Man arrested for sexually assaulting blind woman in Bangkok

webfact

Man arrested for sexually assaulting blind woman
By Coconuts Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- A 40-year-old man was arrested yesterday after he sexually assaulted a blind woman at her home in the western Bangkok's Phasi Charoen district.

Police placed Sompop Homsuwan, 40, under arrest at Petchkasem Hospital where he had been treated for wounds inflicted by an angry mob who attacked him for allegedly assaulting the woman.

According to the police, Sompop confessed to the crime and it occurred after he was drinking with his boss in Soi Chareonwithi on Wednesday. But he didn’t blame the alcohol or himself for the crime, instead Sompop blamed a “naughty video” which aroused him and provoked his violent attack.

On his way home, Sompop said he saw a blind woman walking by herself, so he got off his motorbike and stalked the victim on foot because, police recount, he thought she may have been a virgin and would not be able to identify him.

When the victim, 30, reached her home, Sompop attacked her and raped her until locals heard her screams and came to her rescue.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/10/14/man-arrested-sexually-assaulting-blind-woman

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-10-14

• Like 1

"But he didnt blame the alcohol or himself for the crime, instead Sompop blamed a naughty video which aroused him and provoked his violent attack."

He didn't blame himself?

No remorse, no sense of guilt, just "it wasn't my fault, the video made me do it"

Blame the world, blame the movies, blame anyone or anything but me.

Self centred, pathetic, dispicable, dumb ass scum.

Was the ' naughty video ' Thai or foreign, could play a big part in his defence.

• Like 1

Another day another scum.

But can somebody please explain to me the following paragraph from the article?

"On his way home, Sompop said he saw a blind woman walking by herself, so he got off his motorbike and stalked the victim on foot because, police recount, he thought she may have been a virgin and would not be able to identify him."

I've read it many times.......doesn't make sense to me........

It's very simple, not to say glaringly obvious, what it means.

"...he thought she may have been a virgin...". What that means is he thought she may have been a virgin. Perhaps that notion appealed to him.

"...and would not be able to identify him." The woman was blind so he thought that she would not be able to identify him.

• Like 1

And he got beat up by those who went to her rescue, good job, pity one of them didn't have a knife and cut his balls off.

Would it be too sick to transplant his balls with his eyeballs and vice versa?

There is a real problem in this country with their sense of right and wrong.....and there seems to be no consideration of the consequences which might indicate that punishment might be too light for some crimes. Seems like there have been more senseless crimes this year....might have something to do with the economy.

There is a real problem in this country with their sense of right and wrong.....and there seems to be no consideration of the consequences which might indicate that punishment might be too light for some crimes. Seems like there have been more senseless crimes this year....might have something to do with the economy.

What country are you from?

Edit for typo

Edited by jdinasia

Hey a Thai would never do this!

How long do you intend to parade this type of response here on the TV forum?

Its been written atleast 1,000 times in the past month by similarly unimaginative posters.

Time for some new material?

Because it is appropriate that those words ring back in the ears of tinpot Pol. Col. Maj. Sgt. Whatsisname who came out with them, and that everyone understands that this is how the police see things.

I still laugh every time I hear it.

• Like 2

Its been written atleast 1,000 times in the past month by similarly unimaginative posters.

Because it is appropriate that those words ring back in the ears of tinpot Pol. Col. Maj. Sgt. Whatsisname who came out with them, and that everyone understands that this is how the police see things.

Do you really laugh every time?

I would not have expected you so easily amused.

I am curious since I never saw an actual video clip but did he say those exact words he is credited for in English? Or was it a translation?

Did you ever read a book titled, "No Country for Old Men" by the great writer Cormac McCarthy?

If so, do you recall Sheriff Ed Tom Bell?

So every time you read of a violent sexual act against a woman and you hear someone make that joke it makes you laugh?

I have always enjoyed your posts but I have to say this is the first time I am actually disappointed in one of your responses.

Makes sense. I can picture you now, slapping your knee and howling every time this old chestnut is dragged out once again by some mental midget.

If I may digress a bit: went to see the movie Gone Girl the other night. Some guy two rows in front of me (huge MF, looked like they had to crowbar him into the seat) would let out a howl of laughter in a very high-pitched voice at the most inappropriate moments. People would turn their heads and look at him puzzled. Did nothing to deter him though. Marched to the beat of a different drum, my guess.

As to the original OP: it's always a good thing when a little justice can be vigorously meted out on the spot. i'm not surprised to see honest every day Thai people expressing a well justified outrage.