Craziest thing you've seen in Thailand

fish fingers

I've seen a few nutsy things but the best was going out for sunday lunch in Thong Lor a couple of yrs back and suddenly there's a naked arab guy running up 55 - he looked out of his box.. then he hid between two parked cars.. by this stage a large crowd had gathered and he decided to run into the Bridal Shop. A Hi-So lady was having a dress fitting and suddenly the naked arab appeared in the window and sat on the sofa, cue plenty of screaming and running around

Then the cops appeared, dragged him out and handcuffed him in the back of an open pick up. Kind of felt sorry for him, he's obviously been drugged by a lady (or ladyboy)of the night

Whats yours?

• Like 2

Driving into Nakhon Pathom from the North , all the vehicles started slowing down , hazard lights on and horns blaring .

There was what appeared to be an off duty copper walking in the middle of the road pissed.

He was trying to hit vehicles as they passed and at one point threw his radio at a vehicle.

I'm pleased he didn't have his gun with him.

• Like 2

Years ago I went into a local Family Mart which had a polystyrene cool box in front of the counter. Now usually these contained promotial items such as iced tea cans etc in half melted ice. This one contained those cardboard packaged slices of microwaveable pizzas, garlic bread etc - complete with the half melted ice. The packaging was sodden through. Give me strength.

Years ago I went into a local Family Mart which had a polystyrene cool box in front of the counter. Now usually these contained promotial items such as iced tea cans etc in half melted ice. This one contained those cardboard packaged slices of microwaveable pizzas, garlic bread etc - complete with the half melted ice. The packaging was sodden through. Give me strength.

similar: seen on an island: big big box came with the ice and all kind of food that needs cooling inside. Many not washed fruits. Someone saw meat as well (but I didn't see it myself). They took out the fruits, cleaned them nicely.

The dirty ice and the cleaned fruits went into the cocktails on the evening......

• Like 1

This took place about 25 years ago by the moat in Chiang Mai.

It was around midnight ready to cross the road from the moat to visit the Spotlight bar. Then suddenly I saw a pick up with about 6 Hill-tribe people all dressed in their tradition Hill-tribe costumes sitting on the open back of the pick up. They had stacks of ornaments with them and it seemed they were on their way out of town after a day of peddling their wares to the tourists. But to my amazement this was no regular pick up truck, but a Rolls Royce converted into a pick up. I only wish I had a camera with me as it was a sight to behold. And no, I was not drunk.

Never seen anything like that since and from my experience, that was one of the craziest sights I have ever seen in Thailand.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2

Late afternoon, no rain, no sun, girl all done up riding a scooter holding a huge umbrella pointing infront of her in an attempt to stop the wind from messing up her hair

i wasnt the only one enjoying the show and getting the hell out of her path biggrin.png

Edited by Jdiddy

Well that Arab might have drunk too much.....coming from countries with alc ban they underestimate it sometimes.

Anyway he has some good story to tell when he comes back home.....

Only two Arab countries have an alcohol ban, Saudi and Kuwait,but Alcohol is readily available anyway. Bit of a myth that they don't drink

Speed-freaks on yaa baa sitting on the top of Thapae Gate with a knife to the throat of a young girl or a baby threatening to kill them. I saw this a few times before Thaksin killed so many drug dealers. The drug problem seemed much worse back then.

Thaksin certain;y knew how to conduct the war on drugs. i personally think that things have become as bad as they were before, pre-Thaksin.

Well that Arab might have drunk too much.....coming from countries with alc ban they underestimate it sometimes.

Only two Arab countries have an alcohol ban, Saudi and Kuwait,but Alcohol is readily available anyway. Bit of a myth that they don't drink

Agree with you it is a myth they do not drink, but you forgot to mention Iran. Libya, Emirate of Sharjah, and Yemen..thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

Agree with you it is a myth they do not drink, but you forgot to mention Iran. Libya, Emirate of Sharjah, and Yemen..thumbsup.gifwai2.gif

Iran isn't an Arab country, Neither is Lybia, Yemen it's not 100% official, you can get it in bars

Iran isn't an Arab country, Neither is Lybia, Yemen it's not 100% official, you can get it in bars

I concede your point there, F.B. I have never seen a naked Arab ( thank god!)bah.gif but seen a few legless ones around Sukhumvit chatting to Ladyboys, that can be amusing to watch.

• Like 1

Two bikes with two Koreans on each bike literally crawling across one of the big highways in Phuket to get in to a side street, with big cement trucks and other on coming traffic whistling by centimeters away. I was in total chock and convinced they where going to get mangled and I was going to get hit with parts of the bikes or parts of the Koreans. I even screamed at them in a panic and they just looked at me like I was the biggest idiot in the world. I have never been to Korea but I wonder how they drive there.

Edited by Kaalle

Speed-freaks on yaa baa sitting on the top of Thapae Gate with a knife to the throat of a young girl or a baby threatening to kill them. I saw this a few times before Thaksin killed so many drug dealers. The drug problem seemed much worse back then.

Thaksin certain;y knew how to conduct the war on drugs. i personally think that things have become as bad as they were before, pre-Thaksin.

Yeah nothing in the world smells like that, yaa baa in the morning, they were so much slimmer then.

thumbsup.gif

Kind of felt sorry for him, he's obviously been drugged by a lady (or ladyboy)of the night

Any alien do anything wrong inTH, it is TH fault!!!!

I am flabbergasted at the thrash TH attracts to itself.

I hope the new people in power will soon start a massive clean up, which would really make Thailand a pleasant country to be in.

wai.gif

Edited by ravip

Last 2 nights had a russian lady and a gentleman twice her age sit at the table next to us very pretty lady until your eyes fix on her low cut dress, then you slowly but surely see the thin shoulder straps fall down omg talk about fried eggs, wheres her bra i ask myself still in the wash. i guess.

Well had i been in walking street or 1 of the disreputable sois i wouldnt have minded but there was my gf looking at the same show so naturally being the hero type i bravely confronted the woman and told her bluntly that i was amongst friends enjoying a social drink and to go flaunt her eggs elsewhere.

Seemed i upset the old fella who was all touchy feely with her as well and he said ok let's go home.

Ok we all know how to make a old man happy but do it in private please.