Thai PM: I am the one to be held responsible if reforms fail

webfact

PM: I am the one to be held responsible if reforms fail

10-6-2014-9-34-59-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha announced that he would be the only person who would be held responsible if the attempts at national reform have failed.

He also warned political elements not to stir up troubles while martial law is still in force, saying that all he has wanted is for the public give him moral support and understand him as he has no intention whatsoever to seek personal gains but to solve the country’s problems.

On the question of martial law whether it should be lifted, the prime minister answered back saying that if martial law is lifted and there are troubles making reform impossible “then who will take responsibility on my behalf.”

He stressed that his main responsibility was to make reform possible so that the country could move forward. And as far as he is concerned, he said that the Thai people must come first and their safety is paramount regardless of how the international community will think about the martial law.

General Prayuth made clear that it was not his business or the government’s business to negotiate with any political groups and to persuade them to cease their activities. “Why negotiate with them because they, as the people of this country, must obey the law.

The prime minister said that since he has to bear all the burdens and problems originated from previous governments he needed time and an opportunity to address all the problems. “Can you ask them (political groups) to stop their activities and give them for Thailand and the government to undertake the reforms,” he told the reporters.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-one-held-responsible-reforms-fail/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-07

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

“Why negotiate with them because they, as the people of this country, must obey the law."

Good, but how about starting off by actually enforcing the law?

How about you reading the post before you bash.

It says in very clear English it will take time.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

“Why negotiate with them because they, as the people of this country, must obey the law."

Good, but how about starting off by actually enforcing the law?

How about you reading the post before you bash.

It says in very clear English it will take time.

You beat me to it. That was the first thing I thought of.

Not surprised the six ahead of you missed it.wai.gif

This is indeed a government that will change the way the government is run. After the next election the people will no longer stand for the false election promises and the denial of responsibility. The seed has been planted and it will grow.

There will be lots to do and it is best to let the government do it. We all have are ideas but none of us are in a position to do them and I highly doubt would want to be in the hot seat having to listen to thousands of people with different ideas on what to do and how to do it. Most of them coming from people who think all he has to do is say stop it and the problem is solved.wai.gif

• Like 1

Dear PM, reforms start at home, you will do well to look it to your own family, show and tell how come your

brother a soldier, is fabulously rich with 80 million baht (known) to his name...

Well 80 Millions isn't that much, you can get that with honest working. (Well working hours at the army shouldn't give you enough free time)...

But what is with the others who are in the 1000 Million range?

WOW.

No wonder PM Prayuth is more popular than all the previous PM's over the part decade.

He sees an error in his ways when commenting on bikinis and actually apologies. What a rare trait that is for a politician Realizing he made a mistake and apologized. Now he is saying he will be held responsible if the reforms fail. He won't even blame the PTP or the red shirts if and when they start there campaign of terror again when martial law is lifted. Wont blame them for throwing blood on the streets or burning effigies or threatening to kidnap people. He will blame himself. How refreshing.

One can be assured the PTP Minister for Denying, Prompong Nopparit will never have a job in this responsible and accountable government.

The root of this reform is respecting the law and holding people accountable for breaking it, both of which never happened and is why the coup happened in the first place. If nothing else it highlighted the need for this reform. I cannot thank the UDD 7% for much, but I can thank them for showing Thailand why reform is needed.

• Like 1

He will failed once they take the gun away from peoples head.

He will fail once the UDD bring the gun back to the innocent publics heads which is why martial law was implemented in the first place.

Unless you are suggesting the army was behind the 7 months of terrorist attacks and the UDD interjected and stopped it. That is a rhetorical question by the way.

PTP logic right there.

• Like 1

WOW.

No wonder PM Prayuth is more popular than all the previous PM's over the part decade.

He sees an error in his ways when commenting on bikinis and actually apologies. What a rare trait that is for a politician Realizing he made a mistake and apologized. Now he is saying he will be held responsible if the reforms fail. He won't even blame the PTP or the red shirts if and when they start there campaign of terror again when martial law is lifted. Wont blame them for throwing blood on the streets or burning effigies or threatening to kidnap people. He will blame himself. How refreshing.

One can be assured the PTP Minister for Denying, Prompong Nopparit will never have a job in this responsible and accountable government.

The root of this reform is respecting the law and holding people accountable for breaking it, both of which never happened and is why the coup happened in the first place. If nothing else it highlighted the need for this reform. I cannot thank the UDD 7% for much, but I can thank them for showing Thailand why reform is needed.

Ones more, the (ex) General is not a politician .......

pol·i·ti·cian
ˌpäləˈtiSHən/
noun
  1. a person who is professionally involved in politics, especially as a holder of or a candidate for an elected office.

WOW.

pol·i·ti·cian
ˌpäləˈtiSHən/
noun
  1. a person who is professionally involved in politics, especially as a holder of or a candidate for an elected office.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politician

A politician, political leader, or political figure (from Classical Greek πόλις, "polis") is a person who is involved in influencing public policy and decision making. This includes people who hold decision-making positions in government, and people who seek those positions, whether by means of election, inheritance, coup d'état, appointment, conquest, or other means.

​But if it makes you feel better lets replace politician with "a person who is professionally involved in politics"

He sees an error in his ways when commenting on bikinis and actually apologies. What a rare trait that is for a "a person who is professionally involved in politics"

Better now?

Edited by djjamie

PM Prayuth...you are doing exactly what is needed to straighten out the mess...keep going !

Dont lift the Martial Law, discipline is whats needed to succeed in any task....You are succeeding.

Thank you for what you have done so far

That's the spirit! Discipline! Orders! Regimentation! Work! Obey! Sounds great.

• Like 1

WOW.

pol·i·ti·cian
ˌpäləˈtiSHən/
noun

Since you are engaging in ped antics, let's have another look.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/politician.

Full Definition of POLITICIAN 1.: a person experienced in the art or science of government; especially : one actively engaged in conducting the business of a government
a : a person engaged in party politics as a profession
b : a person primarily interested in political office for selfish or other narrow usually short-sighted reasons

I would say PM Prayuth is actively engaged in the conduct of government, wouldn't you?

• Like 1

WOW.

pol·i·ti·cian
ˌpäləˈtiSHən/
noun

Since you are engaging in ped antics, let's have another look.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/politician.

Full Definition of POLITICIAN 1.: a person experienced in the art or science of government; especially : one actively engaged in conducting the business of a government
a : a person engaged in party politics as a profession
b : a person primarily interested in political office for selfish or other narrow usually short-sighted reasons

I would say PM Prayuth is actively engaged in the conduct of government, wouldn't you?

If I wanted to argue antics I would say

The definition is

With the key word being "especially" It does not say;

1. a person who is professionally involved in politics, "only if they are" a holder of or a candidate for an elected office.

But then I don't argue antics so pretend you didn't read this post!

"He also warned political elements not to stir up troubles while martial law is still in force, saying that all he has wanted is for the public give him moral support and understand him as he has no intention whatsoever to seek personal gains but to solve the country’s problems."

Does this mean he will have his solder brother investigated and try to find out where he got THB 80 mill. from?