My observation going through customs at the airport very quiet

WilliamCave

(...)

Have your trips to LOS different ??

Please come back again !!

Except for Singha shamefully shrinking their bottle, I never found anything like what you described during my 25 trips to Thailand.

But I may have been lucky.

(...)

Have your trips to LOS different ??

Please come back again !!

Except for Singha shamefully shrinking their bottle, I never found anything like what you described during my 25 trips to Thailand.

But I may have been lucky.

Dear Ilz !

I must say sorry, all this not happened to me on one trip,

than i would be an very unlucky traveller;

But no Joke,

on day before New year I were staying on an Iland with wife, 2 childrens, another friend

without an room available, they didn-t accept the Agoda booking, first they told me that they

not received the Agoda booking, I had to arrange that agoda called them,

than they just wanted return us some money, not all,

no other room available on a small Iland before new years eve !

In a hot argumentation,

they offered me to make a room of there staff house free !!!!!

With a taxi, I know now to avoid it ,

but on beginning where you dont knaw language, city, distances -

they cheat you from A to Zet !

Everytime now if driver ask me, first time here ? No

Do you know the way ? yes

And when I take the ticket at SWAMPY , always a few word in Thai,

than driver know and fear you already !!

Otherwise I have travellexperince for 35 years, East europe, Russia, Central africa,

There I know they always try to cheat me,

But when i come to thailand i come for relax !! I dont want to fight against this when I on

holiday, I have to do it there where I have no other choice !

If in Samui, I take now my rental car,

In Samui, even my thai wife can defend not to be cheated by Taxi every drive, every day !!

regards to happy tourists which dont need taxirides in LOS

Never say you are the first time here,

always say you know somehow,

ever tell some thai is waiting you there

always say you have a booked hotel, even if you search !!!

"I have never seen it this quiet in 11 years flying in and out of here ." I beg your pardon mate. This airport only opened in 2006 and how you got to land there for the earlier 3 years? By helicopter???

Sorry should have added more and stated don muang airport then swampy for the past 11 years

I avoid Swampy like the plague. If I have to return to the States, I take Silk Air from CNX to Singapore, then EVA to LA. Evergreen Deluxe class. Not much more expensive than Coach, but 10 times the comfort. Return trip the same way.

Hay... send me a private message about these flights. I would love to know more about them, like the ballpark price breakdowns. I usually go through Inchon on my way back to LA on Asiana. Thanks for the info though!

It is always advisable to reach immigration counters just behind a large tour group from China, led by a woman carrying a flag and shouting very loudly...

It is always a pleasure to watch as they switch queues so that they can get to the counter a few minutes faster and then start to fill out the landing card at the counter, ignoring the polite immigration police attempt to move them aside from blocking it all.

Then follow the same group to the baggage reclaim, where they carefully cram their trollies into the space in front of the line which says no trollies beyond this point. All the time shouting instructions at each other as loudly as possible. (at least I think they are instructions..) and make sure they handle most of the suitcases on the conveyor, just to be sure they are not missing any.

In this way, you will always feel like the airport is busy...

Edited by bangon04

When one flies business class one never queues,

but the last thing I want to do is gloat about.it.

Actually you certainly do have to queue at Suwannaphoom if your airline does not have a fast-track agreement with Suwannaphoom airport and thus accordingly does not hand out fast track cards to its business class passengers upon arrival. On exiting though, all business class passengers are fast-tracked. I speak from experience.

For first class on the other hand, it is all fast track. You wouldn't know about that though.

When one flies business class one never queues,

but the last thing I want to do is gloat about.it.

wink.png

Op, probably combo of end of low season and time of flight. Tourists are down, though, but the Thais don't care as apparently they will be just fine as an 'isolated country' and don't need the money. I think the ongoing price hikes over inhalation, the ongoing strong baht/week Western monies and just the realisation by the masses that this is not a very safe country is hitting home. People will either stay at home or spend money elsewhere. The Chinese will continue to come though.

Edited by daveAustin

Singha beer:

reduced from 0,67 l to 0,5 lit - same price evrywher = = cheating;

Not that I drink that awful, chemically-laden juice, but did you also notice that the alcohol content in Singha has gone from like 6+% to 5%? Changes, tightening up and price hikes are right across the board. I preferred dear ole Muang Thai pre-internet days when 1) things were a lot cheaper, 2) there was no Swampy, and 3) you didn't get to hear about all the bad stuff that was going on around the country.

Great information on the heading "going through customs at the airport" . Not one post regarding Customs but two pages on Immigration

similar to USA

U R white, civil dressed, you are almost trough without any question;

other scin, or your tailor or barbier died last, please red channel at least;

But must say, still comfortable over all;

Tourists are tourists,

first class anyway pass different,

visa runners lost their coins already on X-ray;

In the last two years, I've flown into Swampy from Beijing, Seoul, Taipei, Phnom Penh and Saigon. That's about 15-20 flights. Probably 80 per cent of the time I've arrived with small or no lineups. More and more. Just arrived from Phnom Penh recently and I was the first one to an immigration officer. Empty hall. That just doesn't jibe with the image of a busy international airport. Years before, I can remember frequently SMSing friends about how long the arrival/departure lineups are and wondering, on departure flights, whether I should have arrived at Swampy earlier. I haven't send similar SMSs in a long time. So I really do think, based on my experience, fewer visitors are coming to Thailand.