Food court tables

SoiBiker

My pet hate - sometimes- is the chair and/or table itself ---how many time have you sat down for a meal to find you are just about chin height to the table --a bit of an exaggeration--but you know what I mean mad.gif

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think the umbrella shout was sombody tryin to deflect the heat off the op..

Have you read the whole thread? The brollie allusion is central to the whole discussion.

Brolly deflecting the heat !!!

lanng khao, sad as it seems you may have to stick a smiley face on to your posts .....

I don't find the comment about the umbrella the slightest bit funny? Its so oblivious it blindingly unfunny/.....d

Have you read the whole thread? The brollie allusion is central to the whole discussion.

lanng khao, sad as it seems you may have to stick a smiley face on to your posts .....

I don't find the comment about the umbrella the slightest bit funny? Its so oblivious it blindingly unfunny/.....d

Which comment about the umbrella?

My pet hate - sometimes- is the chair and/or table itself ---how many time have you sat down for a meal to find you are just about chin height to the table --a bit of an exaggeration--but you know what I mean mad.gif

Hey, Buckaroo, no, I can't really say I know what you mean. Sitting down at a table to find you are just about chin height to the table???!! What?!

it was fukin comedy genius and you know it..

Who said it was funny ?

Hey, Buckaroo, no, I can't really say I know what you mean. Sitting down at a table to find you are just about chin height to the table???!! What?!
yano what my pet hate is, when you pinch the back of its sack, yelps like fuk..

That has never happened to me, and I'm not particularly tall.... or short... .

yano what my pet hate is, when you pinch the back of its sack, yelps like fuk..

Chair too low most times-- am I the only one that this happens to ?? not a big thing--just a passing comment

Yes I notice this regularly with people only 3'1" tall.

• Like 2

Yes, I saw seating was limited. Which is why I made sure I found a table before getting my food. That's how it works.

I never use food courts because I do not like the system of queueing for a ticket, then maybe queueing again for your food, then hoping to find a table, which by the time you get your food, some friends keep the seats for those behind you in the ticket queue. I wonder if that's how it's supposed to work.

Please help me here, what is the OP complaining about?

The shortage of sits in food courts?

His soup going cold?

His umbrella on a table, with an attempt to reserve it?

The farang that doesn't know how the food hall works?

Or the stone-faced 'screw you' attitude of a farang?

I would appreciate your help as I'm a little confused here.

I'm not sure how the system works in Thailand, but in the UK, there were times when I queued for my food, then went to a seat at a table, someone would say to me "That's someones seat" I would say, "that someone is behind me in the queue still waiting for their food, there are no more seats available, so I will take this one".

I think he is inferring he is a midget

• Like 1

I think he is inferring he is a midget

Don't be so discriminatory he could be a midget, dwarf, gnome or even a hobbit.

• Like 1

I'm not much of a food court guy, but the one at terminal 21 is very good. And it's cheaper than most other food courts

Yes, but imagine waiting in the queues I have seen there when you are hungry, not queueing once but twice.

I'm not much of a food court guy, but the one at terminal 21 is very good. And it's cheaper than most other food courts

Yes, but imagine waiting in the queues I have seen there when you are hungry, not queueing once but twice.

That's why you buy a card with a few hundred baht on it, so you don't have to queue up every time you go.

That's why you buy a card with a few hundred baht on it, so you don't have to queue up every time you go.

That's a good idea, I never thought about that, so those tickets don't go out of date then?

That's a good idea, I never thought about that, so those tickets don't go out of date then?

You don't get tickets any more - they use smart cards now.

The card expires eventually, I think it's good for something like a month.

If I go to any bangkok foodcourt at 12 midday I will expect to see 30-50% of the tables occupied by items such as:

umbrellas

iphones

tablets

bags

ID necklace badges

Pads of paper

etc

One of them will also have my umbrella. If someone took my table I would tell them to please move and if they did not I would accidentally spill my soup on them. I actually live in hope of being able to do this. 45 baht very well spent in a lesson in manners.

Edited by OxfordWill

If I go to any bangkok foodcourt at 12 midday I will expect to see 30-50% of the tables occupied by items such as:

umbrellas

iphones

tablets

bags

ID necklace badges

Pads of paper

etc

One of them will also have my umbrella. If someone took my table I would tell them to please move and if they did not I would accidentally spill my soup on them. I actually live in hope of being able to do this. 45 baht very well spent in a lesson in manners.

you do that you won't just take on the little old thai fella you do it to, you will take on the whole food hall, best of luck to ya..
  • Like 1