Thailand beach murders: Police defend bizarre public 'reconstruction' of slayings by suspects

Lite Beer

They made it a show, unknowingly to the dismay of all the world.

But that's how their minds work.

Just get somebody that is not Thai to get rid of these pesky foreigners bothering us to solve the murder.

I am a father also, and I feel deeply for the parents of the girl and the boy and I would never rest till the real murderers are found.

I don't believe a word of what the Thai police is saying.

The BIB going to these extreme lengths to save face and half-ass verifying the facts make them more guilty than the real culprits.

Cry,Thailand again being its self.

• Like 1

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but the RTP keep getting deeper and deeper into shiiiit. Remember ALL these GENERALS started out taking tea money and payola as rookie cons/cops. They've had twenty to thirty years to perfect lying and scamming.

Follow the money.

Oh no no no. That would never do.

Why, you cant climb the pyramid right to the very top. Vertigo would overcome you.

Besides the Supreme Commander of Police Dept and his Police Commissioner General may take exception to that. And rightly so. I wish them every success on the yellow-bricked road to reform.

I have not closely followed the details of this case. It does make reasonable sense to me that a couple of poorly paid immigrant workers -- who maybe have gone without sex for weeks or months or more -- could be on the beach at 4 AM drunk and/or doing drugs and could be sent into a frenzy when they realize two farangs are having sex on the beach close to them with the resultant outcome. It does not make much sense to me that a wealthy Thai scion of the local bigwigs who can get laid any time he wants would have a similar reaction if he stumbles upon the same couple under the same circumstances.

You're completing missing the point. Have you ever seen a Thai man's reaction to a little loss of face? Especially a wealthy and self entitled Thai man? Especially in the South.

Look at the horrific pictures. It wasn't about sex. It was about horrible emotions of insane violence.

Yes, I agree. Look at the pics. of the woman...The attack was of intense hate/aggression. If she was propositioned earlier and she refused (maybe she added more to her negative response) the Thai fellow (mafia?) could of been overly incensed That could of sparked the whole event for the deranged fellow to stalk her and then seeing buddy (Brit) trying to do his thing; rage ensued. Speculation...but how this case was apparently solved doesn't make much sense...this should be the case to once and for all show the corruption and ineptitude of the Thai authorities I believe people should boycott visiting the island until the case is reopened and done properly and honestly.

• Like 2

Knowing the risks of framing / tampering in Thai, the British embassy supported by UK police should have secured DNA samples and early findings within 24/48 hours ..haven't they learn anything from the McCann case in Portugal ..

This is all so wrong.its the Thais saying the DNA matches,how do we know,has anyone from the FCO been present when DNA was taken from the alleged attackers ,has their DNA been taken at all or do we just go on the RTP word.

I've had dealings with the RTP and the DSI and this is just all to convenient.

• Like 1

Please, can a real journalist look into a few basic questions and publish in a major newspaper?

1. Is it true that the victim's phone was handed over to police by her friend the day after the murder? Is this is same phone the police claim was found behind the room belonging to the suspects?

2. Since the suspects worked at the very same bar that the victims were at that night, and since they didn't flee, how is it possible that the initial blanket DNA tests did not find a match?!?

3. Is it true that relatives of prominent families on the island were exempted from giving DNA? If so, why? What law requires poor people to give DNA, but excuses rich people.

I know there are many, many more unanswered questions, but these stand out for me.

I would happily donate to a legal fund for defense for these guys. Perhaps an NGO can set that up here?

certainly looks like her phone

attachicon.gif10696410_544136825733036_6257514451821271643_n.jpg

It certainly looks like a "thing", identical to millions of other "things" owned by millions of other people.

Two photos, each with an object encircled in red. Neither of the objects looks like a mobile phone to me.

The object in the top photo might be a spectacle case. The one in the photo has the shape of a rectangular black brick, looks like with a range of red LED lights along one of the short sides. I have a power pack for recharging mobile devices looking like that, but with LEDs of a different colour.

I would say very clearly thats a phone inside a leather 'folio' case.. Looks like an Iphone 4 or 5 to me.

Proverbs 24:20 For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out.

Evil men will be rewarded, one way or the other. God will reward wicked men with grief, pain, and death. He will cut their lives off and send their souls down to eternal torment.

This verse is the second half of a proverb. Here is the first half: “Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked” (Pr 24:19). You should not worry or be jealous watching evil men prosper; God will not allow them to have a good ending.

When Solomon wrote here that an evil man will have no reward, he meant a good reward; he meant blessing and favor from heaven. God will not reward evil men with such good things – He will reward them with punishment to painfully destroy them, as stated in the last clause. God will put out their candle: He will end their wicked lives.

Well, he ends everybody's life. Like the Law of Karma, he seems to be content to let some evil people prosper mightily up until that time. I'm thinking particularly, here, of Henry Kissinger, Dick Cheney, David Addington, John Brenner, and a cast of thousands. The Thai saying, "Do good, receive good; do evil, receive evil," passes over something the Buddha taught: you never know when the fruits of karma are going to arise. The evil man who prospers once did good and happens to be getting his reward now. The good man who suffers once did evil, and happens to be getting his reward now. The original karma may have occurred millions of lives ago. Only a fully Enlightened One can know. Personally, I find the Buddhist view more satisfying than the Christian one, where god does the punishing after you're dead.

Aside from all that, thank you for the quote. I would not have thought to look it up myself, and it's good to be reminded that there are things in the Bible that I actually like.

This is all so wrong.its the Thais saying the DNA matches,how do we know,has anyone from the FCO been present when DNA was taken from the alleged attackers ,has their DNA been taken at all or do we just go on the RTP word.

I've had dealings with the RTP and the DSI and this is just all to convenient.

Why would the FCO need to be present when DNA was taken from Burmese citizens, by the Thai police, in Thailand? blink.png

all of this Thai bashing, is really getting to be too much! Let the police do their work, and stay out of this! This murder, should have never been a topic, open for discussion on this forum. All of the negative bs from TV members has hurt the investigation, I am really embarrassed for some of you, you are really setting back, Thai, Farang relations!! How would you like it if foreigners came to your home country and continually insulted you, calling you stupid and worse. This is a everyday occurrence on TV, I only hope that Thai people are not reading these derogatory comments. Please remember, that Thailand is our host country, and that we are guests, and if we don't like it, then we need to go!

What an idiot. Why are you on this forum? Go talk to you Thai friends and tell them your point.

I don't agree, I think the pendulum has swung too far the other way, there's nothing that the Thai police could do these days that would satisfy a majority of posters on this forum, they wiil always be guilty because of the past and despite any evidence.

Yet given that reasonable doubt.. And given how simple it is, if they really do have the killers, to welcome an independent 3rd party to repeat the DNA testing.. How simple it would be to preserve their own face and establish beyond reasonable doubt.

This TIT, here we don't have any reasonable doubt, we are the hub of correct, honest and thorough investigations, it's a shame the rest of the world doesn't follow our example. However, we have been known to fudge just a little but it's always only in the interest and fairness of a pre-determined outcome.

• Like 1

If Thai officialdom think this is the way to settle it and believe tourists will return now the case is "solved" they are sadly mistaken.

This is the start of a new chapter and social media will not leave this alone, I think the UK press are going to feed on this for some time and Thailand will suffer more embarrassment. Weather they care about international opinion or not.

The Sky News reporter who stepped in to her own story should be ashamed of herself.

Doesn't matter and certainly is not the main issue, the whole thing was a circus and a big joke to begin with.

No disrespect has been given from the Sky News reporter compared to how the Thai authorities dealt with this case.

Please, can a real journalist look into a few basic questions and publish in a major newspaper?

1. Is it true that the victim's phone was handed over to police by her friend the day after the murder? Is this is same phone the police claim was found behind the room belonging to the suspects?

2. Since the suspects worked at the very same bar that the victims were at that night, and since they didn't flee, how is it possible that the initial blanket DNA tests did not find a match?!?

3. Is it true that relatives of prominent families on the island were exempted from giving DNA? If so, why? What law requires poor people to give DNA, but excuses rich people.

I know there are many, many more unanswered questions, but these stand out for me.

I would happily donate to a legal fund for defense for these guys. Perhaps an NGO can set that up here?

certainly looks like her phone

attachicon.gif10696410_544136825733036_6257514451821271643_n.jpg

It is her phone. Interesting to find out where it now.

Jaktip Chaijinda, deputy head of national police, said a quick resolution of the case would result in a speedy recovery of tourist numbers.

He went on: “Today the case should be finished. We want to clear it up as soon as possible so our tourist industry can bounce back.”

This seems to say it all

• Like 1

RTP plant drugs all the time on people stopped at RTP check points...for a few thousand Baht. How hard is it to believe that they would not cover up a rich mans sons crime for millions of Baht.

In ten years here full time and a further ten years part time, I've never had that happen to me, never seen it happen to anyone else and never heard of it happening to anyone, not even family members in the village. Are you sure you're OK!

• Like 1