Sex Tourism

JRingo

It makes me laugh.
The family that owns the building I'm living in are "proper" Thais. No one working in a bar or other "sleazy" business like a soapie.
No stigma attached to them based on what they do for a living. Just because they can't blend in and mix in hi-so circles, should they be looked down on ?)

On the one hand you call people not working in Bars or Massage parlours Proper Thais, then you say there is no stigma attached to those that do.

Are they also not proper Thais ?

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you realy dont believe that Garry, you misconstrue my lack of desire to visit Pattaya as me somehow 'not being allowed'. Dont quit understand you there, Though the wife and i will be driving through Pattaya in September when we will stop there and drop some supplies of for Mobidark.

You could even step foot into the sleazy part and come and have a drink with the wife and I? :D

We may just do that Dave. :o

I'm sure you realy dont believe that Garry, you misconstrue my lack of desire to visit Pattaya as me somehow 'not being allowed'. Dont quit understand you there, Though the wife and i will be driving through Pattaya in September when we will stop there and drop some supplies of for Mobidark.

It just so happens that I'll be in Pattaya next week. If you are allowed to visit I'd be happy to buy you a couple of beers and even introduce you to some of my perverted friends. If you are not a better than thou type of guy, I'll even introduce to some of the girls. If your wife objects she can visit with my wife in Jomtien while we look at what's on offer. It just so happens that I am VERY happy with my wife but she is not the jealous type. I do like to look but I'm always happier to go home. I have even been known to play a little grab ass with the girls and actually enjoy myself.

yea......guys go to Pattaya for the girls......:D

Yea, I know.

My definition of 'sex tourist'.....a guy that comes to Thailand for the BG's and nothing else. In other words, if the BG's were not here he would not spend his vacation in Thailand.

99.99999% of The single men travelling to Thailand.

pssssttt......people go to 'Dairy Queen' for the ice cream...keep it to yourself...... :o

It just so happens that I'll be in Pattaya next week. If you are allowed to visit I'd be happy to buy you a couple of beers and even introduce you to some of my perverted friends. If you are not a better than thou type of guy, I'll even introduce to some of the girls. If your wife objects she can visit with my wife in Jomtien while we look at what's on offer. It just so happens that I am VERY happy with my wife but she is not the jealous type. I do like to look but I'm always happier to go home. I have even been known to play a little grab ass with the girls and actually enjoy myself.

Garry i would be happy to have a couple of beers with you sometime, unfortunatly i work 6+ days per week and so dont have as much free time as i would like. I am not some 'better than thou' type of guy i just realy have no interest in the whole prositute scene, I also dislike the image that many foreigners give out to there hosts and dislike the fact that we all get Pigeon-Holed together by many Thai people.

We can have a beer sometime for sure though. :o

Edited by Lacoste

It makes me laugh.

The family that owns the building I'm living in are "proper" Thais. No one working in a bar or other "sleazy" business like a soapie.
No stigma attached to them based on what they do for a living. Just because they can't blend in and mix in hi-so circles, should they be looked down on ?)

On the one hand you call people not working in Bars or Massage parlours Proper Thais, then you say there is no stigma attached to those that do.

Are they also not proper Thais ?

As far as I'm concerned they are, but if you read through this thread, you'll notice that a couple people here like to look down their noses at anyone associated with bars/go-gos/and/or massage parlours.

I emphasized the "proper" for the benefit of those people, who would otherwise assume those people to be lessor beings due to the fact that they associate with a...........gasp..........farang !

I treat the woman that runs the laundry shop the same as the woman that is the mamsan of a local a-go-go. They are both working to earn a living, supporting their families and hoping for a better future. I see no reason to look down on one of them, because she works in a "dirty" business.

I treat the woman that runs the laundry shop the same as the woman that is the mamsan of a local a-go-go. They are both working to earn a living, supporting their families and hoping for a better future. I see no reason to look down on one of them, because she works in a "dirty" business.

They both do :o

Dave, I normally don't visit high class joints but I may make an exception and stop in to see you. If your wife will be there, I'll bring mine too. Unfortunately she prefers to allow me to make an ass of my self all by myself.

You could even step foot into the sleazy part and come and have a drink with the wife and I? :o

Dave, I normally don't visit high class joints but I may make an exception and stop in to see you. If your wife will be there, I'll bring mine too. Unfortunately she prefers to allow me to make an ass of my self all by myself.

You could even step foot into the sleazy part and come and have a drink with the wife and I? :D

Not sure about the high class bit but i guarantee that you won't find better musicians ( :D:o ). :D

Your very welcome to pop in

Edited by davethailand

Kerry, very nice play on words.

Covering both angles with Dirty Laundry and Dirty Business.

Respect.

By the way, I'll be in Pattaya Sunday Night! :D

Just recieved a call from my higher power, not needed for 3 weeks , take a holiday. Fine by me, I may have to go to Yodsak to do some research into the sleazier side of life. :o

I will be down there shortly, my time in the monastery here in Chiang Mai will be up soon. You will be able to recognize me because of my shaved head and eyebrows.

I am planning on opening up a religious book store combination beer bar on Beach road or maybe Soi six.

I have a new concept that I think will work well. Buy one book for $100 and I’ll throw in a bar girl and all the beer you can drink with no bar fine.

The name of the place will of course be “The religious book store.”

So, when your wife asks you where you are you can say, The religious book store and be completely truthful.

I will have religion classes daily for the ladies so they will be able to converse intelligently with those men who would like to discuss religious books.

Stuff like “let he who is without sin cast the first stone.”

I will be down there shortly, my time in the monastery here in Chiang Mai will be up soon. You will be able to recognize me because of my shaved head and eyebrows.

I am planning on opening up a religious book store combination beer bar on Beach road or maybe Soi six.

I have a new concept that I think will work well. Buy one book for $100 and I’ll throw in a bar girl and all the beer you can drink with no bar fine.

So, when your wife asks you where you are you can say, The religious book store and be completely truthful.

I will have religion classes daily for the ladies so they will be able to converse intelligently with those men who would like to discuss religious books.

Pulling our leg now? On the internet in a monastery? During Khao Pansa? Or is it a Catholic monastery :o

Pulling our leg now? On the internet in a monastery? During Khao Pansa? Or is it a Catholic monastery :o

My lady and five of her friends are checking in to the Wat next week and have suggested I do the same. As a group they all think it would be very good for me. Seriously I agree but I am a little concerned about the eating, drinking, toilet facilities, and the lack of creature comforts that I am used to. The sleeping and waking hours are also a little different from what I am used to.

The last time I was in a monastery was 35 years ago so I guess I am due for a tune up. Maybe next year. Although I do suggest the experience to all who have the opportunity.

To be completely honest and I really try to do that most times, the thought of a Catholic monastery would be bad for me and the other people in residence.

One of the reasons I enjoy Thailand so much was my Catholic upbringing that included 12 years in Catholic schools and numerous religious theology courses in college.

I have been beat up by three orders of nuns, two orders of priests and one order of brothers.

Although having said that I have a relic of St Anthony (those who know about St Anthony will understand) and three white strings around my wrist from my visits to the Wat last week.

Trying to cover all my bases as I lech my way through my remaining years waiting to die in this elephants graveyard of has been soldiers of fortune‘s, near do well authors, moguls, sex addicts, belligerent curmudgeons and aging football hooligans.

Some of the moral warriors on this thread might want to move to Saudi Arabia for a change where Arab News reported today about the sentencing of a pimp and his prostitute who were caught in a sting operation by the police a while back.

Both were sentenced to 4 years in prison and 2000 lashes :o

[

... To be completely honest and I really try to do that most times, the thought of a Catholic monastery would be bad for me and the other people in residence.

One of the reasons I enjoy Thailand so much was my Catholic upbringing that included 12 years in Catholic schools and numerous religious theology courses in college. ...

Yes, we have our differences, but your honesty is one of the things I appreciate about you Mark45 - oh sorry, excuse me - KerryK.

When I was about 4 going on 5, I used to beg my parents to send me to the local Catholic school because I loved the girls' outfits. I guess only being able to afford public school has its merits.

Some of the moral warriors on this thread might want to move to Saudi Arabia for a change where Arab News reported today about the sentencing of a pimp and his prostitute who were caught in a sting operation by the police a while back.

I am no expert but wouldn’t 2000 lashes kill them?

Kat - still not too late to don one of the catholic school uniforms. :o

:D

Dominican High school for girls. The Mother Superior posted a notice threatening expulsion to any of the students that were caught going out with me. They work plaid skirts with a white blouse, a little vest thing and shoes that did not reflect images. It was April of 1961.

In June of 1961 I wrote the Mother Superior a thank you note.

It would definately give a tennis elbow to the guy handing out the lashes so probably the number of 2000 will be spread out over the prison duration.

I guess that would depend on whether it was a piece of 2 by 4 being weilded by 'Wakeem the Weightlifter' or a daffodil by 'Mohammed the Mincer'.

For sure 2000 lashes is going to leave your back looking like a lattice wall.

It would definately give a tennis elbow to the guy handing out the lashes so probably the number of 2000 will be spread out over the prison duration.

Might have been 200 lashes. News article today about a 16 year old girl in Iran, that was hanged 2 years ago for sexual promiscuity.

Between the ages of 14-16, she had been arrested and charged twice for having sex with a married man. Each time she received 100 lashes and a short jail term, where the guards apparently abused and raped her as well.

The 4th time she was arrested, (16 years old), after being repeatedly raped by a 51 y.o. married man, she ended up being sentenced to be hanged. (The man who raped her ? He got 95 lashes). Gotta love Sharia law. :D

Iran is a signatory to an international treaty that prevents people under the age of 18 from being executed. So how did they get around that ? In the appeals paperwork, the judge looked at the girl and decided she must be 22 years of age based on her body's developement. Her father had her birth certificate, but the judge ignored it. The judge delivered the paperwork to the appeals court himself and argued that his sentence should be upheld (the girl wasn't allowed to appear, nor was anyone allowed to defend her at this appeal apparently).

The same judge that sentenced her to death, put the noose around her neck in the public square where she was executed. He then signalled the crane operator to hoist her up, where she was left to kick and squirm until she eventually choked to death. 45 minutes later her body was lowered to the ground.

Makes me glad to be living in a country like Thailand. It may not be perfect, but there is little chance of similar events happening here (unless you are a drug-dealer in the north of course). :D

Trolls

Some people have called me a Troll.

I would like to clarify a few things.

First, you have it all wrong.

The word “troll” used in this context is suppose to be a verb. It is not the noun like

the “troll” that lives under a bridge, it is “troll” the verb as in fishing.

The lazy fisherman baits his hook and throws it overboard from a moving boat.

The idea is to drag your bait through a school of fish and see if anyone bites.

So if this is what you think I’m doing, then my “posts” are trolls not me.

It has nothing to do with the “troll” under the bridge.

Second, some people have said “Don’t feed the Troll” after some of my posts.

As you know now from the above explanation this is totally incorrect use of the

English language. You can’t feed a verb.

Maybe what the poster really meant to say is; “Don’t bite the troll”.

Sometimes I wonder myself if I am trolling.

I have come to the conclusion that maybe it is maybe it isn’t.

I’m here to have fun and get a few chuckles like the rest of you…

so who cares what it is I do?

Even if it were proven that I was trolling, and even if I admitted I was trolling…

so what…where’s the harm?

Some forums have ugly, rude and mean trolls and those annoy everyone.

But we are not talking about that are we. I am certainly not in that group.

Sometimes I wonder if my style is more akin to fur trapping.

I have a trap line and every day walk the trap line to see what I caught overnight.

If one trap doesn’t catch something I will re-bait it with fresh bait and try again.

If that still doesn’t work I will move the trap to a new location.

But…then again…this isn’t what I do either.

What is it that I do that is so bad? I forget.