Run in with local gang

Julie H

A solid piece of advice,

if you are a guy (or group of guys) do not enter Thai Karaoke bars (unless accompanied by Thais). I'm sure there are some safe ones but I've heard sooooo many stories of foreigners coming to grief in one. In fact, steer clear of drinking with Thai guys (unless you know them well), another nest of possible vipers!!

sooooooooooooooo many stories???

can you give me 5 please, more than interested to here them, as i havent heard anyt. Most likely there is the odd one but come on lets see the facts.

A solid piece of advice,

if you are a guy (or group of guys) do not enter Thai Karaoke bars (unless accompanied by Thais). I'm sure there are some safe ones but I've heard sooooo many stories of foreigners coming to grief in one. In fact, steer clear of drinking with Thai guys (unless you know them well), another nest of possible vipers!!

sooooooooooooooo many stories???

can you give me 5 please, more than interested to here them, as i havent heard anyt. Most likely there is the odd one but come on lets see the facts.

Yes indeed. I've drunk many times with with thai guys and never had a problem.

No matter how good YOU think your Thai is and how you think you can do stand-up in Thai, making a joke about local louts in their own lingo in THEIR house...

I remember telling an Aggie joke at a bar in College Station and I had only been living in Texas for 12 years.

See what I am saying?

I went home to my own house but they know im live there. it was two weeks ago & i am not afraid of any man but a gang is a lot. In my country we put put stick in they bottom but my family is at home

Are you arabic? a stick in the azz sounds nasty?

Hahaha. You've got yourself in hell of a trouble, pal!

I think this part is the actual main indicator which has gotten you into heat: "i tried to make joke & say everyone happy but young man not happy because have no wife & have no sex because big group of men".

Basically, you insinuated, of course given to humorous factor, that they are NOT happy because of no wife and kids- is that correct? That's how I've interpreted and it equals to a "death sentence". These young thugs are ruthless and jokes should be avoided at all times. They can pull out a knife or crack a glass bottle in an instant and you find yourself bleeding to death. So, next time: no jokes under the presence of these thugs. Avoid the trouble.

A solid piece of advice,

Well said, those dirty dingy little shitholes are best kept away from by all foreigners in Thailand. If you want to see women go somewhere where foreigners are welcomed not those little cesspits that are filled with soldiers with a chip on their shoulders, sad sack businessmen, wannabe tough but scared of the soldiers kids and a merry mix of washed up old slags and ladyboys just waiting to thieve someone or spread another STD.

I wouldn't even go with a group of Thais, they are horrible depressing places to have a drink in.

bkkgooner:

That's some seriously impressive color commentary on the Thai karaoke bar scene.

I imagine it must have taken more than just a visit or two to soak up all that atmosphere.

I only hope you weren't ripped off or given an STD by a ladyboy too many times before you realized that 'enough was enough'.

I've been in a karaoke place once in 7 years and that was with my girlfriend a few years back. However there is a karaoke bar about 100 m from my house and then another two at the top of the soi so I do walk past them and see the merry mixture of ladyboys and women sitting outside and the utter shithole that awaits them inside. I have heard all of the stories about soldiers refusing to pay and motorbike kids trying to cause hassle but getting slapped around.

Luckily I haven't gotten any STDs from ladyboys in my time here and never been ripped off either but then again i can count on my fingers the amount of times I have gone into any sort of go-go type place due to being relentlessly pussy whipped by my (lovely) wife. But even if I was single and going out for a booze up I would stay well away from karaoke places just due to them being horrible places.

• Like 1

Geronimo summed it up nicely, why ever go into those scummy dives? Just asking for it. Regard the singing and taking the mic out of the lads, I'm pretty sure if you came to my town and started abusing groups of chaps there, you wouldn't last 5 mins. But you're trolling really, right?

Buy loads of ping pong balls from a local Gogo bar, if they come round again throw a bucket of them towards the gang.

The girls will scramble around and try to pick them up, motorbikes will fall one after another, attention diverted, giving you just enough time to climb out the back window and down the badly attached plastic drainpipe.

Putting sticks in their ass sounds a bit too much to pull off IMO.

I thought karaoke bars is where people go to sing and make fun of each other's singing ability. Not get their lives threatened. Did you sing Hotel California better than them?

Only in the west, in Asia they seem to take it very seriously

I remember in Hong Kong they'd always be kick offs, violence and all sorts based around karaoke activities!

I want to know how they knew where he lived?

There were stories coming out of the Philippines a few years ago of guys getting killed in karaoke bars for singing the Frank Sinatra anthem (written by Paul Anka) "My Way." Lots of theories were advanced as to why this particular song could provoke homicidal violence. The most plausible explanation is that the singer is being excessively arrogant, in a culture where there's already an excess of macho posturing. Also, it's a deceptively simple song that is hard to sing correctly. Of course, Frank makes it look easy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kENPUZTn4IE

so you can't speak english but can speak thai.

i am calling BS

another troll

Why you think it's not possible (about language skill not if he is troll or real person)? There are lots of material in other languages (like Chinese, Japanese) too than only English, for learning Thai. And English is actually difficult language to learn for people who doesn't speak any Germanic language, I'd say same difficult as Thai for English speaking person. Edited by THssii

so you can't speak english but can speak thai.

i am calling BS

another troll

Why you think it's not possible (about language skill not if he is troll or real person)? There are lots of material in other languages (like Chinese, Japanese) too than only English, for learning Thai. And English is actually difficult language to learn for people who doesn't speak any Germanic language, I'd say same difficult as Thai for English speaking person.

Cracking a joke about a guy that isn't getting laid is asking for it though.

Maybe he didn't have a wife to begin with as I don't the OP would have had the chance to start the thread if so.