I'm Desperate For Help!

Mobi

I wouldn't let one poster ruin anymore of your weekend or any other day for that matter, Mobi 1 kenobi, I like that name, perhaps it will stick.

Don't let him ruin all the good you have dealt since bringing the Merci center to further light, I would suggest that perhaps the poster has not read all of the posts on this thread.

This in itself exacerbates the stupid response the poster has come out with and should really be treated with the contempt it deserves.

I hope the results for your wife are promising,

Good Luck

Moss

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump!

:D

I just wanted to get this thread back to the top of the list where it belongs.

For the record folks, this is not a scam and these poor kids can do with as much help as we can give them.

If anyone has any doubts whatsoever, just re-read this thread in it's entirety from the beginning... bearing in mind that 90% of the posts here are from long-term Pattaya local expats, who are all helping in one way or another.

A very worthy project.

:o

Mobi, Keep up the good work and dont let 1 sceptic get you down mate.

I have visited The Mercy Mission, albeit very briefly, and was just staggered by the number of babies and small children they are caring for.

This is indeed a very genuine and needy organisation.

Mobi’s been in touch with me to advise that he will not have internet connectivity for the next 7 days.

He is asking if all you good people on the forum could try to keep the charity thread fresh, and please don’t stop the donations from coming during his absence. The list of what’s needed and the map of the children’s centre are on the thread, and there are also details of bank accounts if anyone wishes to donate money.

He would also like to give a very big thank you to LovelyCutie, who, with her friends and work colleagues has donated so much stuff that it took a trolley to wheel it down to the Mobi-mobile. He says he would have given her a great big hug, but unfortunately he had to resist, due to the presence of his wife. This is by far the biggest contribution made, and on behalf of all those kids, he says thank you so much LovelyCutie – you’re a real diamond and a beautiful person!

I read the Forum frequently although I’m known as a “Newbie”. I guess that, for one reason or another, I will remain a “Newbie” for a long time simply because I believe sincerely in the axiom “Actions speak louder than words". Having read TV Forum for some time now, it is clear that many of its subscribers should bear this in mind.

From the beginning, this particular thread has enchanted me for many reasons; the kindness and generosity of so many people, the thoughtful and selfless nature of the care givers at the Mercy Mission, the tragic situation of the children, the tears that have been shed, openly and secretly, by all of us. But, without Mobi D’Ark, this sharing of the woeful plight of the children would not have happened. I have visited the Mercy Mission and, each time, I was deeply affected by what I saw. I saw hope, I saw love and I saw dedication on the faces of the helpers and I saw gratitude on the face of each little lost soul.

I will write something now that all of us, well most of us, know. The helpers at the mission are present day saints, Mobi D’Ark included. Mobi has thrown himself completely into the cause; the cause of these “lost little souls”.

Thank you all. :o

Edited by Jai Dee

I may have missed it, but is there a drop-off spot in Pattaya ? I only have my moto and it's a little difficult to drive around with packages of nappies and formula draped off the handlebars (though the locals don't seem to have a problem driving like that).

I was going to drag a bunch of stuff down to the Blues Factory and let Dave deal with it.

(hehehehe, if I knew Jai Dee's address, I could drop stuff off there. :o )

(hehehehe, if I knew Jai Dee's address, I could drop stuff off there. :o )

I'm a bit further out of town Kerryd... closer to Sattahip than Pattaya actually.

I was going to drag a bunch of stuff down to the Blues Factory and let Dave deal with it.

Good idea... but better to check with Dave first.

The good work started by Mobi and carried on by many other TV members is really great and I was wondering if anyone had thought of contacting Tesco Lotus, Big C, Carrefour, Makro et al, to see if they could offer some "sponsorship" to this worthy cause.

He would also like to give a very big thank you to LovelyCutie, who, with her friends and work colleagues has donated so much stuff that it took a trolley to wheel it down to the Mobi-mobile. He says he would have given her a great big hug, but unfortunately he had to resist, due to the presence of his wife. This is by far the biggest contribution made, and on behalf of all those kids, he says thank you so much LovelyCutie – you’re a real diamond and a beautiful person!

Awww.. Thank you for your kind words. :o We all are glad we can be of some help. I've passed the message on to everyone here. We'll go shopping again end of this month. :D

We'll go shopping again end of this month. :D

Are you sure you can hold out that long ?

Aren't you already feeling the urge to shop, even now, as you read this, are you getting itchy, wondering what deals and sales are going on while you sit reading this !

You could do it you know. Just a little bit. A couple items. You've got room. Scratch that itch ! You know you want to :o

Aren't you already feeling the urge to shop, even now, as you read this, are you getting itchy, wondering what deals and sales are going on while you sit reading this !

You could do it you know. Just a little bit. A couple items. You've got room. Scratch that itch ! You know you want to :o

Oh shit, Kerry, that's evil! I can feel it now. Oi!!! There are a few super markets nearby.... errr..... I'll get my assistant to see what's going on in those places!

BTW, shopping is a kind of sports. :D

Oh shit, Kerry, that's evil! I can feel it now. Oi!!! There are a few super markets nearby.... errr..... I'll get my assistant to see what's going on in those places!

BTW, shopping is a kind of sports. :D

You don't have to go whole hog in one day.

Some nappies one day, some Jack Daniels (for me :o ) now and then, some formula on other days. Pretty soon you have a large stockpile (no sneaking any of the whiskey :D ).

Sounds more like a job for a boss, not an assistant, though. Assistants can carry the goods after you've selected them. :D

Haven't been tracking this thread but it seems to have turned right instead of left somewhere.

Moby - still waiting for the e-mail.

Rumour has it that he may be out of touch for a few days:

Mobi’s been in touch with me to advise that he will not have internet connectivity for the next 7 days

Haven't been tracking this thread but it seems to have turned right instead of left somewhere.

Moby - still waiting for the e-mail.

Rumour has it that he may be out of touch for a few days:

Mobi’s been in touch with me to advise that he will not have internet connectivity for the next 7 days

Until Mobi's "internet connectivity" is restored, we should try and keep this thread bouncing at the top of the first page.

I have had the same feelings as hiromj relating to the direction of this thread whilst Mobi is unavailable. Please try not to trivialise this important campaign to help those kids at the Mission....and let's bring this thread back on course people. :o

Just to let you all know that there is a "Mercy Centre" collection box inside The blues Factory so if theres any change burning a hole in your pocket whilst your in the area you know what to do with it. :o

Hi Dave....that's a great idea. Following on from your idea, I've spoken to two other owners of places that I visit and they have done the same. A simple metal money box with a sticker indicating that the collection is for the "Mercy Mission of Pattaya". I think that there will be a positive response at both locations.........anyway, every little bit counts.

May I ask.... are you more inclined to receive food-stuffs, clothing etc, or would some educational/fun stuff be ok too?

Like colouring books and pencils... that kind of thing??

I'll answer as Mobi might still be offline.

I've been to the centre and I think that anything would be of use ranging from stationary, toys, books to rice, water etc etc etc. :o