How To Get Retirement Visa When in Thailand on Visa Exemption?

What with all this messing about on Chaengwattana Immigration's part, I think I'll definitely follow the line of least resistance and obtain a fresh non-O in Savannakhet should I ever find myself in a similar position!

Personals choices, but a visa trip takes a min. on 24/48 hrs and related expenses as opposed to one morning max at the office.

Personal choices, but why not just get an agent to do it for you and save on drinking time

Last month I went from 30 day entry stamp to 90 day whatever to 12 month extension based on retirement with multiple re-entry, all in 24 hours and am now stamped up to December 2015

Left and come back twice since then and certainly removes that niggling feeling about will I get back in

Yes cost me 35,000 Baht, but saved all the mucking about you fellas are talking about and will only be 24,000 next time

Maybe not for all, but certainly way to go as far as I am concerned

Personal choices, but why not just get an agent to do it for you and save on drinking time

Last month I went from 30 day entry stamp to 90 day whatever to 12 month extension based on retirement with multiple re-entry, all in 24 hours and am now stamped up to December 2015

Did you have to physically go to the Immigration office? Most reports here on agents say, yes, for extensions of stay you must accompany the agent (but not so for 90 day reporting). But, even if that were the case, facilitating going to the 'front of the line' would be worth considerable, at least to me.

"All in 24 hours" What exactly does that entail? Two visits to Immigration? Both visits with the agent, or just one, presumably the final, visit?

Thanks.

Left and come back twice since then and certainly removes that niggling feeling about will I get back in

Yes cost me 35,000 Baht, but saved all the mucking about you fellas are talking about and will only be 24,000 next time

Maybe not for all, but certainly way to

go as far as I am concerned

From what immigration office was your extension is stay?

Did you have to physically go to the Immigration office? Most reports here on agents say, yes, for extensions of stay you must accompany the agent (but not so for 90 day reporting). But, even if that were the case, facilitating going to the 'front of the line' would be worth considerable, at least to me.

"All in 24 hours" What exactly does that entail? Two visits to Immigration? Both visits with the agent, or just one, presumably the final, visit?

Thanks.

Neither time did I go to Immigration, I dropped off my passport together with photos and bankbook at the agents office in Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok one day, and picked up them up the next day with everything taken care of. The agent concerned is well known and advertises the service online.

• Like 1

Neither time did I go to Immigration, I dropped off my passport together with photos and bankbook at the agents office in Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok one day, and picked up them up the next day with everything taken care of. The agent concerned is well known and advertises the service online.

Sounds good to me. Anybody know of something similar in Chiang Mai?

Thanks.

Can you please give me the office's that arranged your visa info? It's urgent. Thanks.

Thanks.

Can you please give me the office's that arranged your visa info? It's urgent. Thanks.

http://bangkokbuddy.com/thai-visa-services/

We are very experienced in obtaining Non-Immigrant O visas for our clients. We assist in the process every step of the way and handle all paperwork and liaise with Thai immigration so you don’t have to show up in person at all. Our ‘one-stop’ service is something our clients value greatly.

Op

if you are leaving Thaiand towards the end of the month why not if possible obtain a non'o' whilst abroad save the two trips to bangkok

Yes, I am leaving soon. To get an 'O' in Canada, the embassy states: other activities (Category "O") as follows:

to stay with the family, to perform duties for the state enterprise or social welfare organizations, to stay after retirement for the elderly, to receive medical treatment, to be a sport coach as required by Thai Government, to be a contestant or witness for the judicial process.

The phrase "to stay after retirement for the elderly," is confusing. Does it mean that one is to take care of an elderly person in retirement?

I'm not married so I guess the following requirement does not apply: "Copy of Thai Marriage Certificate or if Canadian Marriage Certificate, copy must be notarized ("O")".

So based on the preceding, I don't see how I would qualify for an "O" in Canada?

The non-O based on retirement is issued based on you being 50+ years old.

A non-O is in Canada only issued at the honorary consulates, the embassy and general consulates only issue an O-A visa based on retirement. That requires a medical check and criminal record check.

The non-O based on retirement is issued based on you being 50+ years old.

A non-O is in Canada only issued at the honorary consulates, the embassy and general consulates only issue an O-A visa based on retirement. That requires a medical check and criminal record check.

I looked at the application at an honorary consulate in Canada. For the non-immigrant, it requires a reason, and 'tourist' is not valid, should I put "retirement"? Also asks for a "name and address of guarantor (required for non-immigrant visa only)", see attached form. Who should I put as the guarantor?

Visa_Application_Form(1).pdf

Edited by cigar7

To investigate retirement.

You could put just put self in the guarantor space.

This sounds very good. Thank you. Would I need to show/copy my thai bank book, showing monies?

Edited by cigar7

Normally for a single entry non-o proof of funds should not be needed. You should check with them to confirm.

I was considering asking for a multiple entry non-immigrant 'O' and put the reason as "investigate retirement" and use myself as the guarantor. Any special additional requirements for a Consulate, like proof of funds?

I was considering asking for a multiple entry non-immigrant 'O' and put the reason as "investigate retirement" and use myself as the guarantor. Any special additional requirements for a Consulate, like proof of funds?

It depends on the consulate. Each one sets the requirements, so you have to check and contact them in advance.

• Like 1