Manchester City

mrbojangles

7 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well f#@@ me nev I was writing Salford as my address back in the day. 

Its Stretford mate, sorry to be a pedant like city fans but old Trafford is in Stretford greater Manchester.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, carmine said:

And the bus is already parked up!!!:smile:

You think i'm joking JD?!!!  It'll be all about stiffling the midfield, keeping it narrow, Fellaini's elbows and kicking the living shit out of De Bruyne and Silva.  And if its a bore draw the press are going to nauseatingly mull over a Mourinho "masterclass". :sad:

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think the press have seen through that now and even those that fawned all over him are starting to bash him

Most of the bashing seems to be coming from the United fans who quite rightly believe with the quality of players they have the brand of football should be far better.  Who can blame them?

Well anyway, the stage stage is set for a De Bruyne masterclass, especially since Mourinho didn't rate him.  How embarrassing must that be!  

1 hour ago, carmine said:

You think i'm joking JD?!!!  It'll be all about stiffling the midfield, keeping it narrow, Fellaini's elbows and kicking the living shit out of De Bruyne and Silva.  And if its a bore draw the press are going to nauseatingly mull over a Mourinho "masterclass". :sad:

You misinterpreted my response Carms. Fully agreed !

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Well anyway, the stage stage is set for a De Bruyne masterclass, especially since Mourinho didn't rate him.  How embarrassing must that be!  

Does make me smile at the quality of KdB and that he let him go.

In fairness to KdB, he didn't feel he was getting a fair crack at game time, so pushed for a transfer. I like players who WANT to play and who will go elsewhere (even if it's to a lesser team) to play the sport they love.

29 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Does make me smile at the quality of KdB and that he let him go.

In fairness to KdB, he didn't feel he was getting a fair crack at game time, so pushed for a transfer. I like players who WANT to play and who will go elsewhere (even if it's to a lesser team) to play the sport they love.

Your points highlight his mistake even more.  A guy that desperately wants to play.  So he joins a lesser club in a different league and becomes player of the season.  And now he's arguably the best player in the premier league.  And Mo Salah is right up there too, made a terrific impact at Liverpool,  another one that was shut out and sold off cheap!!!!

Its got to be acutely embarrassing.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

A bullet dodged away to Leicester. What a screamer from KDB. Heck of a match from Delph I thought. Save for KDB I would have voted Delph MOM.

Here's hoping Stones' hammy is better than it looked. Vinnie made it for 90, but a lot of the work in the back came through Mangala late in the game. Kompany barely involved the last 20 minutes or so. Fingers crossed.

10 hours ago, jellydog said:

A bullet dodged away to Leicester. What a screamer from KDB. Heck of a match from Delph I thought. Save for KDB I would have voted Delph MOM.

Yeah, they almost caught us out in the same way they normally play against us. Sit back and counter. If Bravo had been in goal I reckon they might have got in front. I like Ederson more and more every time I see him play

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yeah, they almost caught us out in the same way they normally play against us. Sit back and counter. If Bravo had been in goal I reckon they might have got in front. I like Ederson more and more every time I see him play

Yeah, Ederson is so impressive, and still so young.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Vincent was lucky to stay on the field after stopping Vardy early on. Could have been a different result playing virtually all the game with 10.

City seen to have the knack of winning when most other teams would settle for a draw. 

Record breaking year, this.

Edited by owl sees all

17 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think the ref made the right decision as Stones was also there (marginally in front) but on another day, the ref could have easily given a red.

In those questionable last man scenarios I think refs err on the side of a yellow rather than a sending off, and rightly so.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I think the ref made the right decision as Stones was also there (marginally in front) but on another day, the ref could have easily given a red.

20 minutes into the game, instead of 2, and I think he would have gone. City's full backs made the difference for me. Gray and Mahrez were pretty ineffective and Vardy didn't really get much service. Mangala looked good too. Leicester's full backs could not cope with Sterling and Sané.

3 minutes ago, jellydog said:

In those questionable last man scenarios I think refs err on the side of a yellow rather than a sending off, and rightly so.

Vincent was lucky. He was beaten and took Vardy out. Just at the end of the challenge he flicked his leg up, just to make sure.

Personally I'd like to see a 'sin bin'. 20 minutes for a challenge like that.

Edited by owl sees all

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Personally I'd like to see a 'sin bin'. 20 minutes for a challenge like that.

It ain't Rugby OSA. For the 'sin' you get a yellow. One more and your off for the rest of the match. 5 yellows and you get a match ban. It wasn't dangerous or malicious so that's penalty enough IMO.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, champers said:

20 minutes into the game, instead of 2, and I think he would have gone. City's full backs made the difference for me. Gray and Mahrez were pretty ineffective and Vardy didn't really get much service. Mangala looked good too. Leicester's full backs could not cope with Sterling and Sané.

Delph was near perfect at LB. What a revelation he has been. Our supposed back up, Danilo, has hardly had a sniff.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

It ain't Rugby OSA. For the 'sin' you get a yellow. One more and your off for the rest of the match. 5 yellows and you get a match ban. It wasn't dangerous or malicious so that's penalty enough IMO.

Quite right Mr BoJ. No sin bins...no video refs.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

The game can evolve! I would use the 'sin bin' for cheating and professional fouls. The retrospective method of punishment - as it is at present - is not fair.

Vincent took him out and should have been punished for the deliberate foul.

Just now, owl sees all said:

The game can evolve! I would use the 'sin bin' for cheating and professional fouls. The retrospective method of punishment - as it is at present - is not fair.

Vincent took him out and should have been punished for the deliberate foul.

He was <deleted> punished with a booking.