Koh Tao revival planned

webfact

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather spend an all-inclusive fortnight in a Liberian pop-up Ebola clinic than visit Thailand right now.

Where you'd rather spend an all inclusive fortnight is not a Liberian Ebola clinic but rather a psychiatric institutionwhistling.gif Pffff

I do live in Thailand and yes I am getting tired by this stupid over Thai bashing, is there no murder in your respective countries?

Even thought the mods are doing their best, TV becomes kind of a stress reliever for some people frustrated by their relationship with LOS one way or another coffee1.gif

• Like 2

Keyboard justice warriors are getting old and still hampering the investigation. Your speculation and guesses are having a negative impact on the case. You only need to have seen the Police follow the rumours round the island, to understand the harm you are doing. THE MAJORITY OF YOU DON'T EVEN *@!%ING LIVE HERE or are not related to the victim. You are in no position to pass comment or assess the situation. Stop trying to get 5 minutes of fame and seem cool off something so tragic, please let them rest in peace, god knows they deserve it.

I have lived here for a few years and seen all the good this place has to offer. The people here are amazing, kind, helpful and understanding. I regularly leave expensive items unattended for a few minutes at a time, to no ill effect. Crime here is at an all time low, not just for Thailand but also for the UK where I come from. We the people who make it what it is pride ourselves on just how safe it is here. Like for like my local town makes Koh Tao look like heaven, gangs of youths, muggings of old ladies and drug addicts everywhere.

We are angered at the introduction of extra police and camera's. This we believe is going to create more crime and antisocial behaviour. When you give crime a front seat, the effects are potentially an endorsement.

Sure the island has it's own way of doing things, everywhere does. That does not mean it is the wrong way, otherwise we may as well start preaching ourself as American or Victorian British label them savages and destroy them. GROW UP. The media is purposely and wrongly converting 'village chiefs' to mafia heads, to buy extra readers. It is despicable to take someone of good standing and trash their name just because you heard rumours. You wonder why they closed ranks? You forced them into it. Like a lot of you say the as Thai did with the burmese, you have done the same with them.

Now lets clear up some myths you all have.

DNA - Hannah's body has already been in the UK for some time now. Upon arrival to the UK she will have undergone an immediate post-mortem examination to verify the Thai evidence. In the UK or forensic science is at such a level that tampering would become noticed straight away. They will then also take their own samples for comparison. They will know if they find more than 2 different types of DNA, which would be expected in a cover up.

Physical mismatch - David was a big lad and as the official version goes was locked in a fight to the death to defend himself and a vulnerable person. Anyone who has grown up in the UK is used to trouble at night. The 2 people who got the better of him were of no physical comparison. He could have merely held one in each hand to stop the attack.

Investigation - Our conclusion was that the police used the wrong methods to investigate this crime. The island has a huge sense of community, this was never levied by the Police. They came in like bull in a china shop charging about, 'owning' the island. This is what caused the ranks to close.

Interception of WeChat. The chinese wechat provider is set up to allow law enforcement direct access to the logs. Why haven't these been requested.. Any Thai person who has shown me anything to do with the case has mainly been using Wechat to discuss it. It can filter by keyword so direct viewing of messages isn't needed.

I wish people would think before they pass comment, and affect a serious investigation.

I call for ThaiVisa to moderate this better, whether they understand it or not they are clearly having a negative effect on the investigation by wasting police time with useless leads and rumours. RTP when you read this please understand the culture of the foreigner to pass comments on things they have no personal involvement with or do not understand.

Forget about this silly Koh Tao revival when the real rapists and murderers of Hannah and David are still at large and the mafia (both uniformed and plain clothes versions) are still controlling the island in a vice like grip.

Arrest and convict the murderers and the mafia scum first.

I will never visit that island(nor any other island) .

Just out of protest,hope many thousands feel the same .

5000 illegal immigrants and a dodgy police force on Koh Tao ,

i think the other islands are same same .Stay away,not safe.

• Like 1

Keyboard justice warriors are getting old and still hampering the investigation. Your speculation and guesses are having a negative impact on the case. You only need to have seen the Police follow the rumours round the island, to understand the harm you are doing. THE MAJORITY OF YOU DON'T EVEN *@!%ING LIVE HERE or are not related to the victim. You are in no position to pass comment or assess the situation. Stop trying to get 5 minutes of fame and seem cool off something so tragic, please let them rest in peace, god knows they deserve it.

I have lived here for a few years and seen all the good this place has to offer. The people here are amazing, kind, helpful and understanding. I regularly leave expensive items unattended for a few minutes at a time, to no ill effect. Crime here is at an all time low, not just for Thailand but also for the UK where I come from. We the people who make it what it is pride ourselves on just how safe it is here. Like for like my local town makes Koh Tao look like heaven, gangs of youths, muggings of old ladies and drug addicts everywhere.

We are angered at the introduction of extra police and camera's. This we believe is going to create more crime and antisocial behaviour. When you give crime a front seat, the effects are potentially an endorsement.

Sure the island has it's own way of doing things, everywhere does. That does not mean it is the wrong way, otherwise we may as well start preaching ourself as American or Victorian British label them savages and destroy them. GROW UP. The media is purposely and wrongly converting 'village chiefs' to mafia heads, to buy extra readers. It is despicable to take someone of good standing and trash their name just because you heard rumours. You wonder why they closed ranks? You forced them into it. Like a lot of you say the as Thai did with the burmese, you have done the same with them.

DNA - Hannah's body has already been in the UK for some time now. Upon arrival to the UK she will have undergone an immediate post-mortem examination to verify the Thai evidence. In the UK or forensic science is at such a level that tampering would become noticed straight away. They will then also take their own samples for comparison. They will know if they find more than 2 different types of DNA, which would be expected in a cover up.

Physical mismatch - David was a big lad and as the official version goes was locked in a fight to the death to defend himself and a vulnerable person. Anyone who has grown up in the UK is used to trouble at night. The 2 people who got the better of him were of no physical comparison. He could have merely held one in each hand to stop the attack.

Investigation - Our conclusion was that the police used the wrong methods to investigate this crime. The island has a huge sense of community, this was never levied by the Police. They came in like bull in a china shop charging about, 'owning' the island. This is what caused the ranks to close.

Interception of WeChat. The chinese wechat provider is set up to allow law enforcement direct access to the logs. Why haven't these been requested.. Any Thai person who has shown me anything to do with the case has mainly been using Wechat to discuss it. It can filter by keyword so direct viewing of messages isn't needed.

I wish people would think before they pass comment, and affect a serious investigation.

I call for ThaiVisa to moderate this better, whether they understand it or not they are clearly having a negative effect on the investigation by wasting police time with useless leads and rumours. RTP when you read this please understand the culture of the foreigner to pass comments on things they have no personal involvement with or do not understand.

Why is it OK for you to speculate, just because you are a temporary foreign resident there, and not OK for others to do the same? People are still speculating because the crime is still unsolved and the rapists and murderers are still at large.

You can continue to leave your very expensive items unattended for a few seconds at a time and that's wonderful but, if you leave your teenage daughter unattended, you might come back and find her raped and hacked to death.

Stop. Think. Breathe. Speak

Plus learn to read things in full, not just want you want to hear.

1) I am not a temporary resident.

2 ) They are facts not speculation

3) Crime here is exceptionally low

4 ) It is not ok for people to affect a murder investigation in a negative and time wasting way.

5 ) My daughter is safer here than in the UK

6) Hannah was not a teenager.

Think of it this way, with all the false stuff put on here that they wasted time following, they could have been looking for the real killers instead of being trolled. It may have even prevented them.

I have travelled the world and feel very fortunate to have done so. If there is one thing this has taught me is that whilst people want the same things, they all agree upon a different way of achieving it. This island is unlike the mainland, world's away from it. It has its own way of doing things, this too wasn't respected by the police during the investigation.

Please think before you speak people you are affecting something very important. If you don't agree with it, petition your local embassy or join the petition on change.org

• Like 1

Why is it OK for you to speculate, just because you are a temporary foreign resident there, and not OK for others to do the same? People are still speculating because the crime is still unsolved and the rapists and murderers are still at large.

You can continue to leave your very expensive items unattended for a few seconds at a time and that's wonderful but, if you leave your teenage daughter unattended, you might come back and find her raped and hacked to death.

4 ) It is not ok for people to affect a murder investigation in a negative and time wasting way.

Think of it this way, with all the false stuff put on here that they wasted time following, they could have been looking for the real killers instead of being trolled. It may have even prevented them.

I have travelled the world and feel very fortunate to have done so. If there is one thing this has taught me is that whilst people want the same things, they all agree upon a different way of achieving it. This island is unlike the mainland, world's away from it. It has its own way of doing things, this too wasn't respected by the police during the investigation.

Please think before you speak people you are affecting something very important. If you don't agree with it, petition your local embassy or join the petition on change.org

Where did you live, Moss Side?

What the hell are you on about? Even my own Thai family who have lived in the UK, who have lived in France would tell you you're utterly wrong.

It is not safe there.

• Like 1

If Koh Tao can only operate by employing primitive immigrant cheap labour , who might endanger the safety of tourists ; perhaps Koh tao should be closed down as a residential holiday island .

Trips for diving could go by boat from the mainland . Full Moon Parties on Koh Phangan should be stopped too , drink , drugs and sex are OK in Thailand if it makes lots of money !

Travel agent around the world should advise tourists of a correct code of behaviour in Thailand and of transgressions that may risk and danger to life .

The problem is that islands such as Koh Phangan and Koh Tao offer tourists the possibility to " Let it all hang out " , that anything goes .

even murder it would seem

• Like 1

I would say it is pretty condescending to discount everyone's views and rights to their opinion. If you disagree with them then you have choices - debate, ignore or leave. Same goes for everyone.

I choose to ignore you, as soon as I am done deleting my very long reply. I decided it would be a waste of time.

• Like 2

Yea lure visitors to their death, if they are in the wrong place at the wrong time .

Welcome the the Venus Thai trap, we want your money and really don't give a damn about your safety.

Russian father of two , electrocuted , Phuket, five star hotel, in swimming pool rescuing his son, watched by his children and wife !

Cause , metal bridge over swimming pool, faulty wiring.

Owner go to jail, ah no , slap over the wrist.

• Like 1

How is helping to expose the lies of the RTP affecting the investigation in a negative way? unless you are a member of the RTP. Wasting time? maybe you think the accused should be already in for life? Have you actually been following the so called investigation at all?

• Like 1

can i ask how old you are?

Ittirit Kinglake, the new president of the TCT, said yesterday that the association would ask the government and local administrative bodies to launch an intensive recovery campaign specifically to rebuild tourism on Koh Tao, where a couple of British tourists were killed on September 15.

Note to self; never, never go to Koh Tao. what a disgusting, screwed up, ideal spot for bombing practice, place.

• Like 2

Where did you live, Moss Side?

What the hell are you on about? Even my own Thai family who have lived in the UK, who have lived in France would tell you you're utterly wrong.

It is not safe there.

Funny I and many people I know have never been a victim of crime nor ever felt threatened at any time. I have never read such complete and utter crap as has been posted here..

Rampant crime ?

Primitive and cheap immigrants,

Vigilante arsonists,

Boycotts

Tsunami's

etc etc.

Yes it was a heinous crime but a very rare one at that. People are getting seriously over the top.

Back in the UK a 14 year old young girl has just been savagely murdered and her body hidden in a river. The killer killed himself and the police botched the whole investigation from day one. The head of Scotland Yard admitted he hadn't a clue yet we don't hear any outcries about this heinous crime like we do this one ?

Koh Tao is a safe place and if anything is even safer now.

• Like 1

ONLY three murders and a double rape in the last few months, never mind all the rapes and violence never reported or brushed under the carpet by the RTP. How about this for a slogan Kho Tao a paradise island to die for.

• Like 2

Again no respect for the victims or their families.. It baffles me that these people in Government insist on behaving like monkeys, which is an insult to monkeys.

Arrest the corrupt police and put them in jail with the real murderers then discuss tourism.

• Like 1

ONLY three murders and a double rape in the last few months, never mind all the rapes and violence never reported or brushed under the carpet by the RTP. How about this for a slogan Kho Tao a paradise island to die for.

These usually turn out to be ignorant kids who are there on extended holiday "living the dream".