Thai PM: I am the one to be held responsible if reforms fail

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"He also warned political elements not to stir up troubles while martial law is still in force, saying that all he has wanted is for the public give him moral support and understand him as he has no intention whatsoever to seek personal gains but to solve the countrys problems."

Does this mean he will have his solder brother investigated and try to find out where he got THB 80 mill. from?

The people answer to him, not the other way round. Why would he?

WOW.

No wonder PM Prayuth is more popular than all the previous PM's over the part decade.

He sees an error in his ways when commenting on bikinis and actually apologies. What a rare trait that is for a politician Realizing he made a mistake and apologized. Now he is saying he will be held responsible if the reforms fail. He won't even blame the PTP or the red shirts if and when they start there campaign of terror again when martial law is lifted. Wont blame them for throwing blood on the streets or burning effigies or threatening to kidnap people. He will blame himself. How refreshing.

One can be assured the PTP Minister for Denying, Prompong Nopparit will never have a job in this responsible and accountable government.

The root of this reform is respecting the law and holding people accountable for breaking it, both of which never happened and is why the coup happened in the first place. If nothing else it highlighted the need for this reform. I cannot thank the UDD 7% for much, but I can thank them for showing Thailand why reform is needed.

By what measure do you say he's more popular than all the previous PM over the past decade?

Did the censored press tell you that, or did an election result tell you that?

• Like 1

Dear PM, reforms start at home, you will do well to look it to your own family, show and tell how come your

brother a soldier, is fabulously rich with 80 million baht (known) to his name...

Very well said.

But, of course, Prayuth's little bro could be just a hard saver.

WOW.

No wonder PM Prayuth is more popular than all the previous PM's over the part decade.

He sees an error in his ways when commenting on bikinis and actually apologies. What a rare trait that is for a politician Realizing he made a mistake and apologized. Now he is saying he will be held responsible if the reforms fail. He won't even blame the PTP or the red shirts if and when they start there campaign of terror again when martial law is lifted. Wont blame them for throwing blood on the streets or burning effigies or threatening to kidnap people. He will blame himself. How refreshing.

One can be assured the PTP Minister for Denying, Prompong Nopparit will never have a job in this responsible and accountable government.

The root of this reform is respecting the law and holding people accountable for breaking it, both of which never happened and is why the coup happened in the first place. If nothing else it highlighted the need for this reform. I cannot thank the UDD 7% for much, but I can thank them for showing Thailand why reform is needed.

By what measure do you say he's more popular than all the previous PM over the past decade?

Did the censored press tell you that, or did an election result tell you that?

Your reply is already here so why should anyone waste time proving to you how popular Prayuth is? coffee1.gif

How honourable of you Sir if you really mean it; however it reads to me that everyone else are under a permanent amnesty to do what they bloody well like without fear of repercussion of any sort. No Sir, all should be and will be held responsible one way or another, so maybe it is time for less rhetoric with negative undertones and get positive by starting reform.

"He also warned political elements not to stir up troubles while martial law is still in force, saying that all he has wanted is for the public give him moral support and understand him as he has no intention whatsoever to seek personal gains but to solve the countrys problems."

Does this mean he will have his solder brother investigated and try to find out where he got THB 80 mill. from?

Many high ranking military are offered and take up highly paid directorships on the boards of large companies, an employment that they juggle alongside their regular duty. The present PM himself at one time enjoyed this dual role. As in most countries, it's not what you know it's who you know.
  • Like 1

PM Prayuth...you are doing exactly what is needed to straighten out the mess...keep going !

Dont lift the Martial Law, discipline is whats needed to succeed in any task....You are succeeding.

Thank you for what you have done so far

I might have missed something, but what exactly do you mean by what he/they have done so far.

Economy in a fast down spiral

Amount of tourist arrivals even faster down

Police scam and corruption nationwide left without any change.......

Please bring some happiness and tell us what the good things are .

Interesting.

Trying to ensure that most members of the previous administration get impeached so they can no longer stand in any upcoming election whenever they may be whilst offering himself up as the only one liable for any failure of his own administration.

PM Prayuth...you are doing exactly what is needed to straighten out the mess...keep going !

Dont lift the Martial Law, discipline is whats needed to succeed in any task....You are succeeding.

I might have missed something, but what exactly do you mean by what he/they have done so far.

Economy in a fast down spiral

Amount of tourist arrivals even faster down

Police scam and corruption nationwide left without any change.......

Please bring some happiness and tell us what the good things are .

You forgot

education reform requiring registered qualified teachers

Um, no can do

reform on land encroachment that is equally enforced

Um, no can do

reform on human trafficking in the fishing industry

Um, no can do.

reform an anything that is substantial and sustained

Um, we'll get back to you later on that, and enjoy the longer New Year.

Responsibility,accountability,ethics,morality are concepts that never seemed to have caught on here in it's political domain.After all what use are they really when the face of a "democracy" and "rule of law" are held in it's place by a luxuriating feudal hierarchy?

Perhaps a shift in paradigm is possible with this current PM,being a military-man he must be well enamoured with discipline and may well bring some other incorruptible attributes into the spectrum.What does the country have to lose? all its known,for the most part, are self-serving politicians speaking fluent B.S......

• Like 1

chuckle, chuckle, this guy is such a comedian

General Prayuth made clear that it was not his business or the government’s business to negotiate with any political groups and to persuade them to cease their activities. “Why negotiate with them because ...

one group has already passed the baton to us, and the other group is being thoroughly rooted-out.

WOW.

Red shirts are going to sit back and let this regime fail all on their own.

I'd give it 12 months until they run the economy into the ground with their extravagant spending of public funds.

There are only really to questions left unanswered:

1. What day in 2016 does Thaksin arrive home as the nations saviour?

2. How many more Generals will become millionaires during the current short lived reign of this regime?

• Like 1

Wow! a Thai politician,willing to take responsibility,if anything goes wrong,

that defiantly has to be a first,keep up the good work Sir, i hope you can

get all the reforms in place,before putting the country back into the hands,

of the former politicians,who only thought of themselves,and ways to enrich,

at cost to Thailand and its people.

regards Worgeordie

It is NOT a politician !

And on your quote "keep up the good work", can you please let us know what work exactly you mean, as so far I did not see any reform.

Start with Phuket. He (the general) did. More to follow i am sure or he will be toast in 12 month time if nothing more happens. I don't think he came this far & took this risk & pressure to deliberately fail.

WOW.

I'd give it 12 months until they run the economy into the ground with their extravagant spending of public funds.

2. How many more Generals will become millionaires during the current short lived reign of this regime?

1. In your dreams

2. We won't know, but if he keeps his promises it will be a long regime.

"Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha announced that he would be the only person who would be held responsible if the attempts at national reform have failed"

Well then, it must suck to be you because even the marginally educated person can see that your so-called "reforms" are clearly destined to fail.

• Like 1

"Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha announced that he would be the only person who would be held responsible if the attempts at national reform have failed"

Well then, it must suck to be you because even the marginally educated person can see that your so-called "reforms" are clearly destined to fail.

I commiserate with you, my dear visionchaser. With so much obstruction by those who don't seem to want reforms and a few foreign posters here on TVF what chance does PM Prayut have to fulfil his vision.

Mind you, as long as he feels he need to stay on, he may continue to say the National Reforms are progressing rolleyes.gif

Just a hunch, but I don't think he reads Thai Visa. coffee1.gif

WOW.

Tjeez man, I've just been told that the red-shirts didn't refuse to help. By a very level headed poster as well.

Mind you, a previous Robespierre might really have liked to help create some more chaos and step in as 'saviour' of the common people. What was it again history taught us about his glorious fate ?

Utter <deleted>.

What a grease ball!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

What changes are happening and what is the progress ? What is the Junta doing ?

Saving your butt. You can now walk down the street with out having to worry about some semi intelligent red shirted goon trying to shoot you.wai.gif

When I see the word 'reform' in this context, I read it as 'stacking the deck.'

Yes and it is your favor now. Good to have a leader instead of a airhead puppet isn't it.thumbsup.gif

Yes he is doing what needs doing. Seems like there is a lot of posters who are unaware of the changes he has made. Such as out with corrupt Police leaders and in with some willing to clean up the country. Getting rid of the illegal foreigners paying off the farmers and on it goes.wai.gif

I commiserate with you, my dear visionchaser. With so much obstruction by those who don't seem to want reforms and a few foreign posters here on TVF what chance does PM Prayut have to fulfil his vision.

Mind you, as long as he feels he need to stay on, he may continue to say the National Reforms are progressing rolleyes.gif

I liked this one

marginally educated person and he can see that the reforms are destined to fail. Is he trying to tell us he is only marginally educated. His words not mine.clap2.gif

• Like 2