Thailand beach murders: Police defend bizarre public 'reconstruction' of slayings by suspects

Lite Beer

Who knows, maybe those Burmese boys are guilty, maybe not.
Maybe the headman's son is guilty, maybe not

But who ever is guilty, any decent lawyer should get them off the hook
as the investigating authorities have worked in such an unprofessional
manner, they would not have a solid case in a "real" court.

BUT

as the legislative, executive and judicial branch of this government is all
one and the same, there will not be transparent, real justice.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CSI LA states: "I have a reason to believe that Sean McAnna saw what happened and was there when David was murdered by a push knife. You can clearly see that Sean suffered the same type of stab wound as David. Please pressure Scotland Yard and Interpol to search for Sean McAnna. He is the key witness in this case."

Left photo shows Davids lower jaw. The stab wounds are clearly visible... any questions pigboxer and other doubters?

1800482_709211102489951_3880485374870448

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

I come late to this thread ... 17 pages in, so I apologize for probably making the same point that others have made. But according to the police theory, the sequence of events was:

1. They killed David

2. They raped Hannah, while pausing for a smoke

3. They killed Hannah

So during the killing of David and during the rapes, Hannah was silent? As I understand it, nowhere is very far from anywhere on Koh Tao, but (as far as I have read) there have been no witnesses who reported hearing screams.

Seems dubious to me!

Was Hannahs DNA found on the cigarette butt as well?

Edited by loonodingle

CSI LA states: "I have a reason to believe that Sean McAnna saw what happened and was there when David was murdered by a push knife. You can clearly see that Sean suffered the same type of stab wound as David. Please pressure Scotland Yard and Interpol to search for Sean McAnna. He is the key witness in this case."

Left photo shows Davids lower jaw. The stab wounds are clearly visible... any questions pigboxer and other doubters?

I have always maintained that he was there.

This commentary from CSI just confirms what I believed.

Sean must step forward but I believe he may feel complicit in some way. I think he was with David when they possibly heard Hannah's screams Sean was scared off after the first stab wound and David stayed to defend Hannah. There are people that know the truth about this and it is their moral obligation to step forward now that potentially two innocents will be executed.

Whatever they are being told by the Foreign Office they cannot stay quiet now. it will be too late if they do as they are told and save their information for Thailand island "due process".

Which is precisely why panaorama or 60 minutes or any investigative journalists should be here now.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Some really good news:

Rights group arranges lawyers for Myanmar men

A team of lawyers has been sent to help the two migrant Myanmar workers being charged with murdering two British tourists and raping one of them on Koh Tao, a prominent activist for the rights of migrant workers said yesterday.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Rights-group-arranges-lawyers-for-Myanmar-men-30244775.html

This is exactly what is needed to keep this in the public eye. Positive news indeed happy.png

Hog Wash!

And what "Rights" did the Victims have?

And do you actually believe for even 1 seconds that a group of Lawyers (of all people) would travel all this way to the island to work for free to help a couple of Poor Migrant Workers, they don't even know, out of the kindness of their hearts? Would You? Double Hog Wash! Now let me tell you why they are really their.

This case has attracted a lot of world wide media attention. It goes without saying that any Lawyer who works on this case would obviously attract some of this attention to. As a result, this Lawyer will later become a High Profile Lawyer, who now can attract High Profile Clients at High Profile Fees. How many chances in a Life Time do you think an average Lawyer has to represent such a high profile case?

So this news isn't about some Lawyer helping some poor migrants get a fair trial and justice. Where justice is already written in the Thai Law Books, which is the Death Penalty or minimum Life imprisonment, for these devilish acts of crime. It is about Fame, Greed and Money, and some Lawyer having a chance to better is career. Only a Fool would think otherwise.

I disagree its Hog Wash.

The victims rights are important. I agree. Most importantly Hannah and David's family's rights are the most important at the moment.

Because of some inconsistencies It is of the utmost importance that the family feel they have justice. I for one would be happy to pull the trigger on these 2 lads if they are found by clear evidence guilty of this horrific crime.

But I am sitting the fence. Until such time as conclusive evidence is set in stone. A confession is partway there but if you have been around Thailand for a while you know otherwise than to believe everything wouldn't you agree?

Lawyers trying to be high profile and make lots of money...... that's a laugh... Your way of the mark there.

In fact if a team of lawyers proved that they have the wrong culprits then a price would be on their head I don't doubt. There would be uproar and they will probably have to live in fear for the rest of their lives.

There's been several cases of lawyers disappearing or getting a bullet in the head in cases in Thailand.

So I think your statements holds no water at all.

• Like 1

The Sky News reporter who stepped in to her own story should be ashamed of herself.

A person needs to possess the most basic level of "cognitive processing" ability, to comprehend that such behavior, as a professional journalist, is inappropriate. Shame (in Asia cultures) is directly associated with the pretentious "loss of face" mentality syndrome? That Sky News reporter is a product of "fundamental" Asian culture, together with her entire constituency. It will NEVER change.coffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

I have always maintained that he was there.

This commentary from CSI just confirms what I believed.

Sean must step forward but I believe he may feel complicit in some way. I think he was with David when they possibly heard Hannah's screams Sean was scared off after the first stab wound and David stayed to defend Hannah. There are people that know the truth about this and it is their moral obligation to step forward now that potentially two innocents will be executed.

Whatever they are being told by the Foreign Office they cannot stay quiet now. it will be too late if they do as they are told and save their information for Thailand island "due process".

Which is precisely why panaorama or 60 minutes or any investigative journalists should be here now.

What most seems to forget is that there are several days between the murder and when Sean McAnna fleed the Island...

The pictures put together by armchair detectives may looks convincing but does in no way place Sean at the site of the murders.

The wound on Sean would look much different as it would be around a week old

However it could be argued that Sean possibly was attcacked by the same kind of weapon as used on Davis..but then it would be a week after the murders..

The interview given by Sean shows one hell of a scared kiddie , his body langauge in this interview is very clear , for those who knows of Kinetics you may try looking the interviews with Mon & the Headman and see a different picture

Anyway..allways keep an open mind

A post containing content from Bangkok Post has been removed as well as the replies:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com

This current civilization is insane enough, to begin with. FYI (to all westerners)- live, in fear of the possible the day, that either the Chinese, or the Muslims become the rulers of this planet. I thank my lucky stars, that I'll be long gone from this world, in the event that either of those two debacles comes to pass,coffee1.gif

Edited by TuskegeeBen

The RTP must learn to control the mouths of their officers to stop the proliferation of misleading comments and accusations that have fueled all this. Some people here a snippet here, read a fb post there, and if it matches their world view and biases quote it as undeniable fact. Any comments that don't support their view must be lies and form part of some great conspiracy.

Has Mr. McAnna actually produced any evidence to support his comments? Does he seem a really credible witness?

Did the taxi drive offer any proof of his alleged beating in the attempt to bribe him to pervert the course of justice?

Has any body actually got evidence, real evidence, that boiling or other torture was used to extract confessions?

Has any body real evidence that the DNA tests of the influential Thai suspects were carried out? And what the results were?

Why is 2 minutes of a CCTV video film edited out? What do they show?

Why did a suspect keep out of sight for 10 days or so, then release some very dodgy CCTV images at a somewhat contrived media conference, where his mum issued a veiled warning on the defamation laws to the media?

How could 2 people have murdered 2 other people, with no noise to attract any attention? Difficult even with weapons, unless they pounced and knocked them out suddenly? Will the details of how the Burmese claim to have carried this out be made public, not the silly re-enactment?

Will the business about the phone be cleared up?

Agree with your entire post, but sorry too long to quote in it's entirety...

Two points I think are missing:

Why did the police announce that 'Win' had confessed and implicated two accomplices, but only hours later the story changed and only two were charged? 'Win' being one of them.

There appear to be stab wounds on the victim (explained by Catweazle 17:21) matching those on Sean - but no use of such weapon was described in the re-enactment.

Other than this I think the most vital bit of evidence is the unedited cctv footage. If it's still in existence.

The RTP must learn to control the mouths of their officers to stop the proliferation of misleading comments and accusations that have fueled all this. Some people here a snippet here, read a fb post there, and if it matches their world view and biases quote it as undeniable fact. Any comments that don't support their view must be lies and form part of some great conspiracy.

Has Mr. McAnna actually produced any evidence to support his comments? Does he seem a really credible witness?

Did the taxi drive offer any proof of his alleged beating in the attempt to bribe him to pervert the course of justice?

Has any body actually got evidence, real evidence, that boiling or other torture was used to extract confessions?

Has any body real evidence that the DNA tests of the influential Thai suspects were carried out? And what the results were?

Why did a suspect keep out of sight for 10 days or so, then release some very dodgy CCTV images at a somewhat contrived media conference, where his mum issued a veiled warning on the defamation laws to the media?

How could 2 people have murdered 2 other people, with no noise to attract any attention? Difficult even with weapons, unless they pounced and knocked them out suddenly? Will the details of how the Burmese claim to have carried this out be made public, not the silly re-enactment?

Will the business about the phone be cleared up?...

Why did the police announce that 'Win' had confessed and implicated two accomplices, but only hours later the story changed and only two were charged? 'Win' being one of them.

There appear to be stab wounds on the victim (explained by Catweazle 17:21) matching those on Sean - but no use of such weapon was described in the re-enactment.

Other than this I think the most vital bit of evidence is the unedited cctv footage. If it's still in existence.

Please continue to request that we have access to the missing two minutes of CCTV footage.

This cannot be forgotten.

Please continue to request that we have access to the missing two minutes of CCTV footage.

I agree. Changing their story about the allegations of them planting hannah's phone does not solve the other inconsistencies!!

Where is the authenticated timestamped video of potential suspect at bangkok university? Does it exist? Even if the still i have seen is authentic , it is dated 0916am. Plenty of time to get a speedboat to samui and one of the first flights of the day into bangkok.

Where is the missing two minutes from that night?????Who is the the other figure ahead of the "running man" that can clearly be seen on the slowed down footage posted on CSI LA?????

I have not closely followed the details of this case. It does make reasonable sense to me that a couple of poorly paid immigrant workers -- who maybe have gone without sex for weeks or months or more -- could be on the beach at 4 AM drunk and/or doing drugs and could be sent into a frenzy when they realize two farangs are having sex on the beach close to them with the resultant outcome. It does not make much sense to me that a wealthy Thai scion of the local bigwigs who can get laid any time he wants would have a similar reaction if he stumbles upon the same couple under the same circumstances.

You're completing missing the point. Have you ever seen a Thai man's reaction to a little loss of face? Especially a wealthy and self entitled Thai man? Especially in the South.

Look at the horrific pictures. It wasn't about sex. It was about horrible emotions of insane violence.

Totally agree. If a Farang causes offence to a Thai male and he looses face, it gives the Thai male and his friends can beat, rape and kill the victims knowing Tha everything will be done to cover it up. It happens again and again and I have experienced it personally. Quiet frightening.

• Like 1

I agree. Changing their story about the allegations of them planting hannah's phone does not solve the other inconsistencies!!

Where is the authenticated timestamped video of potential suspect at bangkok university? Does it exist? Even if the still i have seen is authentic , it is dated 0916am. Plenty of time to get a speedboat to samui and one of the first flights of the day into bangkok.

Where is the missing two minutes from that night?????Who is the the other figure ahead of the "running man" that can clearly be seen on the slowed down footage posted on CSI LA?????

David's phone was in the beach near the bodies.

Hannah's phone was handed in. The police initially said this was Hannah's phone. Make no bones about it.

The rtp were caught out very obviously so have now said it was David's. A phone that could have got these kids a quick 10 000 thb just miraculously found in the garden. May god help these boys.

I request that royal Thai coppers release the two minutes of footage and ask all those who read this to please not lose sight of this request. They have it if is available but they refuse to release what is clearly very important and will assist in our truth seeking. I again make this request to the rtp.

Ruthie Sleuthie! Just when we think you've disappeared you come back with another thought provoking photo.

My bet is that they never even tested all the samples they originally obtained. Or possibly they did test their samples, found a match and then began to put them under surveillance.

Got me thinking again though.

Yes I reckon either the DNA tests were in a queue of 100s. Or else they had the positive results and had the suspects under surveillance.

Regarding the question of whether others aside from the Burmese suspects were involved:-

So police are now denying they said it was hannah's phone they planted(sorry- found!) and that it was Davids.I can only imagine they are responding to this inconsistency becaue it has recently been the most posted one in various forums.
But let us not stop talking about all the other inconsistencies and hope they come up with or can not come up with explanations for them all and will be forced to be transparent or else the house of cards tumbles down spectacularly.
Can anyone add to what I'm thinking about the son of the headman who was a suspect until supposedly timestamped cctv footage was reported showing him to be in Bangkok at university at 0916am on the morning of the 15th?
From what I have gleaned, an emotional protestation of innocence and then the milion baht "find any of my family guilty then!" dare was issued following suspicion pointing towards the headman and his family.With a supposed cast iron alibi provided by this cctv his dna was not tested.
I read that the cctv evidence was provided as a print out of a still. Is this true?Anyone know anything else about this or can anyone provide a link to something more authenticated?
If the cctv and timestamp are genuine then he still could have got to koh samui on a 3 engine speed boat in time to catch the 1st or 2nd flight of the day to bangkok. He could have landed at 7am and been at university at 0916.
Is there any further evidence that could be regarded as "rock solid" to add to this alibi of "being at university the whole time"
As far as I know no member of the headman's family have been tested for DNA at any time.
Are there other sons/nephews who were in koh tao that night?

Explain this.

I can tell you how they will explain this.

Oh sorry,the samples we took before we not investigated completely.

Now as we have the suspects we do it now on them.

They will have excuses as much you want from

bloody pants,

crime scene contamination,

homosexuell allegations,

forgetting to interviewed Sean M,

accepting headmaster explanitions about his sons,

cartoon evidence of security image at university,

accidently questions to a taxi driver,

accidently erase 2 minutes from video tape,

and so on and on and on......

endless

Oh,i have one more right now.Today i red that somyot told the press there are 300 security cams around the crime area.

where all these videos ? may still not finish to get a refreshing ?

Explain this.

This seems to be visual confirmation that the 2 Burmese were part of the original line-up of migrant workers, who were checked for DNA. Is this so Ruthie?

It relates to an important question the police must answer - why were the 2 Burmese workers not identified in the first DNA checks?

• Like 1

Explain this.

This seems to be visual confirmation that the 2 Burmese were part of the original line-up of migrant workers, who were checked for DNA. Is this so Ruthie?

It relates to an important question the police must answer - why were the 2 Burmese workers not identified in the first DNA checks?

...because they were looking for the "real" perps then?

Explain this.

(my apologies for triple post - v. slow page refresh led me to believe my post was not processed ...etc)

At the very least, if the first DNA match was negative, and the next one positive - that's 1 each. There needs to be another to sort out the confusion

Ruthie Sleuthie! Just when we think you've disappeared you come back with another thought provoking photo.

My bet is that they never even tested all the samples they originally obtained. Or possibly they did test their samples, found a match and then began to put them under surveillance.

Got me thinking again though.

They tested them but when you try and round up 9 guys playing football and 6 run away and 3 are not fast enough then one needs to do what one needs to do with those three you have. Am I right ?

Three guitar players three footballers not three immigrants

Puhlease!

Explain this.

No they weren't mate they just thought that the world would move on and not notice discrepancies

Thai police don't seem to answer to the Thai people.

Where Im from this would be a full blown enquiry into police conduct and corruption alright. No ifs or buts.

• Like 2