Food court tables

SoiBiker

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wonder what the OP's reaction woulld be if he went to a hotel swimming pool and found that every single sun lounger had been reserved by a German or Russian placing a towell on it whilst they (the German or Russian) went away to go on a tour, shopping, or have a meal in the dining room.

A pretty typical scenario, unfortunately.

• Like 1

I wonder what the OP's reaction woulld be if he went to a hotel swimming pool and found that every single sun lounger had been reserved by a German or Russian placing a towell on it whilst they (the German or Russian) went away to go on a tour, shopping, or have a meal in the dining room.

A pretty typical scenario, unfortunately.
havnt really found that true of Germans, had a German plumber come to do some work once, he connected the gas to the water supply, suppose old habits die hard..

I'm curious though - how can you tell what nationality they are from their towels?

You can tell their nationality in the morning when they come down and

"reserve" a chair with a towel and then go away to do something else.

Do you wait around to confirm your suspicions? Or just assume you were right?

I encountered that phenomenon almost 20 years ago at a Pattaya hotel pool. I was going for a swim when the pool opened at 8AM. There was no one at the pool but there was not one of many lounge chairs that had not been fitted with 2 towels. I pushed the towels aside on one chair for my belongings and then went for a swim. When I came out and was sitting on the edge of the chair to dry-off someone came out and said "That's my chair! That's my towel!" A discussion ensued. Definitely German.

Ignorant but smugly convinced they're correct. Thai visa in a nutshell. Bravo, chaps.

You summed yourself up well. Surprised you didnt get one of your hooker jibes in, poor show old boy.
  • Like 2

So much hate and bitterness over so trivial an event.

Get a life!

This is his life. Food Courts and bicycles.

Can't be much worse than a dude with 2500 board posts in under 7 mos.

Says the poster who spoofs.

Any recent identity theft?

• Like 1

OP, why not hop on your bike & go & have a picnic somewhere ? Plenty of ground to sit on, put your brolly wherever you like, no nasty crowds.

I'm with Costas, not sure what you're on about.

But have a great day anyway.

Cheers..... Mal.

Do your wives cut it up and feed it to you too, or can you manage that for yourselves?

OP... you really are becoming a bore. You don't seem to realize most are taking the piss out of you. Why do you keep answering & giving everyone a bigger target to shoot at ? Your original post was pointless. Your responses are immature. I hope you're cycling is of a higher standard than your contribution to TV.

For the record.... just so any pointless response can be based on fact..... I live with my Thai g/f in rural Isaan. She is a farm "lady, grandmother". I enjoy a coldie or two most evenings. We enjoy a night out at a restaurant occasionally. We eat at food courts often, I've never taken a brolly. Oh, I also cycle, amongst other physical activities. Feed it to me..... it has been known for me to feed it to her sometimes but I think that subject is better kept to ourselves for personal & censorship reasons.

Hope all have a great day.... I know I will.

Cheers..... Mal.

I never have problems at the food courts, although I admit to not using them much in recent years. Normally, if tableS,are full, women signal for me to join them and youngsters vacate their seats for me......grown men run when they see me approaching.

OP, much ado about nothing, me suspects.

Next thread for you ? I suspect, 'Some b@stard stole my brolly' or something similar.

You should read my, angels are singing thread, try and work out if it's really about angels or angles and report back. Better luck at the food court......some of you should really stay at home, the home country, that is ;):)

• Like 1

So, you've gone to the food court for lunch, but wow, it's busy in here! Where are we going to sit when all the tables are taken?

Phew, here's an empty one now. What a stroke of luck! Oh look, they forgot their umbrella. Never mind, let's just sit down and enjoy our meal.

Sound familiar? If it does, try paying attention to the way things are done here. I'm sick of walking around like an idiot with my soup going cold because some old farang can't figure out the way food courts work.

Mind you, considering the stone-faced 'deleted' attitude they tend to display, I suspect they know the rules, they just don't think they should apply to them.

You guys should really get out of the bars more often.

Well op I suggest you need to see a doctor about that chip on your shoulder. You know, the one which makes you spout all the above generalisations about "the farang". May I also suggest not eating in food courts as the food is of low quality and start cooking your own food. This would help you and the general population as you eat healthy food and we in turn don't have to be around such a grouch. Just saying.

• Like 1

• People who frequent bars
  • People who sunbathe
  • Retirees
  • People who marry younger (farm) women
  • People whose wives do the running around
  • People with unbrellas

Have all come under the OP's scorn here though I'd reckon they could all easily get a seat at the sort of nasty, grimy, greasy, reeking, cheap food court the OP is so smug about having frequented for a year (even though most of their "farm girl" wives would probably kill them at the mere suggestion of going to a food court). I bet he even slups his slop like a 'local' too.....

I am not sure where most of these anti - food court people live? But the food court in MBK and nearby shopping areas are very good quality and offer a range of different dishes from Asia and beyond. Western standard kitchens that are a lot more hygienic than the normal side of the road Thai restaurant.