Gold bars: Couple demand answers from Thai police

webfact

Is it 200 Bht of gold or 200ozs of gold as 200 of bht is SFA, as for demanding answers, join the Cue, lots of people over time have demanded answers like the widow of the missing human rights lawyer , everybody is waiting for Thailand finest to give answers and waiting and waiting and. coffee1.gif

200 Bht is about 3,048 grams, which is worth about $USD120,000....hardly SFA?

Call me slow but I still dont get it, you state 200 Bht is 3.048 grms. So in this case what does Bht stand for?

Is it 200 Bht of gold or 200ozs of gold as 200 of bht is SFA, as for demanding answers, join the Cue, lots of people over time have demanded answers like the widow of the missing human rights lawyer , everybody is waiting for Thailand finest to give answers and waiting and waiting and. coffee1.gif

Call me slow but I still dont get it, you state 200 Bht is 3.048 grms. So in this case what does Bht stand for?

1 baht weight thai gold is equivalent to 15.2 grams.

THB = Thai Baht = the currency

BHT = bullion weight in Thai Baht. 1 BHT equals 15,2 grams of gold weight. All Thai Gold (circa 98% purity) is traded in the traditional weight BHT inside Thailand.

Baht weight of gold is about 16 grams of gold So 2 baht weight equals 32 grams or a bit over 1 troy ounce. So if buying gold from dealer like I sometimes do I carry my pocket scale to check for correct weight. The shops I buy from know this. So never get under weight . Same with gems always check there carat weight and cut and clarity and test stones with stone tester. Besides great for travelling light weight easy to sell and get a bit of profit from sale. I know where the honest shops are Send them customers a lot good relations with owners. Besides I gave them many good customers in exchange get some stones free or at there purchase price. Which is almost unheard of. But they got access to US markets And above board duty free for small amounts.

We were scammed for 280000 baht (partly gold -partly money). The police ignores us. We don't know where the money and gold is now.

We know the name and address of the person that scammed us, we have his identity card number, have CCTV images, and have 100% prove. All evidence is with the police.

We should have never gone to the police, but arrange it like Thai people would do it.

I would advice the same thing to other people with the same experience - hire mafia or corrupt police - going the official way is useless.

Once you've made an official report at the police station, your chance on asking for "special assistance" is gone.

I agree with you 100%. I also tried the police a few times for various things over the years, each time was as useless as the next. Now, things are handled Thai style. No police, ever. When in Rome...

The police should just stick to handing out motobike tickets, because that is the only thing they are somewhat decent at.

Sviss Geez # 37

ThaiVisa, the hub of people that don't understand the basics.

You certainly fit the bill of those you describe, in fact looking at all of your posts you are indeed a role model of those posters on Thai Visa.whistling.gif

If you look carefully, seabass69 used a comma as his delimiter, not a period as you did. You're not slow, but most likely weren't raised in one of the countries that typically employs commas as the delimiter (Australia, Thailand, the U.K. and U.S.) thumbsup.gif

Edited by jamesbrock