First Ever World Egg Day is celebrated in Thailand

Lite Beer

First Ever World Egg Day is celebrated in Thailand

BANGKOK, 10 Oct 2014 (NNT) – The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives in cooperation with Thailand’s Egg Board and the International Egg Commission is organizing World Egg Day celebrations from 10-14 October, at Siam Square One shopping center. The event, which is the first of its kind in this country, is held to encourage Thais to eat more chicken eggs which is the Egg Board’s goal.

It is expected that the campaign will raise the egg-consuming trend to 300 eggs per person per year, from 200 eggs per persons. The goal will also match with an expected increase in egg supplies by 2018. The event includes an exhibition to promote public knowledge about egg selection and consumption as well as promote sales of eggs and processed egg products produced by both the government sector such as the Livestock Development Department ,and private egg manufacturers.

Moreover, the World Egg Day event is held to eliminate malnutrition among children in rural areas as eggs are the good access to a sustainable diet since eggs are good and affordable source of high quality protein and contain all the essential vitamins and minerals required for a healthy diet.

Sorravit Thaneto, Deputy Director-General of the Department of Livestock Development said that the department is prioritizing egg production and industrial manufacturing according to the international standard for future egg exports worldwide. Julien Madeley, Director General of International Egg Commission, the organization representing egg businesses all around the globe said that the Commission had decided to cooperate with Thailand thanks to the particular 300-eggs-per-person-per-year initiative launched by the government sector, which, if successfully pursued, will be the fastest-growing egg consumption in the world.

During the event, copies of the “Sun Egg” recipe by Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn are also handed out to visitors.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-10-10 footer_n.gif

"The Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives in cooperation with Thailand’s Egg Board and the International Egg Commission is organizing World Egg Day celebrations from 10-14 October, at Siam Square One shopping center."

Quite appropriate considering how often the national leaders of Thailand get caught with egg on their faces.wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

• Like 2

Cracking idea.

As it happens I think the same eggs will be used for years on end in Thailand.... Give an adult a map and some clues how to find the eggs and no chance.

What chance the kids.

Edited by bertty

Great news

Government should be given courses next year in making some egg dishes as.

*Good omellete

*Oeufs a la Benedictine.

*Hollandaise sauce

*Soufle

This to replaced the in palm oil drained eggs on to off my over cooked cold rice and the eggs boiling for over 3 days in the pork legg jus.

Keep it up government,

EGG-azing Thailand

• Like 1

So, a Thai event is marketed as a world event.

Would any other country do that?

It's like the World Cup being restricted to teams from South America, the Snooker World Championship only having English players or World series baseball only having North American teams. Oh!!! smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

• Like 1

Eggs are a great source of protein and would help children to grow into healthier adults. BUT....eggs containing all the essential vitamins, minerals, etc? Not a chance. Add oranges, veggies to diet as well. I wonder how this World Egg Day can help those children up country if held in a mall in Bangkok? Instead of paying cops to not accept bribes, out that money toward food and give it away to the needy.

It could certainly boost coffin sales -

People with heart disease etc

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/

Its Amazing Thais eat so many to begin with.

Add MSG in the pan and another 100 more a Year

Its a recipe for just more misery .

Poorly thought out-

A great many people are eating far too many already -

But like everything in Thailand Profits matter most first

I saw how the Thai prepare eggs for Khai Dao. They float the egg in a wok of oil until it is cooked. I figure by increasing the Thai's consumption of eggs by 100, the country should see a corresponding increase in obesity and heart disease. Great thinking!

It's not the eggs causing the obesity. It's the gross amounts of sugar. in its original form, ladled on everything from noodles to sauces, sodas, white flour, palm oil (in which the eggs are 'boiled'), convenience foods, and overall lack of exercise, among others, that are the main culprits contributing to heart disease and type 2 diabetes. When I arrived in Thailand years ago, I never noticed overweight children. Now, I see morbidly obese children riding their motorbikes all the time. The healthiest looking people seem to be the field workers who can't afford to buy the more expensive crap food. Their main diet consists of vegetables and rice, which does not cause obesity if it is not combined with other high calorie foods, and they are performing labor intensive work for most of the day. Not sure if the work keeps them thin, or that they don't have the time or means to consume the unhealthy food like products which have caused havoc on the health of many western nations.

Eggs are a great source of protein and would help children to grow into healthier adults. BUT....eggs containing all the essential vitamins, minerals, etc? Not a chance. Add oranges, veggies to diet as well. I wonder how this World Egg Day can help those children up country if held in a mall in Bangkok? Instead of paying cops to not accept bribes, out that money toward food and give it away to the needy.

how it can be hold upcountry? There it is hot and smelly, the sun shines and the hi-so would get brown....no way....