Pattaya to be rebranded as World sport destination

webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love sports and live in Pattaya, cycle all over place and recently my insurance agent saw me and told me " do you know what you are doing is considered a dangerous sports " It is mentioned in your policy? I said I know but it doesn't specifically mentioned cycling? So can some Thai official speak to the Insurance industry and take it off their list?

What has Kobkarn been doing before she became Sports and Tourism Minister?

I believe that she has family connections that make her wealthy and socially acceptable, but no idea what she has actually done before.

Let's face it, Tourism is suffering, Koh Tao in particular, so she has to come up with an idea a day so that she can walk into the next government cabinet meeting and tell her colleagues that a fairly dire situation is being fixed by her 9,10,11 or how ever many ideas she has announced.

None of them will actually happen, but just as Hitler moved around imaginary battalions of troops, so the Thai politicians come up with idea after idea .........and do none of them.

Pattaya a 'Sport's Hub'?

I needed a laugh to cheer me up and this headline has given it to me

I've watched a fair amount of 'pole vaulting' in Soi 7, and engaged in regular muff 'diving' searching for that perfect 10

Lots of disillusioned 'high jumpers' to be found atop high rise buildings, and I once enjoyed a 'triple jump' with three obliging newbies from Buriram Province

Lots of 'hurdles' to be overcome to retain my residency status

I've avoided the'shot' only because the assailant was high on yaba. Tried 'pistol shooting' in the bowels of Tiffany's but the number of dead bodies lying around put me off

Have also attempted wrestling' but ended up biting my own willie by mistake when I was held in a Boston crab

Lost 11-0 at 'ping pong'to a bar girl who didn't even have a bat

Think I'll do what I do best - be an interested voyeur rather than a participant

I apologize if people have already made suggestions like this, but...

Pattaya can have its own unique sports;

The Jet-Ski Scam Dash: This is where you run for life after a jet-ski scammer tries to hit you up for a BS 20,000 baht repair bill.

Lady Boy Wrestling: In this one, you have to wrestle off two or more lady boys who try to embrace and pickpocket you on Beach Road.

Or...Hop-scotch down the beach avoiding the broken glass, the 10 meter dash when crossing 2nd Road, Limbo dancing around traffic on Soi Diana, the "Ugly Man" contest on Soi 6 (as EVERY man there is a hansum man), motorcycle taxi rodeo....

Edited by jaywalker

I apologize if people have already made suggestions like this, but...

Pattaya can have its own unique sports;

The Jet-Ski Scam Dash: This is where you run for life after a jet-ski scammer tries to hit you up for a BS 20,000 baht repair bill.

Lady Boy Wrestling: In this one, you have to wrestle off two or more lady boys who try to embrace and pickpocket you on Beach Road.

Or...Hop-scotch down the beach avoiding the broken glass, the 10 meter dash when crossing 2nd Road, Limbo dancing around traffic on Soi Diana, the "Ugly Man" contest on Soi 6 (as EVERY man there is a hansum man), motorcycle taxi rodeo....

I think this is a good idea and so bad for so many to mock, surely it behoves all to make it a success by building on strengths. I thought the bar girl beer belly hurdles should be a winner, the Ladyboy egg and spoon race (2 spoons of course), not to mention ensuring happiness is spread to all by the ever popular synchronised soapy massage with happy ending should prove popular. There is of course the more robust sports like bar girl ping pong trap shooting which should get the TV cameras whirring too.