Gold - Bank Storage

Hi

My wife had approx 10 baht in gold, she will soon be live in the UK with me but I'm concerned if she tries to bring the gold through customs.

Do banks in Thailand have a storage facility for this, I'd imagine like a safety deposit box type setup? also does anyone have an idea of cost?

Thanks

I want to know that to. Is it possible to buy gold as currency?

Not many 7/11's have enough change for Sovereigns or Krugerrands, as an investment it might be better to buy gold certificate's, you avoid the cost of assay test's when selling the gold certificates back to the bank.

You would be best served to go to a large branch where the number of boxes may be many and the boxes are in a proper vault. I once tried to open one in Chonburi at a small branch where even I could break into the vault "area" which was not a real vault but the back room of the branch.

My box (maybe 8" X 8") is at Citibank in Bangkok and cost about 1,600 + Vat per year.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes they do, but only limited spaces and depending on your location they may be full. Bangkok is difficult, for example. Chiang Mai at the SCB main branch still has some available.

You would be best served to go to a large branch where the number of boxes may be many and the boxes are in a proper vault. I once tried to open one in Chonburi at a small branch where even I could break into the vault "area" which was not a real vault but the back room of the branch.

My box (maybe 8" X 8") is at Citibank in Bangkok and cost about 1,600 + Vat per year.

cheers guys, not as expensive as I thought, thought it maybe 500baht a month so that Citibank price looks good