How much does a work permit cost?

If you hire a company that does all the paperwork for you they usually charge 15,000 - 35,000 for the service to prepare all the documents and trips back and forth to Labour, Revenue department, Immigration, and to file documents and write necessary letters.

For 15,000 expect a company that barley can communicate in English, and they do a lot of misstakes, for 35,000 you get a company that can communicate well with you and knows what they are doing and things goes flawless.

If a foreigner works for a company in Bangkok should the company pay for the work permit or is this the responsibility of the worker ? (Office Job)

That is between the foreigner and the company to negotiate. Strictly speaking the WP belongs to the employee, but many employers will pay for it.

If a foreigner works for a company in Bangkok should the company pay for the work permit or is this the responsibility of the worker ? (Office Job)

That is between the foreigner and the company to negotiate. Strictly speaking the WP belongs to the employee, but many employers will pay for it.

I would think that strictly speaking the WP for the employee belongs to the company. You leave the company, the company terminates the WP. It is not transferrable between companies. Resident status belongs to the individual.

If you hire a company that does all the paperwork for you they usually charge 15,000 - 35,000 for the service to prepare all the documents and trips back and forth to Labour, Revenue department, Immigration, and to file documents and write necessary letters.

For 15,000 expect a company that barley can communicate in English, and they do a lot of misstakes, for 35,000 you get a company that can communicate well with you and knows what they are doing and things goes flawless.

THB 25,000 is the going rate for a respectable, English speaking service provider. My English is good.

As a previous comment states though, if you elect to do yourself, THB 100 for application fee once all documents are prepared for submission first. Then THB 3,000 to collect once you return to Employment Office with visa.

Application process takes a standard 10 working days.

Usually, in this process, Employment Office will ask for extra documents or photographs to validate the application is legitimate.

u need medical

stamps

translations ( maybe)

copies (lots)

photos

pay ur accountant for all their work to arrange papers

ok there all little things but add up the price

All in all cost me for my gf's wp about 6,500 all in and that included a small gift at the labor dept

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I would think that strictly speaking the WP for the employee belongs to the company. You leave the company, the company terminates the WP. It is not transferrable between companies. Resident status belongs to the individual.

That's the way I have always viewed it (rightly or wrongly).

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That's the way I have always viewed it (rightly or wrongly).

Company or you can cancel the WP, yes it's not transferrable.

However, Thai law requires that the employee holds the WP at all times, whilst at the place of work, the WP should not be held by the company.

It is a government document for the employee to hold.