DNA samples from two Myanmar workers match with those collected from British victim

webfact

No matter what dog'n'pony show they put on I think we all know it is BS. Push for independent confirmation collected and evaluated OUTSIDE THAILAND.

Oz

The DNA found on the victims was done in Singapore.

This is presuming of course that the DNA sent to Singapore, was from the workers and not from samples taken off the body in place of the DNA taken from the migrant workers so taht a positive matching result would be able to be shown. Only one way to this now and that is to let independent British Authorities collect DNA samples from the Migrant workers and send them to the UK to be cross cheked with the murderers DNA found on the body in the UK. I wonder what would have happened if the migrant workers had refused to give samples ???? Would they have been free to walk away from this too?

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think what i want to know is if they were Burmese from the bar the victims were from they must have been among the 1st suspspets interrogated. had finger prints DNA ..SO

An unplanned spur of the moment rape and kill there would have been so much evidence at hand, foot prints, fingerprints on the murder weapon , clothing fibres or body hair on the victims, maybe scratches on the killer from fighting back as well as all the semen . the killers would have some blood somewhere on clothing and they would have had to have been real pro's (MI6 standard) if they could act 100% calmly and normally ithough an interrogation a day later . it would be impossible for them to evade suspicion from day one with so much evidence against them, yet the BRB were running around looking for the westerner friends of the victim and so many other seemingly unlikely dead ends leads and a few potentially realistic ones to.

Can we please get an answer to these questions so I can feel a little assured the right people are being brought to justice.

I wonder if anyone thought to scrape under the fingernails of the victims.

jb1

"Comparing his features to images captured on CCTV, police were able to ascertain that he was one of the three men in the footage.

He had recently dyed his hair black when originally his hair was dyed blond.

Some blond strands of human hair were found at the scene and were kept as evidence. Police are awaiting DNA test results to confirm their case."

I don't see blond hair on any of the guys on the motor bike. Is this another misleading statement ?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1412312015.417273.jpg

This news about the hair was in the first report about the Burmese guys. Blond ??? Where ???

Edited by ttthailand
  • Like 1

wow that was a remarkably quick turn around for DNA results

Why? I work in genetic testing and it only takes a few hours to for this type of testing!

If you are going to comment then first make sure you know what you are talking about.

Oh hang on, this TV, when did facts matter, especially if you are on an an anti-Thai and conspiracy crusade

• Like 2

Didn't the guy Win say he killed Both with the hoe ? I thought that David was killed with a board or bar ? I am sure the hoe would have caused a major cut to David's head.

This and the comment about the blond hair belonging to one guy all makes me think. The photos of the three on bike does not show anyone with blond hair, why ?

<p>

All the evidence fits perfectly:-

• The crime was commited by 2-3 males
  • The hair found in Hannah's hand was blond and the Myanmar suspects hair was dyied blond at the time of the murders
  • The Myanmar suspect bought LM cigarettes the night of the murder, CCTV footage
  • The guitars were found in their room
  • Hannah's phone had blond hair on it also linking the Myanmar suspect with blond hair
  • The DNA from the semen matched the DNA from 2 of the Myanmar suspectsy.
  • CCTV footage shows the 3 Myanmar suspects together on a motorcycle the night of the murders
  • CCTV footage of an Asian man fleeing the crime scene matches one of the Myanmar suspects profiles
  • The suspects had been interviewed previously the day after the murders and said they were near the crime scene playing guitar and singing the night of the murders
  • Sean's testomony was maybe paranoya, due to the fact that he was known to take illegal substances that cause paranoya. Fitting up the big bosses son might lead him into being frightened for his own safety.
  • DNA evidence proved not to match the crime scene from Sean's accused family together with witness testifying one of the suspects accused was in fact in Bangkok at the time of the murders
Of course this could have also been manufactured evidence to blame 3 innocent men and take away the suspicions cast apon one particular family on Ko Tao. It is suprising that every bit of evidence fits so well. It's like they have been looking for a migrant to take the fall and in the process of taking DNA from all the people on the island they have been looking for someone to match the profile of the CCTV footage of the ASian man fleeing. Not that hard to do as most Asian men look like this. The one thing that they(RTP) do seem to be missing is blood stained clothing, cuts or abrasions on the suspects or blood stains in the room or on the motorcycle they own.

Well, out of all this we can surmise two points:-

• The Thai police are corrupt.
  • Under international scrutiny in such a high profile case that was front page news around the globe. Saving face is all the bureaucrats want.

Looks like they may have the right people, but that doesn't change the need do a police reform. Look at how poorly the investigation was handled and look at the levels if mistrust against the police in this case and in general. Something must be done.

Reportedly one of the burmese guys said he saw the british couple having sex prior to deciding to repe and commit the crime. this would mean the woman and man would have each others dna(via epithelial cell shedding and saliva) in their mouths and unless a condom was used there could be dna in the vagina / penis in the same manner as well as possibly dna from saliva / epithelial cells in and around the sex organs as well if there was oral sex. That would at least corroborate the one burmese guys story.

why would those 2 this threaten the tourist (sean mcanna?) over some burmese workers?

hopefully the victims families will demand independent credible analyses and verification.

• Like 1

What goes on in this forum is so disgusting. Why don't you guys just sit and wait and don't spread more and more conpiracions.

No one here in this forum knows if the couple where killed a Thai, Burmese, Cambodians, Farang, Aliens or what ever. It is true that the police made a ruff comment that they can't imagine a thai would do such a crime. Yes we all know that is wrong and a Thai could do such a crime but we also know a burmese could do it and also farang could do something like this. So where is the point that everyone here bashing the whole country. Things like the happen in Europe and America and guess what the murders were also Europeans and Americans.

We have a lot of hobby cops here who think they are so smart. I don't understand what these guys still doin in Thailand...!?

Read my earlier post above. There are objective reasons to disbelieve the current result. More relevantly, there is a reliable way, not involving governments, to verify whether the claimed is correct or not.

Reportedly one of the burmese guys said he saw the british couple having sex prior to deciding to repe and commit the crime. this would mean the woman and man would have each others dna(via epithelial cell shedding and saliva) in their mouths and unless a condom was used there could be dna in the vagina / penis in the same manner as well as possibly dna from saliva / epithelial cells in and around the sex organs as well if there was oral sex. That would at least corroborate the one burmese guys story.

why would those 2 thais threaten the tourist (sean mcanna?) over some burmese workers?

hopefully the victims families will demand independent credible analyses and verification.

Edited by atyclb

UPDATE:

DNA testing matches two migrant workers

10-3-2014-12-08-55-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

KOH TAO: -- The DNA testings of two of the three Myanmar migrant workers arrested by the police yesterday matched the DNA collected from the body of the British tourist raped and killed in Koh Tao on September 15.

Deputy commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol Gen Jakthip Chaichinda, head of the investigation team, said Friday that DNA results of two of the three suspects were confirmed to match the DNA samples collected from the body of Ms Hannah Witheridge, 23.

He said the results showed strongly that two of them are murderers.

He said the police would use this scientific evidence to formally ask the Criminal Court to issue warrants for the arrest of the suspects today.

Prime Minister Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha was notified of the latest result.

Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyos Phumphanmuang was expected to hold a press conference before noon today in Koh Tao to report the finding and the latest investigation if more suspects in addition to the three were involved.

He said latest DNA testings confirmed the two suspects, Newin or Win, and Cho, are the murderers, while the third suspect known as Mao confessed only he played guitar with the two on the log near the scene.

Mao said he left before the murder took place as he had an appointment with his girl friend.

Both Win and Cho also said Mao was not involved, he said.

However Mao would be kept as key witness, he said.

The three are flown from Surat Thani to Koh Tao to reenact the crime late this morning.
(Photo : ThaiPBS file)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dna-testing-matches-two-migrant-workers/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-03

• Like 1

Pretty much all over...bar the shouting, however, I don't think there'll be much opposition or questioning over these arrests and the findings of DNA.

All that remains now is the re-enactment at the site, to convince the judges, and it's game over!!

1. Do you think that any of the Thai authorities involved in this case will see any of disgruntlement and misbelief being voiced here on TV?

2. Do you think it would make much difference if they do see any of it anyway?

3. The British Government ( and other farang authorities and across USA , AUSTRALIASIA and EUROPE ) and medias should really pushing this issue very hard, this happens too often to all farangs in these cases, and many cases never even get scapegoats to throw in as possible suspects and cases are left to wither away all the time.

3. Who do you think would walk into the Thai PM's office and say we are not happy with any of this and strongly suspect a cover up is taking place and 3 wrongly arrested burmese illegal migrant men are about to be punished, so in the interest of dealing with Police corruption in your country as you publicly claim to want to do, we want our own authorities to carry out more stringent and reliable testing. Oh and by the way while we are there we also want to DNA test the relatives of the head of the island.

This is what I would see as the only way to satisfy everyones doubts. but sadly, it will never happen.

Unless I hear a confirmation from the British police or the FBI, I will never believe the results

... and that will never happen, we all know why.

Yes, it's because we can't trust FBI for DNA tests rolleyes.gif

Remember when they couldn't say if it was the white guy or the black guy ? wink.png

Sorry, but this crime is real life, not stupid American TV series.

Edit: Well done Thai police smile.png

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 1

"I think the tourist confidence will improve," Kobkarn Wattanavarangkul, Minister of Tourism and Sports told AFP, hours after the apparent confessions.

I hope not, I hope you lose billions.

"The issue of tourist security is very important to us," she said.

Stop lying. Tourist dollar is very important to you.

• Like 1

Okay.
But it should perhaps begin by quoting the authors of hateful comments involving our host country, its police and integrity.
Discussions with pub drinkers that regulate the problems of the world in 5 minutes and 2 beers have always been ridiculous. But in this case on Thai Visa was well over the line.
Most indecent is that they seem to be the majority here ...

As I said earlier there are objective reasons to disbelieve the DNA testing. Read my earlier post/comment on this thread from a few minutes ago.

well done!

and done in the Thai way!!

I love it!!!

it's one reason I stay, anaother reason I love this place.

Seriously Maco? Have you been following any of the information about this case?

I hope you were saying this "tongue and cheek", because if you weren't then all i can say is...pitiful...pitiful!!!