Can Thais hold a secret?

Costas2008

I’ve been living in Thailand for the last 7 years and been married to my lovely wife for the past 5 years.

Before we were living in sin………

As everybody does, my wife has also got secrets.

Or, I better say, had secrets.

I discovered that with some soft persuasion, an extra cuddle or a kiss, everything is revealed.

And then I discovered that most of the Thais, male or female, I know, they don’t need much to reveal to you any secrets they have.

Off course, not with cuddles and kisses…….but soft persuasion (I'm not a pervert)

If you show, you trust them and their secret is safe with you, there will be no hesitation at all to tell you any secrets they have.

I wonder if it’s just me or other members have realized by now that it’s not difficult at all to make a Thai, come out with a secret they’ve got.

Not only that. But I’ve got the impression that Thais have the urge to tell others about their secrets.

Can’t hold anything inside them…..it has to come out……it has to become public.

But also by doing that, they are prone to manipulation.

Somebody with a higher IQ than them (not me, my IQ is very low, nearly touches the floor), can deliberately tell somebody something as a secret, knowing that in a few days it will be known by everyone else.

What are your thoughts and experiences on this subject?

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the best way in general is to not ask....many people have an urge to tell secrets.

If you ask for the secret they can fight this urge but if you don't ask they tell. I am an extreme boring human when someone is speaking with me, so they tell their secrets to tell something.....

• Like 2

OP..................NO, definitely NOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

Just try........an extra cuddle and a kiss.......you will be surprized.........

That don't work with the inlaws..whistling.gif ..............w00t.gif

True in itself but....experienced about an issue i had......5 different stories....from 5 different people.....when i questioned the credibility of their answer....up to you was the reply from 1, another just came up with a another explanation.....

Gossip is alive and well in Thailand and practised by everyone. There are no secrets.

Most of what they talk about will be incorrect nonsense but that won't stop them.

On the occasions I've wanted to find out something about someone I just wandered into the particular bar he was associated with and bought a few people who knew him drinks and asked away - they told me everything I wanted to know without even questioning why I wanted to know !

they told you what you wanted to hear which isnt necessarily the truth.

• Like 1

Not only that. But I’ve got the impression that Thais have the urge to tell others about their secrets.

Can’t hold anything inside them…..it has to come out……it has to become public.

I discovered that with some soft persuasion, an extra cuddle or a kiss, everything is revealed.

"...it has to become public."

So you're saying all this cuddling and carrying on is taking place in public and the secret is then announced to all & sundry who were standing about while you plied your interrogation techniques?

Presumably the "secrets" held would only hold interest to a fairly small, domestic audience rather than any news media. Or is your wife privy to information that might fall under the Official Secrets Act?

Maybe a little insight as to the nature of these secrets your wife, and Thais generally, are in possession of would help. I can't think of anything of more than passing interest most Thai acquaintances of mine would be able to reveal to me or the general populace, especially if I were to start fondling them in public ... although it could generate some unpleasant comments about keeping my hands to myself.

Maybe "secrets" might better be described as "gossip" or late breaking developments in her favorite soap opera??

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Costas, maybe you should hop in bed with that police chief over on KT, ya never know, with a little of your soft persuasion, a little cuddle or a kiss and maybe all will be revealed and we can rest this case? cheesy.gif

He's not my type.

His ar$$ is too hairy for me.

Please, send me a photo of yours, djhotsox, maybe you are as hot as your username indicatessmile.png

Edited by Costas2008

People can't and won't keep secrets. Anywhere. Period. (Achtung Stereotype Squad, I'm stereotyping the whole human race here!)

To quote my friend's favorite slogan [and his t-shirt]:

"Three can keep a secret if two are dead."

• Like 1

My thoughts were similar as yours.....until......

Please tell us......promise I'll keep it a secret...........

Costas,...

How you keep coming up with those situations ? ;-)

If IQ and Ego meet the same level.... one of them is a stumble stone, the other a step stone...

I know a lot of Thai persons with a high IQ but with a low EGO...

• Like 1