PM will reward police team for resolving Koh Tao murder case

Lite Beer

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reward? For doing job as they are paid and sworn to do( if it is proven some have done). Wonder what sort of "reward"? Maybe a free reign to run some "business in some designated area"

As you know silence and cover-up cost extra.

I don't know if you can see the history of my posts, but I generally only post when I have something informative or positive to say. My mother taught me "if you have nothing good to say, say nothing at all". I've been a member for many years and have relatively few posts.

Also, if you can review my previous posts, you'll see that I've never engaged in "recreational Thai bashing". Indeed, you'll see that I've generally defended Thais. I believe to this day (having lived here 8 years) that the average Thai is a very caring and moral person.

I won't defend their driving habits, but that another issue. I will also say that the police are the last people here I would call for help; that, also, is another issue.

I love living in this tropical paradise among some of the most beautiful people I've ever known; that's why I'm here and hope to never leave. For sure I'm not living in Kansas anymore Toto, but everyday is a bit of new adventure and I love it.

"Foreigners" are always an easy scapegoat anywhere, not just here. For sure, sometimes they are the culprits. My own personal experience is that my next eldest brother was murdered by Nicaraguans in Los Angeles (who fled the country the same day). Sure it happens.

All that said, I have some very disturbing "gut feel" ("sniff test") concerns about what is happening here. We should not forget that migrant workers are probably here just trying to find a better life for their families back home, which I think any of us would be doing in similar circumstances.

I simply hope that the real culprits are identified, and most importantly, the families involved can find some peace and closure.

So its all based on this feeling you have something is not right .

Yes its easy to think this is a setup , very easy TIT. I try to look at it from both sides.

If you think they planted the DNA on scapegoats to fool the whole world, fine thats your privilege to think that , together with a whole bunch of other expats and Thais who feel the same as you do.

Of course migrant workers are in Thailand to find a better life.

But a killer can be anyone , what is the fact here is that 80% of the workers on this island are immigrants , not thais At least thats a fact . So why would a hi so influential Thai destroy his business and the whole reputation of the family business by suddenly kill two tourists?

So if we look at the odds here , I would say its more likely that the arrested guys did it than they are picked as scapegoats after a 3 week chase by RTP,

Why would their heir to Red Bull drive over a cop in Ferrari? and then simply drive away.

Why would any number of Hi-so crimes be committed if they have so much to lose?

Answer, they can't lose? In fact being untouchable makes them much more likely to commit crime.

Why does a dog lick his balls? Because he can.

• Like 2

Mr Case officer,

Please read the Red Bull Grandson killing a police officer in Bangkok.

As a fellow Police Officer you MAY think slightly diffrent about your Thai opposite numbers.

One of there own was killed by a drug and dring crazed fool ( alledgedly) and they have FAILED to investigate.

The Royal Thai Police Force FAILED to investigate one of there own, so what chance has 2 British subjects got on holiday.

OVER and OUT

As a former case officer dealing with murders in the UK, any police force has to be painstakingly thorough when investigating murder. It is not made any easier when the media are clambering for answers - any case officer is between a rock and a hard place, believe me. Personally, I believe the Royal Thai Police have done a good job so far in detecting and charging three suspects with the murder of these two Brits.

Only the subsequent trial and hopefully conviction of one or more of the suspects will go to show how thorough the investigation went. I am glad the General has stated openly that the investigation team has worked hard and maybe 'rewarded'. A 'reward' may not be any more than recognised Police Commendations for the investigating officers - often done in the UK and elsewhere.

In many murder investigations there are many services engaged, including the Forensic Service, which is obviously a very important part of this murder investigation because of the reliance of corroborating DNA evidence, and possibly other evidence that the police are, quite rightly,holding back on divulging to the media.

'Bashing' the investigation team is totally unhelpful, without first hand knowledge of the progress of any investigation. In a tourist spot, this is made very difficult because the population is transient, especially with (illegal?) migrant workers engaged in the tourist industry. As I said earlier, investigation has to be painstakingly thorough to achieve the right result - time will tell, but with 'confessions' and re-enactments to be tested in a Court of law and with the level of media interest in this case, I am sure the general public will learn more.

Excuse me Mr.Case officer but your judgement about the RTP is just horrific optimistic

This I did not expect from the PM

Looked like he did a good job - until now

I am very disappointed

As am I. I have now lost all faith in the general and it is now quite obvious that absolutely nothing will change in Thailand.

Yes, looks like the tough talks about being fair, unbiased and taking no sides were just nothing but empty hot air. My respect for this man has gone out the window. Every last remaining bits of it.

Stop the Thai bashing , if you don't like it why you're staying in Thailand? Go home to your perfect western world.

I am leaving Thailand. But not to my perfect western country. But to another Asian country where I feel more safe than in Thailand. Where the people can not kill me, my children, or my friends or my family and get away with it.

Happy now Balo?

No regards

Martin

Which country? I have been looking for 8 years and didn't find one that would give you what you are looking for.

It should be possible to raise sufficient funds to provide a very good lawyer for the two suspects simply through crowd funding. There are good international human rights lawyers who would take this on.

OMG! Are you one of those liberal lefties that are all over the EU like a rash? Everything has to do 'with human rights'. The latest PC mantra of the numbties - even call for HR for ISIS and other similar nutters.

This is a criminal case, should be tried in a criminal court in accordance with Thai criminal law. Nothing to do with HR lawyers, Amnesty International, Wikilleaks, or any other country for that matter.

You've already made up you mind they are 100% innocent. No doubt you think you know whose guilty. Trial by media and political correctness eh? No wonder justice is blind.

I surely hope he is accepting something that can be proven to be real and not a stitch-up to expedite a solution to this investigation - if not, he will certainly have a lot on egg-on-face to clean up.

Charged ain't convicted.

But then again, T.I.T.

Upon conviction by a just court of law, I'm sure he meant.

The trial and conviction of the suspects seems to be missing. I'm sure that would be required before praise or rewards can be dished out. Sounds like the outcome of the trial has already been prejudged if not prearranged.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Absolutely!,,,, people are all "OH those poor scapegoats!",,,,,, "poor" I doubt, their families will get a nice big chunk o change, They'll be convicted, sentenced, spend a short time in prison, then be quietly released/deported, told NEVER to return,,,, Any journalist that attempts to contact them in prison will be told, "Sorry, because of the serious nature of their crimes, they aren't allowed any outside contact",,,, OR better,, "they were killed in prison by other prisoners because they were rapists",,,, complete and utter BS!!!!

Edited by Adeeos

In the UK yes you do get commendations but the police in the UK are in the majority not corrupt

In the UK weed out corrupt officers they are summerly punished and dismissed

In thailand police coruption is common place and openly practiced, if you get caught you moved to a desk job, only drug running seems to be frowned upon by police officers

and i mean no disrespect but once a policeman always a policeman and you will alway come down on there side in what ever country,

policing should have guide set standards through out the world,

You must admit this case has huge holes in it this would not have bo so if the Thai police was more transparent,

it seems that Thai police seem to think they can achieve the correct results even though they are 30 years behind in the techknowlegy of catching the correct villian,

but they have a reputation for scapegoating

Hence confession intimadation bribery and of coarse the gun(and rubber hoses) are the main insturment in there limited arsenal

they just cant see that this case has wider implications the world in my view see how this case has been investgated

even if (when) these 2 are convicted there will be a lot of sceptics and they will vote by not coming here all it would take to satisfy sceptics and there are a lot was to corroborate evidence by a third party outside thailand,

but that will not happen because there are discrepances

the glaring one is the DNA testing on Kao Tao

my advice for what its worth is if a forien national if murdered then invite the police ot that nation to assist

this would greatly increase there standing build bridges, but 9i think that would be asking to much here as the biggest problem here is FACE SAVING

As a former case officer dealing with murders in the UK, any police force has to be painstakingly thorough when investigating murder. It is not made any easier when the media are clambering for answers - any case officer is between a rock and a hard place, believe me. Personally, I believe the Royal Thai Police have done a good job so far in detecting and charging three suspects with the murder of these two Brits.

Only the subsequent trial and hopefully conviction of one or more of the suspects will go to show how thorough the investigation went. I am glad the General has stated openly that the investigation team has worked hard and maybe 'rewarded'. A 'reward' may not be any more than recognised Police Commendations for the investigating officers - often done in the UK and elsewhere.

In many murder investigations there are many services engaged, including the Forensic Service, which is obviously a very important part of this murder investigation because of the reliance of corroborating DNA evidence, and possibly other evidence that the police are, quite rightly,holding back on divulging to the media.

'Bashing' the investigation team is totally unhelpful, without first hand knowledge of the progress of any investigation. In a tourist spot, this is made very difficult because the population is transient, especially with (illegal?) migrant workers engaged in the tourist industry. As I said earlier, investigation has to be painstakingly thorough to achieve the right result - time will tell, but with 'confessions' and re-enactments to be tested in a Court of law and with the level of media interest in this case, I am sure the general public will learn more.

I'm not experienced nor qualified to pass judegment on any of the circumstances and outcomes concerning this tragic double-murder.

I will leave that to those that are better experienced and qualified, be it real of self imagined.

Reward? For doing job as they are paid and sworn to do( if it is proven some have done). Wonder what sort of "reward"? Maybe a free reign to run some "business in some designated area"

It would be nice if the AC Bar was put on the World Heritage List and the owner receive the Joan Crawford parenting award for 2014.

With total censorship of the press, TV, Radio and social media, where to you feel the "Public Will Learn The Truth?"

Stop the Thai bashing , if you don't like it why you're staying in Thailand? Go home to your perfect western world.

Oh.... My.... God....

Having read most of your posts I thought you were just a thai sympathiser but now I realise that you're either thai or delusional.

'If you don't like it, go home'? Ring any bells for anyone?

Plenty of Thais are questioning all this. Perhaps you are the delusional one.

• Like 1

I surely hope he is accepting something that can be proven to be real and not a stitch-up to expedite a solution to this investigation - if not, he will certainly have a lot on egg-on-face to clean up.

Charged ain't convicted.

But then again, T.I.T.

No, this is Thai visa. Suspicon is as good as guilt for many of the mob here.