Britain summons Thai envoy over Koh Tao tourist murder probe

webfact

I don't think the Aussies should chirp too much. Not so long ago their own Police informed Singapore Customs of Australian citizens Heroin mules about to leave Singapore and return to Australia, They were arrested in Singapore airport and subsequently hung

What a brilliant stroke of thinking by the Aussies or did you have a better idea prat, ooops ExPratt.

• Like 1

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, this thread would be so much more credible and useful if it stayed on topic, getting real boring reading posts about poms and aussies. So back to the matter in hand.

Looks like the Thai PM is completely contradicting the British statement and putting his own spin on it. I know which one I believe and its not the Thai version! http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/world/article/thai-pm-plays-down-concern-over-tourist-murder-investigation

Very pradictable

Next spin will be that the Thai ambassador to Great Britain will go on a preplanned holiday to Thailand...

Jesus, this thread would be so much more credible and useful if it stayed on topic, getting real boring reading posts about poms and aussies. So back to the matter in hand.

Looks like the Thai PM is completely contradicting the British statement and putting his own spin on it. I know which one I believe and its not the Thai version! http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/world/article/thai-pm-plays-down-concern-over-tourist-murder-investigation

Very pradictable

Next spin will be that the Thai ambassador to Great Britain will go on a preplanned holiday to Thailand...

it's so disheartening

Here are two blogs that provide very insightful background on police and mafia activities on Koh Tao.

http://mikeestravels.com/2014/09/25/the-dark-side-of-thailands-island-paradise/

http://drugsinthailand.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-koh-tao-story.html

The first is good general information about the 5 mafia families there, while the second is a chilling personal experience that illustrates police involvement in the drug trade, extortion and setting up patsies.

Thanks for posting the best outline of these murders and background into the Koh Toa mafia.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I don't think the Aussies should chirp too much. Not so long ago their own Police informed Singapore Customs of Australian citizens Heroin mules about to leave Singapore and return to Australia, They were arrested in Singapore airport and subsequently hung

What a brilliant stroke of thinking by the Aussies or did you have a better idea prat, ooops ExPratt.

E Pratt , will be sufficient until the proper introductions are made ,

Britain now has DNA from Hannah and also the two innocents in jail.

That is why they are now getting more involved.

source?

So, there is no source which can be mentioned. sweatalot doesn't show us this source.

As far as I read in non censored UK newspapers UK police have DNA obtained from Hannah's parents, that's all. Hannah's body was brought back to England straight to their home by her parents and it was nowhere ever mentioned that her body was ever in hands of British police. Her parents stated they were happy that their beautiful daughter was now back at her home.

And how did Britain get the DNA from the two innocents in jail, sweatalot? Can you back up your claims?

You got it wrong. Ask bertty. I would like to know, too.

Sorry, I just realize that I asked the wrong person. I apologize for this.

No prob

According to the next-to-the-last sentence of theGuaredian article on the same UK FCO's expression of real concerns:

The accused are to appear in court in Koh Samui on Wednesday.

Oh yes, don't hold your breath. The Thai 'justice' system will push through guilty verdicts, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. You have to remember, you're dealing with the most corrupt official mafia in the world according to the UN - apart from Colombia, that is.

We will all have to accept that NOTHING will prevent the Thai legal system to bring in a guilty verdict. And there's nothing we can do about it.

We will all have to accept that NOTHING will prevent the Thai legal system to bring in a guilty verdict. And there's nothing we can do about it.

Never surrender.

Britain now has DNA from Hannah and also the two innocents in jail.

That is why they are now getting more involved.

source?

So, there is no source which can be mentioned. sweatalot doesn't show us this source.

As far as I read in non censored UK newspapers UK police have DNA obtained from Hannah's parents, that's all. Hannah's body was brought back to England straight to their home by her parents and it was nowhere ever mentioned that her body was ever in hands of British police. Her parents stated they were happy that their beautiful daughter was now back at her home.

And how did Britain get the DNA from the two innocents in jail, sweatalot? Can you back up your claims?

You got it wrong. Ask bertty. I would like to know, too.

Sorry, I just realize that I asked the wrong person. I apologize for this.

No prob

So you think Hannah's parents keep her body in her bedroom for 3 weeks before she was buried ?

Of course there will have been an autopsy.

As for getting the DNA from the two guys, a handshake and a little scratch of the hand, simple.

Edited by bertty

DELIBERATE BLATANT FALSEHOODS.

Prayuth again asserts Brit Govt "has no problems with investigation into death of two tourists"

Prayuth denies Brit Govt summoned Thai charge d`affaires to raise concerns. His chap just popped in to FO to explain how well the police were doing.

Just like when Pol Comm General described the purpose of Mark Kent`s visit to police HQ as being to congratulate him on his appointment! Then said MK also congratulated on exemplary investigation.

The Asian correspondent link has the latest. Reichs Minister of Propaganda & National Enlightenment once said if you tell a BIG enough LIE you can get away with it

These people are shameless. "You can fool some people all of the time, all of the people some of the time BUT you can`t fool all the people all of the time!" The Apologists are not being fooled, they are willing participants in a campaign of disinformation. Newspeak, doublespeak.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/127396

To bertty post #285:

As long as you cannot back up your claims, your comments about DNA of Miss Hanna Witheridge and the two Burmese in possession of British authorities are only something you think has happened. Explain us maybe how British authorities would obtain DNA samples of the two accused Burmese??

Edited by Dario

To bertty:

As long as you cannot back up your claims, your comments about DNA of Miss Hanna Witheridge and the two Burmese in possession of British authorities are only assumptions of yours. Explain us maybe how British authorities would obtain DNA samples of the two accused Burmese??

Familial DNA testing could be done on the parents and siblings of the accused which will reveal whether there is a match to samples which would have been gathered at a forensic autopsy which almost certainly will have happened in the UK.

To bertty:

As long as you cannot back up your claims, your comments about DNA of Miss Hanna Witheridge and the two Burmese in possession of British authorities are only assumptions of yours. Explain us maybe how British authorities would obtain DNA samples of the two accused Burmese??

Familial DNA testing could be done on the parents and siblings of the accused which will reveal whether there is a match to samples which would have been gathered at a forensic autopsy which almost certainly will have happened in the UK.

I have read that British authorities have obtained DNA from Miss Witheridge's parents, yes. But bertty wrote that they also have the DNA of the two accused Burmese. That is pure nonsense and just not true.

To bertty post #285:

As long as you cannot back up your claims, your comments about DNA of Miss Hanna Witheridge and the two Burmese in possession of British authorities are only something you think has happened. Explain us maybe how British authorities would obtain DNA samples of the two accused Burmese??

Just another guess, the Burmese would have sent them.

The Burmese went to see the two guys. Do you not think they would have given them little scratch and walked out with DNA under the finger nail.

You don't have to be James Bond to work that out.

To bertty post #285:

The Burmese went to see the two guys. Do you not think they would have given them little scratch and walked out with DNA under the finger nail.

Actually you do have to be James Bond

• Like 2

To bertty post #285:

Connery or Moore or Brosnan?

Please don't say the new bloke.

To bertty post #285:

Connery or Moore or Brosnan?

Please don't say the new bloke.

In this case, Lazenby I think.

Perhaps Niven.

Edited by jdinasia
  • Like 1

If thai authorities do not allow a respected objective independent transparent analysis and investigation the message given to the world will be : welcome tourists but should you be raped, and or murdered we will protect the guilty so that they may rape and murder again. We will protect tourism and find someone to blame for the crimes, guilt or innocence is irrelevant.

a thai language website csi la show thai people doubt greatly also. they even mention sending email to every human on earth about the injustice they are sick of.

Edited by atyclb
  • Like 1

The fix is in I'm afraid.

With all this talk of lawyers obtaining DNA of accused and victims is pointless really. Exactly who is this DNA to be given to? The judges!

This upcoming courtcase is not as we are used to, IE a judge and jury. Thai judges are notoriously corrupt and will deliver whatever verdict they are told to or paid to do, and in this case the dictator has given his orders.

There are too many examples of their corruption. Sometimes they have been paid to give bail and the accused absconds, one example is Lisa Marie Smith and is widely acknowledged her HK based insurance exec. father paid Bt1 Mill. to obtain bail for serious heroin charges and then she left the country; other times they have taken a share (police and prosecution get their cut too) of payment for a verdict of not guilty.

Also keep in mind the courts here are not independant of the government of the day and the dictator has given the finger to the Uk's requests and will do as he wants; this is what dictators do and is anyone surprised? To all of the fascist wannabes that cheered the illegal military coup,"you shall reap what you sow", and now you're reaping. This is a consequence of checks and balances (such as they were) being suspended for rule by military. It's all rather depressing.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Here are two blogs that provide very insightful background on police and mafia activities on Koh Tao.

The first is good general information about the 5 mafia families there, while the second is a chilling personal experience that illustrates police involvement in the drug trade, extortion and setting up patsies.

Thanks for posting the best outline of these murders and background into the Koh Toa mafia.

2nd link is very relevant(and I can vouch for it being totally true story). The charming "Pee" in the story was one of the 1st at the crime scene, appearing in lots of photos. What could possibly go wrong with such a scumbags involvement. Ah yes, everything!

• Like 1

2nd link is very relevant(and I can vouch for it being totally true story). The charming "Pee" in the story was one of the 1st at the crime scene, appearing in lots of photos. What could possibly go wrong with such a scumbags involvement. Ah yes, everything!

Err no, he is not. You didn't read the account correctly.

One of these locals was a pretty but powerfull looking thai lady who was envolved with the running of the dive shop , lets , for the sake of anonimity call her pee[unquote].

Err no, he is not. You didn't read the account correctly.

One of these locals was a pretty but powerfull looking thai lady who was envolved with the running of the dive shop , lets , for the sake of anonimity call her pee[unquote].

who said anything about a "he"?

The fix is in I'm afraid.

With all this talk of lawyers obtaining DNA of accused and victims is pointless really. Exactly who is this DNA to be given to? The judges!

This upcoming courtcase is not as we are used to, IE a judge and jury. Thai judges are notoriously corrupt and will deliver whatever verdict they are told to or paid to do, and in this case the dictator has given his orders.

There are too many examples of their corruption. Sometimes they have been paid to give bail and the accused absconds, one example is Lisa Marie Smith and is widely acknowledged her HK based insurance exec. father paid Bt1 Mill. to obtain bail for serious heroin charges and then she left the country; other times they have taken a share (police and prosecution get their cut too) of payment for a verdict of not guilty.

Also keep in mind the courts here are not independant of the government of the day and the dictator has given the finger to the Uk's requests and will do as he wants; this is what dictators do and is anyone surprised? To all of the fascist wannabes that cheered the illegal military coup,"you shall reap what you sow", and now you're reaping. This is a consequence of checks and balances (such as they were) being suspended for rule by military. It's all rather depressing.

Cheers.

Not so fast

if independent DNA was shown to be negative, it will be all over the news, who are waiting to blow this wide open

front page of the Bangkok Post, again today

there are people who would like to see this government collapse, and who knows who may be playing quiet hand here