Pattaya to be rebranded as World sport destination

webfact

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bike lanes make me think of backpackers, young folks without money...I know many bike riders who are not young or backpackers but....On the same day, the PM states he wants only quality tourist. Can you have both?

Why is it that every event is now "world". World egg day, World sports destination. World tourism? Children say things like, "I'm the strongest in the whole wide world"....

Use the money to educate Thais. Then clean the shiit off the sand and out of the water. Worlds dirtiest beach can not hold sporting events. Then arrest every jet ski clown. Then...OH NEVER MIND.. never happen. All you want is money not a better Thailand. Tourists Beware.

Edited by IAMSOBAD
  • Like 1

I hope the bicycle lanes are more successful than the pedestrian crossings.

I hopw more succesful than the sidewalks with moving and parked motorbikes, stalls, restaurant table etc blocking them and making everything difficult for the pedestrian

in some smaller toensw in the area, people actually stop and wave you across the street when they see you attempting to cross,,,in Pattaya it seems like they step on the gas

the drivers in this city break every traffic law known to man with what seems like immunity from the police,,,which is why they do it

I have heard that this is the Thai way but many falangs just as bad or worse,,,how many lives get lost every year before something changes

I myself am out of here to another city,,,before I become one of the statistics

The bicycle lanes would be built with a budget of the Department of Physical Education; however, the best location of bicycle lanes will be discussed with local residents and provincial chambers of commerce before the construction starts.

That's rich.

Clear the sidewalks first!

How about a PEDESTRIAN ENDANGERMENT FINE for motor bikes and vehicles that force pedestrians into the street,...now that would go a long way towards an eco-friendly tourist trade,....and they could use the BILLIONS of Baht from fines to build the bike trails.

A PEDESTRIAN ENDANGERMENT FINE should start at 2000 baht,...but the penalty for PEDESTRIAN ENDANGERMENT of those injured because of being forced into the roadway, should be more, and include jail time.

I know of several large academic conferences held in Pattaya. It seemed to be trying to establish itself as a conference venue.

The conferences I know were very successful, but some of the delegates got a bit of a shock wondering around after dinner!

Wondering why they chose Pattaya?

I hope the bicycle lanes are more successful than the pedestrian crossings.

I hopw more succesful than the sidewalks with moving and parked motorbikes, stalls, restaurant table etc blocking them and making everything difficult for the pedestrian

in some smaller toensw in the area, people actually stop and wave you across the street when they see you attempting to cross,,,in Pattaya it seems like they step on the gas

the drivers in this city break every traffic law known to man with what seems like immunity from the police,,,which is why they do it

I have heard that this is the Thai way but many falangs just as bad or worse,,,how many lives get lost every year before something changes

I myself am out of here to another city,,,before I become one of the statistics

For many in Thailand, a car/truck is a sign of elitist status,...and as elitist status is a special status,...they should go first,...unimpeded. Whenever I cross the road (only at designated, painted places) I think of the young Bangkok elitist girl who ran over a pedestrian, and stood on the side with her cell phone, upset that this now dead person delayed her.

The bicycle lanes would be built with a budget of the Department of Physical Education; however, the best location of bicycle lanes will be discussed with local residents and provincial chambers of commerce before the construction starts.

That's rich.

Clear the sidewalks first!

It's my guess that any bicycle lanes will be used for motorcycles first. And the stray dogs will like the warm paths undisturbed by cars.

PS in Jomtien, did any cyclist recently try to use the bicycle paths built along the sides of 2nd beach road? My last observation several months back showed that greenery was taking over, some canal access holes open traps, and garbage deposited all over the place ...

I know of several large academic conferences held in Pattaya. It seemed to be trying to establish itself as a conference venue.

The conferences I know were very successful, but some of the delegates got a bit of a shock wondering around after dinner!

Wondering why they chose Pattaya?

Probably because of the large number of golf courses nearby - and that is why they were successful.

Most people I know go to conferences to get away from work and have a good time and then claim it as a tax deduction.

Give them a chance it took centuries for places like Blackpool etc and European resort towns like Cannes and many more to establish themselves this is a 3rd world country what do expect they have a big learning curve to achieve there goals come back in 50 years, maybe a change will have happened. cheesy.gif