclusive, it'll be done by a thai lab clap2.gif

Why would they send it to a lab when they can just write up a document that says it's a match..?

Stitch up for sure! I wonder how much of a beating the so-called suspect endured before he finally gave a "confession"?

Read Colin Martin's book Welcome To Hell where he talks about how he had a murder confession beaten out of him in Bangkok

and there are countless others (google it). The Kirsty Jones murder case in Chiang Mai in 2000 was also a huge shambles and

cover up just like this.

Thai police have panic now and arrest an innocent Burmese worker. Afraid to lose face again BIB's?

Before they can convince me that he is guilty I want to see his criminal record in Burma and have a non Thai police to double check his DNA samples.

This is a typical Thai rage rape and murder.

Amazing isn't it. Many people subconsciously dislike Thais and hoped that it would be a Thai who was the killer.

Now someone has confessed they don't want to believe it. Two of 'their own' were killed and they wanted desperately to say, "told you it was a Thai".

I always thought it would be a Burmese.

Your avatar says it all!

how did they make them confess? beating? torture? e-shock? threat of familyß

More subtle than that... a big fat baht bung (paid by the island chief) for the poor sap's poverty stricken family in Myanmar and a promise of an early release following sentencing, once all the international fuss has died down

This makes me rage! The only way a thai police officer can solve a crime is through a confession right?

The weight of the press, social media, diplomats, EVERYONE needs to come crashing down on the RTP to prove and fully explain how it is these guys.

Lazy corrupt, fill in the rest with every expletive you know!

..but a Thai can rape a young girl, kill her and throw her from a train?

You have zero credibility here.

Best you leave.

Of offer a female Dutch tourist a ride, then take her to a Cassava field and rape her...

The first act of contrition is taking responsibility for your actions... Something Thais know nothing about...

Don't forget beating to death and/or drowning a four-year-old for breaking your crappy tablet.

A Thai person couldn't possibly do that could they?

@gangthai. You know a thai person could not do those crimes. Really how do you know that. Need I remind you of the Thai loser that raped and murdered a child before throwing her body of the train. Your such a moron.

At the moment i'm very not buying this.

In the wake of the taxi driver attempted fit up its all very suspicious

Myanmar wont protest either.

of course they havnt been dna tested and yet to be matched so atm its just another BS headline

Really this is all too convenient, but then again what did we expect.... its almost as if we wrote the script ............

regardless of if these are found to be the murderers its been a farce all the way

When things become as outrageously and openly corrupt and predictable as this its time for some soul searching regarding staying here anymore.

At least it is for me

Yeah me too... I'm getting really pessimistic .. It seems like the entire society is corrupt .. all thai villages have their version of this head man .. loan shark, , whatever you wan't to call him.. and ofcourse the royal thai police is probably the same all over thailand...

I don't believe the confession.

I don't believe the Brit guy and girl were having sex, or even together.

She was dragged off and attacked, he ran to help, now that story makes sense.

I believe it was a Thai related to the head man who is guilty, else why would they covered up for so long.

Allow me to expand on this. Many are probably skeptical. Why would an uneducated, poor Myanmar worker confess to this heinous murder when the result will be almost certain death? Let me suggest the following. Certain assurances are made by the Village Head Masters family and in cooperation with the police significant (For a Myanmar family) amounts of money are given to the family of the accused Myanmar worker. Promises are made to him that if he confesses his mother and father and sisters and brothers, his whole family will never want for anything. He is told that if he sacrifices himself he will be the savior of his family and they can surely rise above their poverty and position forever. What greater gift can a wayward son give his family? He's deprived of sleep, He's frightened. He's certainly guilty, in his own mind, of being a worthless sod. Finally, he has the opportunity do make "Merit", to do good and so he gladly confesses and is provided all the lurid details of the crime by the police and coached on the reenactment. He will go to his maker certain he did the right thing. That's just my take on things. An enterprising reporter or investigative writer with skill far greater than mine might want to follow up and pay a visit to the village in Myanmar where the poor son of a bitch grew up and see how his family is getting on with their new found wealth.

Erm , have you thought that he might have actually done it and the police have the evidence. He knows a confession will mean he won't get the death sentence but not confessing would mean death.

Wow, you are dim!

why can you not , whater you are, or from, just say good work by the police, lets hope that they have the right people, what a great job by the police with the train murder, i think the police are excellent here in thailand, working in difficult circumstaces, most times with a mob of losers and drunks, not to mention the druggies

B.S.

This was a crime of anger and fury.

What an outrageous insult to the families.

Absolutely.

These cretins must think that the rest of the world is stupid.

But the BIB are probably running around beating their chests saying "we are so clever aren't we"

An abolutely sickening & disgusting attempt to hood wink the world.

They will now be expecting plane loads of gullible tourists arriving for the high season.

The other day a Taxi Driver spoke of how the "Thai" police offered him 700,000 thb for a false confession.

AND

If a "Thai person" could rape a young girl on a train and then throw her out the window why would you speak such foolishness?? Does being "Thai" make someone better in some way than every other race of humans?

Please re-think your view here. Show a little common sense!

Spot on. And don't forget the "Thai" man who stabbed his wife and daughter and burnt them in the car the other day. I think all that mindless, brainwashing crap they have on TV over there is really dumbing down the nation?

So a RTP general no less gets to front the media (more generals in Thailand than I've had hot dinners). What a crock, they really must think we are stupid to believe all this garbage but there will be no independent review, that's guaranteed.

So many here seem convinced this is another police frame-up. Can someone please provide any links to stories where the Thai police have a history of framing innocent people in a capital murder case? In the USA, if a cop did that, they'd be eligible for the death penalty in some states.

I'm new to Thailand, so I'd really like to know. Thanks.

They said they found a condom with Hannah's DNA on the outside but nothing on the inside, so it was most likely what David was wearing when they were having sex.

Itd be impossible to use a condom and for it to leave no DNA, itd be riddled.

If he didn't ejaculate, then maybe if the condom had spermicide in it, it could of dissolved any DNA.

Seriously are you really that stupid?

i think it's impossible that the condom didn't have any dna in the inside.. not only sperm have dna :)

I don't believe the confession.

I don't believe the Brit guy and girl were having sex, or even together.

She was dragged off and attacked, he ran to help, now that story makes sense.

I believe it was a Thai related to the head man who is guilty, else why would they covered up for so long.

Allow me to expand on this. Many are probably skeptical. Why would an uneducated, poor Myanmar worker confess to this heinous murder when the result will be almost certain death? Let me suggest the following. Certain assurances are made by the Village Head Masters family and in cooperation with the police significant (For a Myanmar family) amounts of money are given to the family of the accused Myanmar worker. Promises are made to him that if he confesses his mother and father and sisters and brothers, his whole family will never want for anything. He is told that if he sacrifices himself he will be the savior of his family and they can surely rise above their poverty and position forever. What greater gift can a wayward son give his family? He's deprived of sleep, He's frightened. He's certainly guilty, in his own mind, of being a worthless sod. Finally, he has the opportunity do make "Merit", to do good and so he gladly confesses and is provided all the lurid details of the crime by the police and coached on the reenactment. He will go to his maker certain he did the right thing. That's just my take on things. An enterprising reporter or investigative writer with skill far greater than mine might want to follow up and pay a visit to the village in Myanmar where the poor son of a bitch grew up and see how his family is getting on with their new found wealth.

" An enterprising reporter or investigative writer....."

Good post, but this makes me wonder. Are there any in Thailand or are they all scared to look under rocks and in dark places for the truth? They say the truth hurts. In some cases it can get people killed.

So much cynicism here. There are loads of unsolved murder cases in all of your home countries and I don't see any threads complaining about the UK "Keystone cops".

Natalie Holloway (sp?) the US student who was murdered many years ago and the police there and in the Netherlands don't have a clue.

The police in Koh Tao are investigating a crime, they went down the wrong path a couple times but they kept investigating and now they have someone in custody who confessed.

What kind of deal are they going to make to an innocent person who confesses to rape and multiple murder who will be executed if found guilty. How could they coerce someone to confess, what could they threat to do that's worse than a firing squad ? Unless the accused is a serial confessor to crimes he didn't commit, I'd tend to believe his confession.

Wait for the "DNT" (sic) tests and other forensic work to cone in before you posit your own complicated conspiracy theories, unless you don't mind being told "I told you so" by the other people here.

If anyone would read through a couple of hundred murder cases the world over, they would understand that despite the horrific injuries to Hannah, it doesn't mean at all that it was carried out with anger. Many cases of gang rape are followed by mutilation of the victim, just as there is no standard 100% standard profile of a murderer, though statistically young men are the biggest purveyors of murder.

B.S.

This was a crime of anger and fury.

What an outrageous insult to the families.

Absolutely.

These cretins must think that the rest of the world is stupid.

But the BIB are probably running around beating their chests saying "we are so clever aren't we"

An abolutely sickening & disgusting attempt to hood wink the world.

They will now be expecting plane loads of gullible tourists arriving for the high season.

I agree and they now want to charge an entrance fee for the privilege. Unbelievable.

If this does not scream "Frame!" and "Patsy", I don't know. Dunno how many bones they have broken in that guy to make him sign this crap, but this is B S !

If anyone here has seen the uncensored crime scene photos (I unfortunately did), he/she knows that this was a hate crime.

If a rape is the plan, a culprit would knock the guy out and the girl, but not destroy their skulls completely and beyond recognition (as with poor Hannah).

If rape is the intitial motive, a rapist would not bash the victim's head into a mush (nothing there reminded of a person anymore, letting alone a girl), unless he is into necrophelia.

Something went completely wrong there from day one onwards and it makes me wanna scream!!!

Bashing David's and Hannahs heads into a bloody pulp was an act of hatred; of revenge. Someone lost his face (Thais tend to do that, not Burmese) and felt the need to show the white people who is in charge on that island.

I feel so sorry for the victims and their families that words can hardly describe it. What a shame this whole case has become, what an insult to the words justice and to the human race itself...