The long con......scam

benalibina

I just came across the above in an other topic and it got me thinking.

Why men/women engage in it is obvious......

But i am interested in knowing about the dynamics.....and psychology behind it.

What are the signs to watch out for to know if one is being conned during the relationship ?

Is it a well thought out plan or it just happens in time and does the conman/woman act on instinct ?

When does the con come to an end ?

From a thai perspective....as the familybond is in general very close, are the chances bigger therefore that it is a plan supported and/or steered by the elder siblings or even parents in the family ? Peerpressure.

This thread is not intended for thai bashing purposes....i truly hope that posters who, unfortunately, have been on the wrong side of the coin and others want to share their experiences/thoughts and maybe on this way prevent people, who read this forum, from making a possible similar mistake. Most likely to no avail because ours is always different but....

Kapom.

• Like 1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't a dinosaur when I came to Thailand so I don't think about those things.

If I had been and " Attracted, Paid for " a partner 30 years younger than me, I would accept that she's in it for the long haul to get my money, if I was in my 60's or 70's I would be a total fool to think a woman 30-40 years younger was with me for any other reason than financial gain.

No shortage of fools here and those willing to be fooledfacepalm.gif

So true.

If it is tooooooooo good to be true, it's not true.

Simples.

It really is that simple. It's almost like someone falling for one of those Nigerian scams. You'd have to be both greedy and stupid. In this case, greed doesn't necessarily have to be for money, but for wanting something that you may not be entitled to. Stupid is not seeing the signs.

I would think that the true long con is pretty rare, from beginning to end. I mean, who can keep up the facade for that long? Could be that a woman starts out a relationship thinking that she could over time fall in love with the guy. Once she realizes that it will never happen, or that she's in love with someone else, then the "con" may start. But then I'm not in that Pattaya/Phuket scene, so maybe it's more common than I know.

If a man wants to allow himself to be fooled and it's not hurting anyone, I certainly don't have an issue with it . . .

. . . until he struts onto the forum telling everyone he's a bloody legend and that his 30 year younger wife/GF isn't with him for the monthly stipend he peels off to his new "family"

The first sign it's a con is when the woman avoids kissing at all costs.

Don't tell me Thai women don't like kissing.

ALL women like kissing.

I recall some guy actually asking that very question on TV, whether Thai women liked to kiss. It seems the guy was dating a woman who told him that, clearly because she wasn't the least interested in having his mouth anywhere near her. It's amazing what some guys will believe.

• Like 1

It's the difference between buying a pick-up or a Lamborghini.

The pick-up will probably never break down and the running costs are low.

The Lamborghini will cost a fortune and inevitably leave you stranded sooner or later, but you'll have a lot more fun along the way.

• Like 2

Relationships are a compromise, doing and saying what you don't necessarily want to do and say in order to keep the peace and obtain what you need from the relationship. I have seen proof of this when relationships end..by separations or even by death of one partner. When it's over, people stop doing what they only did to keep the other happy. A man who spends a lot of time keeping the house neat and maintained in good order who let's it all go to crap when he is on his own. I noticed this when my mother died years ago. Many things I thought were important to my father suddenly were not important when she was gone.

That sounds like mild depression.

One thing for sure is that men gain more from marriage than women. Aren't married men supposed to live longer than single men, while single women outlive married women? You may need to Google this, by the way.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All relationships are some what of a con. No matter what country or with who. Relationships are a compromise, doing and saying what you don't necessarily want to do and say in order to keep the peace and obtain what you need from the relationship. I have seen proof of this when relationships end..by separations or even by death of one partner. When it's over, people stop doing what they only did to keep the other happy. A man who spends a lot of time keeping the house neat and maintained in good order who let's it all go to crap when he is on his own. I noticed this when my mother died years ago. Many things I thought were important to my father suddenly werenot important when she was gone. The woman who keeps herself looking great when in the relationship, doesn't really care when she alone and isn't looking to hold on to someone. I'm not being negative, just realistic. All relationships entail some conning and all cons are not just about money.

The biggest con is letting you think you will still be having sex with her after the first year (or two) of marriage.

Top class Thaivisa bitter nonsense.

If a man wants to allow himself to be fooled and it's not hurting anyone, I certainly don't have an issue with it . . .

. . . until he struts onto the forum telling everyone he's a bloody legend and that his 30 year younger wife/GF isn't with him for the monthly stipend he peels off to his new "family"

ALL women like kissing.

I think if I went the pash on my (future) Sister-in-Law ... I might get rejected ... w00t.gif

I'm a very hansum man you know!

Whos conning who? seen enough to know that both sides of the coin get involved becasue there lonely/ afraid to be alone/think this is what they want etc etc...

Sure i belive some are scams, and if they work out for the scamer its becasue most of the time the other person is a jerk, very few can pull it off unless the other party is blinded by what they want to hear, often there are enough signs over a long enough period of time for warning bells to go off, it really comes down to where were at in our lives.

• Like 1

Plenty of giveaways but only to the man who hasn't closed off his senses to avoid disappointment

If you have to work at getting laid, if she ignores or is indifferent toward you and/or your opinion, if she openly flirts with other men in your presence then you may have a problem.

I won't say it's a con because she may not necessarily be looking to take your money; she might just think you're boring as hell

ALL women like kissing.

Some women have faces that only a mother would kiss whistling.gif

It really is that simple. It's almost like someone falling for one of those Nigerian scams. You'd have to be both greedy and stupid. In this case, greed doesn't necessarily have to be for money, but for wanting something that you may not be entitled to.

Oh sure, a bar girl is something that only a few of us are entitled to.

Edited by THssii