Retirement Visa Extension and Immigration Act BE 2522 Section 38

I went in to the Nonthaburi Immigration office today to extend my Thai visa for retirement. This was my 4th consecutive extension application. I presented all the usual and necessary documents. The officer tried to trip me up with a new requirement to have proof of where I lived. It sounded like the requirement of hotels and rented apartments to notify the government of foreign residents. I had never been asked this before. I had been warned by others so I took along a copy of my Yellow house residence book and he looked surprised. He showed the boss my document and that seem to pacify them but I'm still confused as to what it was all about. Another foreigner ahead of me had the same problem but they said forget it but bring evidence next year. My officer asked me why I didn't bring my home owner wife to fill out some paper work that I was living in our (her) home. Is this a pending crack down for proof of residence?

There are two aspects to this.

• Verification of the address stated on the application form for the extension of stay
    On the application form, your state the address of the place where you live. Immigration officers often ask for some evidence that this address is correct, for example a rental contract when the the applicant lives in a rented place or another form of written confirmation from the owner of the place.
  • Notification by the house master (the chief possessor of the residence, whether in the capacity of owner, tenant, or in any other capacity whatsoever) of a foreigner's arrival. This requirement is completely independent of your date of application for extension, as it must be made within 24 hours of your arrival at the residence, but it has so far been rarely enforced for house masters of private residences.
  1. You say that you showed the immigration officer your yellow house registration book. Is the address of the residence indicated in this house registration book the same as shown on your application for extension of stay?
  2. In what capacity are you, ie your name, listed in the house registration book, eg owner, relative, tenant, etc?
  3. You say that the immigration officer asked why you didn't bring your home owner wife to fill out some paperwork that you were living in your (her) home. Did you tell him that your wife is the owner, or otherwise how did he assume that she was the owner?
  4. Is your wife Thai or also a foreigner?

For my last two extensions at Nonthaburi they have asked for a completed TM30 ( Notification By House Master) even though I have a Yellow Book. Always date it the day before I go ... doing that is a complete lie but if that is what is wanted fine by me, just another bit of paper.

This is the form that I believe you should get completed and send to them every time you come back from staying away from home eg an hotel ... is this the case?

Yea, Nonthaburi want us to do the TM.30, i did my first 1 year Married-Extension May 2014.

And have to do it, Immigration put that slip from TM.30 in my passport and told me to keep there, or i might be fine if i get stop and check.

And they want to see that slip next year when i apply again for a 1 year Married-Extension.

And if i move before that time come, do the TM.28 and get my new landlord to do the TM.30 right away after i move.

Don´t know if that the correct law / rules, But that what they told me to do, so that what i am going to do, after all it is not that big of a deal for me.

JJ Madcow, on 03 Oct 2014 - 09:26, said:

Yea, Nonthaburi want us to do the TM.30, i did my first 1 year Married-Extension May 2014.

And have to do it, Immigration put that slip from TM.30 in my passport and told me to keep there, or i might be fine if i get stop and check.

And they want to see that slip next year when i apply again for a 1 year Married-Extension.

And if i move before that time come, do the TM.28 and get my new landlord to do the TM.30 right away after i move.

Don´t know if that the correct law / rules, But that what they told me to do, so that what i am going to do, after all it is not that big of a deal for me.

Woops ... My TM30 slip is missing ... no one said anything at 90 Day report ... suppose if asked I'll just say Um sorry, it was there. I have been out of the country and back since last renewal.